Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Booking an Award Stay Over 365 Days Out

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2013, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold

I am looking to book a few nights at one of the Hiltons in Munich during Octoberfest in 2014. When I check the flexible dates using points at both properties, I see there there is availability everyday except for 2-3 weeks during Octoberfest in 2014. I get the message about how there's limited availability for Hhonors points during this time. Now I know they haven't sold out because I can find plenty of award availability during Octoberfest in 2013. Are they just blocking these dates until a later time? Would I have better luck trying within 365 days?
Old Aug 2, 2013, 10:22 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
They're using a Revenue / Yield Management model to control availability of award rooms - and properties may entirely block them and even establish different and more stringent booking conditions during times of extraordinary demand.

The term "Extraordinary Demand Dates" are dates determined by the hotel and Hilton HHonors, in their sole discretion, that are consistently popular reservation dates for guests, such as during major events in the area or New Year's Eve.
I might try contacting the hotel directly in this instance to determine if I can get my camel's nose under the tent.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Update: was able to book 4 nights last week. Looks like I just had to wait a little longer for availability to open up.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 5:02 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Can you explain how you can book for Oct 2014? The calendar on their website that I'm seeing only goes out to August 19, 2014.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Click the boxes for Hhonors points and flexible dates in the search section. It will take you to a list of dates and you can choose dates into the next year.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Delete
Old Aug 21, 2013, 3:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Thank you, I'll try that - I didn't know that trick before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.