Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in New York (state), USA {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in New York (state), USA {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2001, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in New York (state), USA {US-NY}

Ok, enough lurking already. The company is sending me to Rochester next month for three weeks. A check of the area shows both Hampton Inns and Homewood Suites. Stayed at plenty of Hampton's but never a Homewood. I'm leaning toward the Homewood for the points and miles and a kitchen. So what does HH Gold provide me at the Homewood; do they have an executive floor, manager's reception, breakfasts and the like? And is anyone familiar with this particular property? I've never been to ROC before either... Thanks in advance!
Old May 8, 2001, 8:56 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
Always, always, always choose a Homewood over a Hampton! OK, now I'll get off my soapbox.

Seriously, I stayed at the Rochester Homewood for a week in January, darn cold. The facility is absolutely wonderful. It is very new, the rooms are very well kept and clean, and the service is excellent. Gold doesn't get you much here, as there isn't really anything to upgrade to. Everybody in the hotel has access to the free breakfast and manager's reception, which are also great. The breakfast is almost a full breakfast. One hot entree, lots of continental b-fast stuff, build your own waffle, etc. The reception has a different "signature item" each night, almost enough for dinner. Some nights its egg rolls, some nights Lasagna! Not to mention beer and cheap wine.

Finally, nothing beats having a couch to relax on, and a ceiling fan in the bedroom!

Have a nice stay, too bad it is in Rochester.

(PS - No offense Rochesterites!)

[This message has been edited by gwade (edited 05-08-2001).]
Old May 10, 2001, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the review, gwade. I'll remember to go hungry!
Old May 10, 2001, 3:10 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
HEY... Nothing wrong with Rochester... except our high airline prices.

Seriously, that is a great property. It also has a Cracker Barrell restaurant literally in the same parking lot. You are also minutes from a mall and several other restaurants.

I live 5 minutes from there... so know it well.

William
Old May 10, 2001, 4:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Platinum
gwade, Okay, you were in Rochester in January - cold and snow. Too bad someone didn't alert you to the advantages of cold and snow. There's a lot of sking available (downhill and cross xcountry), a lot of professional sports (I'll let someone who cares about sports tell you about it), music, theatre, museums, galleries, and history.

I tend to spend 5 - 7 days in very small Scottish villages and manage to discover the joys available. Too bad you missed out on so many opportunities during your stay in Rochester.

By the way, it Rochesterians, not Rochesterites

Larry

BTW William, I won't go near a Cracker Barrel after I heard about their policies and actions toward gays and lesbians

[This message has been edited by Larrude (edited 05-10-2001).]
Old May 10, 2001, 5:08 pm

Larry,

As a gay male, I do not patronize them either. But, I am not one to make that decision for other people.

Besides, it IS convenient to the Homewood Suites.

William
Old May 10, 2001, 6:58 pm
Original Member

William, You are a more understanding man than I am. But, we could of course give directions to the nearby Krispy Kreme (even though I am not able to indulge, I have heard wonderful things) or many of the nearby restaurants and bars with excellant food and less restrictive employment policies.
Old May 10, 2001, 8:20 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
Larrude, you crack me up. My apologies to all the Rochesterians! I live in CA, and actually enjoyed the snow and cold. As for enjoying the many splendid things in Rochester, I was working too much. :-(

Happy to oblige with the report!
Old May 11, 2001, 6:20 am
Original Member

Old May 11, 2001, 2:04 pm

ALSO, we just started our "Horses on Parade" summer. www.horsesonparade.org

Reminds me of "Moose on the Loose" in Toronto.

They certainly are colorful!

But, get the map and find them all... JUST make sure you use KODAK film.

William
Old Jun 12, 2001, 10:46 am

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton HHonors Hotels in New York (state), USA {US-NY}

Guys I am looking to make a trip to Lake George in NY either by the end of this month or in July.

Any Hilton Property?

Txs in Adv.
Old Jun 12, 2001, 10:59 am
DOC 2 BE

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by ngupta:
Guys I am looking to make a trip to Lake George in NY either by the end of this month or in July.

Any Hilton Property?

Txs in Adv.
</font>
I think the closest is the Hilton in Lake Placid, NY. Try going on to the Hampton, D/T, or E/S sites and search all the Hilton properties within a chosen radius of Lake George.

There is also a HGI in Saratoga Springs, NY.

BTW, Lake George is beautiful.

Arrrgh! They appear to have changed the search function!!! Try going onto Travelocity and use the Lake George, New York city area and then choose ALL Hilton Properties, and you my get something.

Anyone know how to navigate the new Hilton search function?

[This message has been edited by DOC 2 BE (edited 06-12-2001).]

Old Jun 12, 2001, 12:42 pm

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/s...ch_cross.jhtml

Took a bit to get there! Have to search, then find the tiny link on the bottom of the return page -- but this should take you right to it.

Have found that if you check "All Brands" it doesn't work very well. You are much better checking each brand and NOT checking "All Brands" -- more results(well not so this time I tried, so they may have fixed it).
Old Jun 12, 2001, 1:28 pm
DOC 2 BE

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by cat333:
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/s...ch_cross.jhtml

Took a bit to get there! Have to search, then find the tiny link on the bottom of the return page -- but this should take you right to it.

Have found that if you check "All Brands" it doesn't work very well. You are much better checking each brand and NOT checking "All Brands" -- more results(well not so this time I tried, so they may have fixed it).
</font>

Unfortunately it doesn't work for Lake George. That is what I found, too. Hilton ruined it! It used to be that if you did not find a hotel within a radius of 60 miles(I think there was a lower radius you could start with), you could still go up to 100 miles when doing a search. I am almost positive that there is some Hilton within 100 miles of Lake George, but you would not know from this search function.

What I would suggest is to go on the driving directions page for one of the Hiltons that I suggested and type in Lake George as your destination, and see how far it is. Then, unfortunately, you will probably have to go to each other chain's site and view what hotels may be near Lake George and do a similar search. It is long and laborious.

Unless someone can come up with the original link, this is all we have for locations that are presumably not clustered too close to one another.

Old Jun 12, 2001, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a Hilton Garden Inn in Saratoga Springs. It is only 28 miles from Lake George. Saratoga Springs is about 20 miles North of Albany.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.