Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Georgia, USA {US-GA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Georgia, USA {US-GA}

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wharvey
Any thoughts on how to get general manager or hotel email address? I tried calling... and they would not give me one. GGGGrrrr...
I can't help you with an email but since you were on the phone, couldn't you have just asked to speak to the manager/front desk supervisor? That has worked great for me on numerous occasions at different properties.
Old May 20, 2014, 2:12 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I did ask! I am not THAT silly! :-)
Old May 21, 2014, 3:32 pm

Location: US, usually between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans
Programs: American Airlines, Hilton Honors, Free Spirit, AirTran A+, Coke Rewards
Call HHonors and ask them to include this request in the reservation?

Update the reservation online and add this request?

I booked reward rooms (HHonors CitiCard) by phone, and had the person include the upgrade request in the notes for the reservation. I do not see those notes when I review my reservation online, though.

I'll find out when I get there in mid-July (Yes, Hilton Garden Inn)

Hope you get a great upgrade!
Old May 26, 2014, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by walttom
Smack dab is not quite how I remember the Hilton Desoto's location from two visits to Savannah. I stayed at the Hampton Inn Historic District (which is called that because it's smack dab in the middle of the historic district). I remember walking by the Hilton and thinking that's it was just a bit too far away from the river and all the activity by the river.
The river is on the edge of the Historic District. The Desoto is in the middle. To me, the river is too touristy, but the area around the The Desoto has most of the charm with all the Squares etc. The Desoto was built in 1890 and was considered the prime location in the city. Hilton demolished it in 1968. www.emsontheroad.com/tag/old-desoto-hotel/
It is also a shorter walk to Mrs Wilkes Boarding House restaurant.

Last edited by bigbuy; May 26, 2014 at 4:06 am
Old May 27, 2014, 8:01 am

I wanted to report back on our experience.

We ended up staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Historic District at 321 West Bay Street.

We arrived on Friday night. I had put in the reservation a request for a Diamond upgrade if available.

When arriving at 8 pm, we were given a room on the 6th floor facing the river. I asked if a Diamond upgrade was available. She checked and said she had a river view suite on the 4th floor available but it had no balcony. We took that... Room 431.

She then said we would get 750 points as the MyWay reward. I told her that my profile was set up for free breakfast. She said she would take care of that and we could pick up the coupons later in the evening.

We went up to the room.... it was at the end of the hallway... across from the ice machine (not good!). It is more of a mini-suite and not very large. The bathroom is the smallest I have ever seen in a "suite". We could see the Bridge and part of the river.... and we had the benefit of overlooking the Quality Inn across the street! While we did not have a "balcony" (better described as a "Juliet" balcony), the room was fine. Nothing fancy.

The hotel stay was unremarkable for the most part. I do highly recommend the breakfast buffet. Very plentiful. In addition, as part of the buffet price you can order eggs, omelets, benedicts and French toast.

Only two gripes: only option is valet parking at $25 a day. So, we paid $50 for them to keep the car as we did not need it while there.

Also, on Saturday evening, I asked for a diamond checkout at 2 pm since we were meeting friends until 1 pm and we wanted to freshen up before hitting the road. They refused, saying they could only give us noon. That did us no good whatsoever so we had to check out at 10 am. They were still selling rooms so they were not sold out.

Overall, nothing outstanding... but a good hotel.
Old May 27, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wharvey

Only two gripes: only option is valet parking at $25 a day. So, we paid $50 for them to keep the car as we did not need it while there.
Shame you didn't use the Ellis Square public parking garage, it only costs $10/24 hrs, and is only 2 blocks away.
Old May 27, 2014, 12:30 pm

It was closed for the weekend... think they were doing repairs.

Originally Posted by Notenut
Shame you didn't use the Ellis Square public parking garage, it only costs $10/24 hrs, and is only 2 blocks away.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:05 pm

Looks like The Hampton Inn Washington Rd. In Augusta had an issue with their cancellation policy on Hilton.com for Masters week. Received this email a couple weeks back regarding my stay. I booked it in part because it was refundable, but decided to keep it anyway.

Dear Masters Patrons,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton inn & Suites by Hilton Augusta-Washington Rd. for your Masters 2018 accommodations.

Our purpose today for notifying you is that on August 1st, 2017, the cancelation policy for reservations made from March 28th, 2018 through April 9th, 2018, was incorrectly changed due to a technical error made by Hilton Worldwide. This means you may have received an email confirmation with the incorrect cancelation policy.

Your confirmation may have noted a 48-hour cancellation policy; however, the correct cancelation policy is “Non-cancelable and Non-refundable.”

We apologize for this error and any inconvenience this may cause you. We are extending the opportunity to cancel your reservation without penalty by Friday, September 1st, 2017. After this date, we will hold your reservation to our correct cancelation policy which is “NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-CANCELABLE.”
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Savannah, GA Historic District

I'm planning a trip to Savannah in a few months. All the hotels in the historic district are 58-60,000 points/night except Hampton Inn & Suites, which is 50,000 points. Are any of them better than the others? Any to be avoided? Reviews on FT are nonexistent or old.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
I was just at the Savannah DT. Room was on the smaller side, but in great shape. The common areas of the hotel are beautiful (esp for a DT). Having a glass of wine in the library is a treat. Breakfast in the morning is very much above average.

Parking is valet only. I couldn't be bothered sorting out another alternative in an unfamiliar and old (by N. American standards) city.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
My wife and I stayed at the Embassy Suites. It was an above average Embassy in that the nightly reception had a higher quality of offerings than is typical. Between the breakfast and the reception, we didn't need any other meals most of the time.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:24 pm

I'm a big fan of the Homewood Suites on the riverfront. It has a rooftop pool and bar, pretty cool place to watch the ships go by.

Breakfast room is a little small, though, so it can be tough to find a table.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by muzthe42nd
I'm a big fan of the Homewood Suites on the riverfront. It has a rooftop pool and bar, pretty cool place to watch the ships go by.

Breakfast room is a little small, though, so it can be tough to find a table.
I've stayed at the downtown Hampton and I thought it was great. It is well located and it was a great stay. Also there is a public parking garage right across the street so you can park easily and cheaply.

Watch cash prices as your stay gets closer as the cash price I paid for this hotel a couple years ago in late April was about $130.

There is also a Hyatt in downtown that seemed to have a pretty low redemption requirement if you have any Hyatt points or a way to get them (Chase UR, etc.).
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by merle123
My wife and I stayed at the Embassy Suites. It was an above average Embassy in that the nightly reception had a higher quality of offerings than is typical. Between the breakfast and the reception, we didn't need any other meals most of the time.
i agree that this is an above-average ES. It appeared to either be a new property, or one that has been recently remodeled. A really nice touch was that the property kept a “tub” of complimentary bottled water in ice at the front door. I was there during the hot, humid days of August and I don’t know if this is a regular feature.

One thing I would note, however, that it’s about a 15-20 minute walk from the riverfront.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thanks for all your replies. Anyone been at the HGI lately?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.