Wiki Posts
Search

"The Embassy Touch"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2001, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, CO Nothing, SPG Gold
"The Embassy Touch"

I arrived at the Embassy Suites at Dallas Love Field hoping to get the Embassy Touch gift and I got nothing. I asked the front desk about it and they had no idea what I am talking about. Has this happended to anybody else?
Old Aug 21, 2001, 12:56 pm

nwelite -- "Embassy Touch" gift is usually a black box with bottled water and some snacks, nothing too fancy.
Old Aug 21, 2001, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
Crystal City ES knew all about it; they just never brought one up to my room, despite three promises to do so.

Partly I am sure this is because their system kept spitting out my Gold number (it's old and has fewer digits) and they never bothered to let me know. I phoned it in once to the national reservations; once direct to the hotel, and at check-in, and it still didn't show up on my folio. A clever clerk took my advice to add a few zeros in front and it worked.

Charles

Old Aug 21, 2001, 8:43 pm

Also beware if you have an older flier number (with fewer digits). On more than on occasion I've had to mention to a Hilton Employee that if zeros were added at the beginning of the number the system would accept it . . . I finally typed a label and put the info on the front of the card.
Old Aug 22, 2001, 3:52 pm

I received 'the box' at the Embassy Suites in RIC this weekend. Very nice! (without asking!)

[This message has been edited by PointJunkie (edited 08-22-2001).]
Old Aug 22, 2001, 7:48 pm

Location: Laguna Beach, CA, USA- DL P/M, Hilton-Diamond, AA-gold,CO-silver
As a Diamond I have stayed at dozens of Hiltons, Doubletrees, Hamptons, and Embassy's and I can say that only ONCE I have received the welcome gift ...it was at a Hampton Inn & Suites somewhere. (water and oreo cookies)
At Hilton properties the "gift" is an upgrade or access to the executive floors w/lounge and/or breakfast, which I do usually get)
Everyone gets chocloate chip cookies at Doubletrees (yum)!
My number IS in all the reservations, so I think the welcome "gift" or "touch" or whatever is totally ignored all over the US.

Points is points.

------------------
Old Aug 22, 2001, 7:49 pm

As a Diamond I have stayed at dozens of Hiltons, Doubletrees, Hamptons, and Embassy's and I can say that only ONCE I have received the welcome gift ...it was at a Hampton Inn & Suites somewhere. (water and oreo cookies)
At Hilton properties the "gift" is an upgrade or access to the executive floors w/lounge and/or breakfast, which I do usually get)
My number IS in all the reservations, so I think the welcome "gift" or "touch" or whatever is totally ignored all over the US.

Points is points.

------------------
Old Aug 22, 2001, 7:51 pm

Points is points.
Old Aug 22, 2001, 7:52 pm

Points is points.
Old Aug 22, 2001, 8:00 pm

oops!
multiple posts of same message above!
I kept trying to post reply, but after lots of time, I got "connection timed out", so I did not think it posted.
elkay

Old Aug 22, 2001, 8:52 pm
Original Member

S'Okay, even with the new FT parameters for flood control, it still happens once in a while.

Don't worry about it!
Old Aug 22, 2001, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I have almost never *not* (is that a double negative) received the promised gift at various Hilton properties.

Last week, I had three separate stays...

Embassy Suites Lake Tahoe had the usual box (2 bottles of water and about four different snacks) PLUS a separate blue glass bottle of water (I thought it was wine at first) PLUS two plush robes hanging in the closet PLUS a full toiletry basket in the bathroom

Hilton Garden Mountain View had water and cookies in the room when I arrived (plus my breakfast certificates)

Hampton Inn Napa/Fairfield was in the process of switching my room when I checked in (I was apparently assigned a first floor room but an elderly gentleman with a cane was checking in before me so they must have been swapping our rooms because when I said my name after him, the desk clerk called to the back and asked a colleague to make room #2xx "Gold Ready" and that was the room I was assigned... the girl ran up and came back down to let her know the room was ready and then she gave me a key).

So I guess I have pretty good luck...

I've had to ask twice...

Once at the Waldorf Astoria for my free cocktail certificates (that they do in lieu of breakfast)... I got two from the desk clerk AND two more later slid under my door. They also gave me two free bottles of water per day from the honor bar.

The other time was at the Hampton Inn Newark... I got in late and wouldn't have said anything except that I hadn't had dinner, it was past restaurant time, and I was starving. The desk clerk apologized, told me that the cabinet was locked for the night, but then proceeded to grab $5 from petty cash and walk me to the vending machines to help myself to whatever I wanted.
Old Aug 23, 2001, 10:57 am

Recently stayed at the ES Downtown Portland and received the "Embassy Touch" with chips, cookies and bottled water. And the upgraded top floor corner suite overlooking the entrance to Portland's historic Chinatown was wonderful.

On the other hand, just returned from the ES in Buena Park, CA. No recognition, no upgraded anything, but I didn't argue because we spent most of our waking hours at Disneyland and CA Adventure.
Old Aug 23, 2001, 11:34 am
Original Member

Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA**US Airways Gold, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by techgirl:
I have almost never *not* (is that a double negative) received the promised gift at various Hilton properties.</font>
It's actually correct usage of a double negative (to make a positive), although "never failed to" might be clearer.
Old Aug 23, 2001, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cethen:
Recently stayed at the ES Downtown Portland and received the "Embassy Touch" with chips, cookies and bottled water. And the upgraded top floor corner suite overlooking the entrance to Portland's historic Chinatown was wonderful.</font>
I have to admit that the Portland ES knows how to take care of their VIPs! As a gold I not only go the Embassy Touch, but a personalized welcome card and, oh yea, upgraded to a named suite which had steps and a dining room table for 8! Portland ES Rocks!

I have also received the Embassy Touch at the ES's at SFO and South Lake Tahoe, but not Atlanta Perimeter.

PS- a thread about Beckles being mad about staying at the PDX Hilton and not the ES!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/002347.html

[This message has been edited by chexfan (edited 08-23-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.