Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Conference Center {US-FL}

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Conference Center {US-FL}

Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:56 am

Programs: Who cares about your car rental elite status?
Originally Posted by simonsmith
Struggling to find anything about this Hotel. Has anyone stayed there and can comment? Currently booked at the Hilton Miami Airport
Tx
I would not recommend staying at either unless you have a convention or meeting at that specific hotel. Both are quite a distance from anything worth seeing. The doubletree is walking distance to ummm ... a gas station. :P

If you want someplace nice but away from South Beach, with restaurants and stuff you can walk to, try Coconut Grove or Coral Gables areas.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
Staying here in a week thanks to Hotwire. I felt like noting it since this thread hasn't had any activity. I hope they recognize Diamond status, but I'm not expecting anything since it was booked through a third party.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:59 am

Location: In between BRU, BSL , AOI and the rest of the world
Programs: BAEC Gold, LX Sen, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by simonsmith
Struggling to find anything about this Hotel. Has anyone stayed there and can comment? Currently booked at the Hilton Miami Airport
Tx
Struggled as well to chose an hotel close to MIA and eventually found the Sheraton. Nothing extraordinary but better than average Sheratons in US , conveniently located to the airport and better rates than the Hilton. It also had better TA comments . Have also stayed at the not far Doubletree Biscayne but really unimpressed and switched back to the Sheraton for my last night in MIA .
Old Apr 29, 2014, 6:31 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Stayed here last night. Very impressed with it. A few of the fixtures (vents, power outlets etc) indicate that this is quite an old property but it is well maintained and decor is fresh, elegant, homely and stylish.

Got upgraded to a huge room on the Exec floor, free appetiser voucher, free drink voucher, free breakfast voucher. Lounge actually looks like someone's lounge n a nice house.

Breakfast available in the lounge or buffet downstairs in the restaurant.

Friendly and quick check in when I arrived. Location-wise, from MIA it is just a little further along from the Hilton. I stayed at the Hilton two weeks ago and I prefer this place. Shuttle runs 24/7 here unlike the Hilton which does not start until 6am so i useless for pre 8.30am international flights.

Rate is $103. Great value for money in my mind and I will definitely stay here again next time I have a MIA layover.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
I have stayed here 50 nights in the last 2 years. I like this property. They still have an executive lounge but recently beer and wine became a cash payment item. Still, appetizers are decent. Being a DBLTree, breakfast may be available but if you are Silver, not sure what that gets you.

The pool area is nice. Bar area is decent. Rooms are never an issue for me. I really like the high floors on the airport side. Airport noise is not an issue for me.

The attached Merchandise Mart is kind of fun to walk around....not like a typical mall. Lots of bulk stores with jewelery, etc. I think the high conentration of visitors from South America to shop is the draw for the Mart as well as the very close by Dolphin Mall.

NOTHING is in walking distance. Have a car or forget about it. Traffic is nuts here (pretty much anywhere in Dade County). This hotel sits at the (under construction) corner of the Dolphin and Palmetto Expressways which are 2 of the heaviest travel routes in the area.

Parking is $7 per night and always enough available.

I have also stayed at the Hilton MIA Airport quite a few nights. Nice - but not the best Hilton I have been to. Really nice pool area but again, no car would be an issue. The Blue Lagoon area is nice though.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Try the embassy suites miami airport. Breakfast and cocktail hour in your rate. Beats the poor lounges at hilton and doubletree. Never understood why people choose for a lounge why you have to pay for drinks. Impossible in Azië and Europe. As Diamond member I find myself often at a Embassy Suites property in the Usa.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:03 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by orr333

NOTHING is in walking distance. Have a car or forget about it.
Hold up, you can actually go shopping in blocks of 30 mins by taking the shuttle to the airport and then getting off it near the Hampton Inn and Suites on the way back. A strip mall or two and a Publix there. I did that myself because I needed to go to Walgreens and this was the concierge's suggestion. The driver you can flag down again at the bus stop next to Burger King.

Originally Posted by ITravelElite
Never understood why people choose for a lounge why you have to pay for drinks.
I still don't understand why people want to drink in a lounge at all. Notwithstanding, I notice from reading FT that people that like lounges are also similarly appeased by curved shower rails and the DT has those.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I just stayed here the other nite and I thought it was terrific!!
Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by nlkm9
I just stayed here the other nite and I thought it was terrific!!
Can you please elaborate? Hows the room and food etc?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:24 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Any updates all?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.