Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2001, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Location: Mesa, AZ., USA, DL Gold,CRC,WN whatever,AA nobody,HHonors Diamond,Starwood Gold, could careless about Rental Car Co's.
Arrow Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas {US-AZ}

I have a friend who is the Customer Loyalty Manger at this property. (Basically, he handles all the HHOnors stuff) It is onwed by Merv Griffin and has just gone thru a $20M renovation. I got a walk thru this evening and WOW, what a place! Standard rooms, Junior suites with elevated (1 step up)bedroom areas, etc.. Current rate is just $69!!! Until Sept 15, then start taking out second mortgages. It has a completely new double level fully stocked fitness center, massage therapy, poolside bar, Flemings Steakhouse attached, HUGE pool grounds, and 1 Brand new, newly built Chairman's Suite overlooking the pool. It is mostly reserved for visiting Merv Griffin and Diamonds. This suite is Sweeeet! 1 bedroom, kitchen, dining, living room, 2 baths with the master bath the size of standard room itself.($750/night) Anyway, for us normals, at $69 and the entire third floor King Junior suites reserved for Hhonors, it is a smashing deal!
Old Aug 23, 2001, 9:20 am

Programs: Many
There is also a $55 AAA rate.
Old Aug 24, 2001, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Location: Mesa, AZ., USA, DL Gold,CRC,WN whatever,AA nobody,HHonors Diamond,Starwood Gold, could careless about Rental Car Co's.
Yess, correct, and if your a friend of an employee its $49!!
Old Aug 24, 2001, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Must be somthing big happening in town because I fly in Oct 13 and the lowest rate I can find at this property for Oct 13 through 15 is $149.00 (AAA = $179) maybe I need to be a friend of the employees.
Mike
Old Aug 24, 2001, 3:52 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MIKESILV:
Must be somthing big happening in town </font>
Its called the start of more tolerable temperatures...
Old Aug 25, 2001, 5:43 am
Original Poster

This is correct. Summer is our off season here. Peak starts middle of Sept and goes up after that. Even at the Oct price it's a great property!!

Old Jan 16, 2002, 3:08 pm

Any Recent Experiences w/ Hilton Scottsdale Resort??

Hello FTers,

We are staying here for four nights in Feb. and I was wondering if anyone had stayed there recently. My search did not show much recent information. Major questions are if there is free breakfast for HH Golds and is there nearby tennis. I have driven by but have never been inside.

Thanks in advance,

Va.SquireFlyer

Old Jan 17, 2002, 3:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Hilton Scottsdale What to Expect

I booked a great rate at the Hilton Resort and Villas in Scottsdale for MAR 21-24 for Giants spring training. As A Diamond what should I expect? Will I get a suite/villa? What other benifits have people out there recieved?

Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2002, 4:02 pm

what rate did you get, may I ask. I've stayed at the HGI Scottsdale, which was convenient for in town activities, but of course lacked a resort atmosphere. It was also pretty pricey for an HGI.
Old Jan 17, 2002, 7:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
The rate I got was $155. It seems great compared to the Phoenician which was almost $600.

------------------
Starwood Platinum, Alaska MVP, Harrahs/RIO Diamond Hilton Diamond UA PREMEX
Old Jan 18, 2002, 8:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Ryan,

If you do get an upgrade to a villa, you'll love it. The villas at the Merv are fabulous. It isn't as luxurious as the Phoenician, but very nice and comfortable. Great location. Enjoy!

The Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale is a great business hotel with a very convenient location.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 7:17 am

Hello Hilton FTers,

I just wanted to bring this post forward. Please let me know if there are any recent Hilton Scottsdale Resort experiences. Also, does anyone have any recommendations on great nearby places to eat?

Thanks in advance,

Va.SquireFlyer
Old Jan 29, 2002, 10:40 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
No experience at the Hilton Scottsdale - only Tapatio Cliffs in Phoenix. For restaurants, I recommend Vincent's. We have eaten there several times. I also understand there is an excellent, though expensive, restaurant at the Phoenician, but I have never eaten there myself.
Old Jul 23, 2002, 5:14 pm

Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas - Choice of Amenity?

I recently spent a week at this property and was VERY impressed. The check in agent was extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the property. I was given a pool side room (I'm not sure if that was an upgrade or not since it seemed like the whole first floor was poolside). The hotel was in great condition and every encounter with the staff was excellent.

What impressed me was that I was offered a choice of 'amenity' for being a Diamond member. There were a few choices (plate of fruit, etc) but I chose the movie and beer I was asked what time I'd like the beer to be sent over and was also told that I have until the end of my stay to watch the movie. (The movie charge showed up on my bill but was taken off as soon as I mentioned it.) 5 minutes after I entered my room, the phone rang and someone from the hotel asked about what kind of beer I'd prefer. I was wondering if they were going to ask or just give me something and so I was glad to see that this process had been thought out by them The whole choice of amenity at this Hilton was very similar to the Starwood Platinum Amenity except that points were not once of the choices.

Another thing that impressed me was that I was given continental breakfast tags to leave on my door. I was given one for each night of my stay and it allowed continental breakfast for 2 people. Now I know the breakfast coupons are usually given out to Diamond members but this is the first time I've had the free continental breakfast delivered to my room. Each time that the breakfast was delivered, I was asked to sign the bill and was told that the hotel will be taking care of it (everything except the gratuity that is). To me, this seemed like a very generous gesture.

I'm not sure where the Villas at this property were and I wonder if anyone has been upgraded to one. I highly recommend this property and if it were in a more convenient location for me, I'd still be staying there.
Old Jul 23, 2002, 7:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
What he said!!! Seriously, I was there last week and had the first floor poolside room, but everyone on the 1st floor gets those. I had the same amenity selection and chose the beer and movie as well, although I forgot about the movie so I never used it. Maybe because I was at Charlies Poolside bar all the time.. I loved that bar right beside the pool.. all for $59 a nite.. I'd go back there in a heartbeat. Like billy, I also was given the cont b/f tag for the door and also rec'd the call to see if my room was ok and what time I would like my beer. Great place, highly recommended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.