Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Georgia, USA {US-GA}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Georgia, USA {US-GA}

Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Amelorn
I was just at the Savannah DT. Room was on the smaller side, but in great shape. The common areas of the hotel are beautiful (esp for a DT). Having a glass of wine in the library is a treat. Breakfast in the morning is very much above average.

Parking is valet only. I couldn't be bothered sorting out another alternative in an unfamiliar and old (by N. American standards) city.
+1 for the DT, nice pool too on the back side of the building. The HGI is just across the way, was in there once or twice for concierge questions (shared resource.) It looks nice too but i don't think it has a manned bar.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
I was just at the Savannah DT. Room was on the smaller side, but in great shape. The common areas of the hotel are beautiful (esp for a DT). Having a glass of wine in the library is a treat. Breakfast in the morning is very much above average.
I'll echo the positive comments about the DoubleTree, and add that the river-view rooms with sofabed are a bit larger and worth the small rate premium.

Parking is valet only. I couldn't be bothered sorting out another alternative in an unfamiliar and old (by N. American standards) city.
The Robinson Parking Garage, at intersection of Montgomery and York streets, is about five minutes' walk from the DoubleTree. Weekend rate is flat $5/day, well below the hotel's $30/night valet charge.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
Originally Posted by MS02113
I'll echo the positive comments about the DoubleTree, and add that the river-view rooms with sofabed are a bit larger and worth the small rate premium.

The Robinson Parking Garage, at intersection of Montgomery and York streets, is about five minutes' walk from the DoubleTree. Weekend rate is flat $5/day, well below the hotel's $30/night valet charge.
I was fortunate to have a river view room that day, which was appreciated. Yay diamond!

I will remember that garage tip for next time.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Does the Doubletree give golds & diamonds the full breakfast buffet or only continental? And does the buffet include made-to-order omelets?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by linsj
Does the Doubletree give golds & diamonds the full breakfast buffet or only continental? And does the buffet include made-to-order omelets?
Can't speak to Gold treatment, but as I Diamond I received the full buffet, including made-to-order eggs.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: United Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, Frontier 20K, Amtrak Guest Rewards
I stayed at the Doubletree last month. I have Gold status and they gave me a full breakfast. I could choose from anything on the menu too, not just the buffet.

Regarding the HGI (which is across the street from the DT) that you asked about above, they were doing some construction when I was there in January. Many guests who reviewed the HGI on TripAdvisor and who had stayed there during the construction gave the hotel poor reviews because of the noise. That was a major reason I chose DT over HGI. I don't know if it is still ongoing but you might want to check if it is if you are deciding between the HGI and DT.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DougNJ
I stayed at the Doubletree last month. I have Gold status and they gave me a full breakfast. I could choose from anything on the menu too, not just the buffet.

Regarding the HGI (which is across the street from the DT) that you asked about above, they were doing some construction when I was there in January. Many guests who reviewed the HGI on TripAdvisor and who had stayed there during the construction gave the hotel poor reviews because of the noise. That was a major reason I chose DT over HGI. I don't know if it is still ongoing but you might want to check if it is if you are deciding between the HGI and DT.
Good to know about DT breakfast. I'm a huge fan of HGIs, in large part for the breakfast, also for microwave that DT doesn't have, but am now leaning toward DT.

HGI site says construction will be completed at the end of February. I skimmed a number of reviews on TripAdvisor, and they focused on the construction; don't know if the renovation is solving some of the problems people mentioned.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, Frontier 20K, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Good to know about DT breakfast. I'm a huge fan of HGIs, in large part for the breakfast, also for microwave that DT doesn't have, but am now leaning toward DT.
If I'm not mistaken, the breakfast room is part of the renovation at HGI, and HGI guests had to go to the DT for breakfast. Admittedly, I learned that from a TripAdvisor review so I didn't hear it first hand from anyone there, but if true, you would be getting the DT breakfast regardless of which one you stay at, though you do have to cross the street for it if staying at HGI. If you are not going for a few more months that might be a moot point for you, but just wanted to point that out.

Last edited by DougNJ; Feb 7, 2018 at 8:20 pm Reason: added one more comment.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: HH
I agree, the Homewood is excellent, probably the best property down there. Have also stayed at the HGI there, and the HI, which is quite lovely and historic, but is a typical HI with not too many amenities.. The rates can vary widely depending on time of year, weekend/weekday and such. Points will always be a bit high being a tourist area. I'd do a combo of points and money.

Eat dinner at the Old Pink House! At one of the bars if you have a mind to. You shan't be sorry.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.