Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Shanghai {CHN} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2001, 2:42 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Does anyone have any comments/experiences with this hotel?
Old Jan 13, 2001, 4:21 am

I stayed in the Shanghai Hilton a few years ago. DID NOT RECEIVE ANY HH POINTS. I was told by HH that even though this one is called Hilton, it is not eligible for HH points or benefits. Why? No one knows. I stayed there for two weeks and did not find out about the HH points untill I returned. It is a nice hotel in a decent location (resturant, shops, transportation bus, subway close by). But everything were extremely marked up! The area is fair safe. The resturants in the area are very clean and good and much more reasonable priced than the Hilton. Check out www.sinochina.com There are good deal on hotels in China. Depends what you are doing there. You may want to find a hotel close to where you go the most. The traffic is terrible there. Taxi is not too expensive but during rush hour, it can kill your time and money quickly.
Old Jan 13, 2001, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

What!? Hilton Shanghai told you they don't offer HH points? This is news to me. I just stayed there last December for 4 nights. They offered HH points and airline miles. All these stays count towards all promotions thave I've enrolled. CBflyer, seriously, I don't know if we are talking about the same hotel. There should be no mistake b/c there is only one Shanghai Hilton. Oh, I noticed you said a few years ago. Well, things are obviously different now. The hotel is really 5-star standard, much higher than many U.S. Hiltons. Shanghai is a 12 million people mega-city, this hotel stands in one of the most commercial and expensive area of the city. I am sure if you go back there now, you probably wouldn't recognize the city b/c it changes so fast.

If you are a Gold VIP or above, make sure you bring your card with you. The staff are very professional, they really know the rules. They will automatically upgrade you to the Executive floor without hesitation. If this is not your first time there (i.e. you have stayed with them recently), when you check-in, you don't even need to show your VIP card; they will ask you to go check-in at the 37th floor, the Executive check-in. Breakfasts are complimentary for Executive floor guests. Several good amenities upon arrival and this hotel really pays a lot of attention to VIP guests.

[This message has been edited by Guava (edited 01-13-2001).]
Old Aug 15, 2001, 7:42 pm

Shanghai Hilton?

Planning a short trip to Shanghai. Iheard the Hilton was a good place to stay. Any comments or suggestions/ Or info how Golds are treated?

------------------
Old Aug 15, 2001, 7:48 pm

Comments and Gold VIP Treatment:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/002188.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/002179.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/001009.html

Suggestions:
Try using search next time.
Old Aug 15, 2001, 8:08 pm

Sorry!!! I did a manual short search and did not complete a thorough one.

i will not make this mistake again.

Thanks for the links.
Old Sep 2, 2001, 8:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
Hilton Shanghai

Hi,
I am looking to stay at the Shanghai Hilton in September. Any tips for inexpensive rates. Lowest World of Savings I could find was $159.
Old Sep 3, 2001, 5:24 am
In Memoriam

If you are visiting a friend or associate in Shanghai, have them Make the reservation and do it in yuan, it is always cheaper for me.....
Old Sep 3, 2001, 5:26 am
In Memoriam

PS I'll be there 23-27 September at $88.00 per night
Old Sep 3, 2001, 8:02 am

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
Hi,
What number did you call or Internet web registration did you visit to get such a great rate of only $88 per night for the Shanghai Hilton?
Thanks
Old Dec 31, 2001, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA1K/3MM, AA & DL 1MM, *wood Plat, Hertz Pres.
Reviews of Shanghai Hilton?

I may be doing a milage run to Shanghai in late Jan and wanted to get comments/reviews of this hotel. I'll be using points and am a Hilton Diamon member.

------------------
UA1K,Plt. AA, M/M DL,
Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plt, Starwood Plt.
Old Dec 31, 2001, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
Stayed there for 3 nts last April. I found it fine. They think of themselves as 5 star. Rooms are fine, lobby is spacious and nicely laid out, restaurant is very nice. Bottled water provided and replenished in the room, although the counter said one could drink the tap water. Location is a cab ride to everywhere, unless you want to walk quite a few blocks. Lobby staff speaks english.
Old Jan 1, 2002, 3:15 am
In Memoriam

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Warrenlm:
They think of themselves as 5 star.</font>
And act accordingly. This was one of my great surprises last year. I switched from Marriott to Hilton and was overwhelmed with this property.

Wonderful lounge, great breakfasts, great cocktail hours.

Room was spacious, clean, well lit, with everything working.

Service was fantastic.

------------------
DL PM, UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott PM, Hyatt Gold

[This message has been edited by underpressure (edited 01-01-2002).]
Old May 19, 2002, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I did a search on "Shanghai" under Hilton and read all the threads pertaining to the Shanghai Hilton.

Luckily for me, they are all pretty flattering. I have a GLON 6-night award stay coming up soon at this hotel!

Just wanted to know if anyone has anything new to add. Thanks.

Kathy
Old May 19, 2002, 10:07 pm

The staff of this hotel is wonderful. I had
3 rooms for Chinese New Years and they made
the stay very special for my Chinese in-laws
who don't get to the city too often.

I stay here most every time I am in Shanghai
and always had a great experience.

Bring your swim suite, they have a great indoor pool.

There are a ton of bars, resturants and shops all within walking distance. If you
do need to take a cab, they are very cheap.

Have a great trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.