Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Georgia, USA {US-GA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Georgia, USA {US-GA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2011, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Hilton Gold, Lindy Award Winner (2013)
I have a feeling that we won't be seeing Debconaway again...
Old Nov 5, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TR7_DFW
I have a feeling that we won't be seeing Debconaway again...
Darn.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by adambrock
I would invoke the 100% satisfaction guarantee, and tell them you're not 100% satisfied that they didn't cancel your second reservation when requested. Did you happen to get a cancellation number?
The poster would have needed to actually stay there, and not make up a ficticious story for that to have worked.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
I am not one to be a grammar hawk, mostly because I make the occasional error when posting. But, I can't even read the OP, much less understand what it is she is trying to say.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 3:44 am
In Memoriam

I have NEVER had an issue with Hilton properties and cancellations, I have stayed 100+ nights a year for the past ten years and I would guess I do a dozen or more cancellations a year without issue but I still keep my confirmation numbers. @:-)
Old Jun 26, 2012, 7:23 pm

Any recent experiences at the Hampton Inn on St. Simons? Thinking of booking a room for my college age son and 2 friends...
Old Jun 26, 2012, 7:29 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by xooz
Any recent experiences at the Hampton Inn on St. Simons? Thinking of booking a room for my college age son and 2 friends...
Try this:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...d_Georgia.html
Old Jun 26, 2012, 8:02 pm

Uhh.. already been there, but thanks.
Old May 14, 2014, 9:03 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Recommendation for Savannah, GA

Looking for latest information.

We are thinking of going to Savannah, GA over Memorial Day weekend.

I am a Diamond member.

We want to be in the historic district.... what hotel would you recommend and why?
Old May 14, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
We stayed at the Hampton Inn on Bay Street for four nights two years ago and I thought it was very nice. Probably the nicest HI I have stayed in. I was gold at the time and we were given a top floor river view room. Hotel has a rooftop pool.

We had to tack a night on at the HGI down the block due to a cancelled flight and it was ok and friendly but not as impressive.

Hilton Desoto looks nice but is a long walk to the river and less convenient to many of the restaurants, bars etc. in the Historic Distric. If I returned it would probably be my second choice.

Hampton Inn & Suites and the Embassy Suites are in a more commercial area which I would discourage from a location standpoint.
Old May 14, 2014, 1:25 pm

Thanks... was thinking about the Embassy Suites... it is the most expensive on a cash rate... and usually love their breakfast... and would love the extra space.

But, do not want to be in the middle of nowhere. Do not know Savannah well at all.
Old May 14, 2014, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Stay on the river or close to it. The HI on Bay Street, like Brl says, is a very good property. The embassy suites and The Hilton DeSoto are both "downtown" but not where you'll probably want to go. Most good restaurants are on River street and three or four blocks in. Embassy suites is technically in the historic district, but it's a good walk from a lot of the squares and the hustle and bustle of river street.

Have fun! I recommend Gharabaldis (fantastic French onion soup) and The Olde Pink House (sit in the Tavern, way cool atmosphere!)
Old May 14, 2014, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Yeah, the ES is way on the outskirts of the Old City, near the Visitor's Center and the Railroad Museum.
The HGI and the 2Tree are closer and then the De Soto.
For years I've been a Hilton devotee, but I really liked the Andaz and the Bohemian right in the middle of everything.
Old May 14, 2014, 7:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by turnpike17
Have fun! I recommend Gharabaldis (fantastic French onion soup) and The Olde Pink House (sit in the Tavern, way cool atmosphere!)
^ Second both of those recommendations!
Old May 15, 2014, 7:44 am

Tough decision... we stayed at the Bohemian last year... was very nice.

Anyone have any Diamond experience on upgrades at any of the properties?

I was looking at walking distances and looks like the ES is about 10 minutes from things... is that true? We will be tourists... got trolley passes for two days... an evening walking ghost tour... and evening at Club One.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.