Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Georgia, USA {US-GA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Georgia, USA {US-GA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2005, 4:58 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Property doesn't feel like it was orginally an ES. The mall area is not the most attractive. While the rooms are suites they are fairly small, but not bad. The buffet breakfast is fine with made to order omelettes. The afternoon snacks not so hot. It's about 15 minutes from St. Simons. Probably the nicest property in the area.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 4:12 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Question Savannah Hilton vs Doubletree?

I'll be attending a weekend conferance in Savannah this November. Will appreciate current stay information for Doubletree vs Hilton vs Mulberry Inn. Rates seem comparative at about 179-199.

Seach feature doesn't uncover any recent posts. All responses appreciated.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by travelnurse
I'll be attending a weekend conferance in Savannah this November. Will appreciate current stay information for Doubletree vs Hilton vs Mulberry Inn. Rates seem comparative at about 179-199.

Seach feature doesn't uncover any recent posts. All responses appreciated.
I've never stayed at the Mulberry Inn, but frequented DT & Hilton quite often. The DT is much newer and nicer (it was the Radisson before), so that would be my choice. Close to the riverfront, so location to restaurants, etc is good. The Hilton has a club lounge, but they served fried chicken wings EVERY night (no joke) for the 7 months I was there. Can't stand that smell anymore.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 5:15 am

Savannah Hampton Historic District-Bay St. or MLK Blvd.??

We'll be in Savannah in March (after the St. Patrick's Day celebration) and want to stay in the historic district. I noticed there are 2 Hamptons listed as being in the historic district. One is on Bay Street and the other is an Inn and Suites on MLK Blvd. Any input or advice on which of these 2 properties is better for a Diamond 3 night stay would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Texas Traveler
Old Sep 17, 2006, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I believe that the Bay St location is in the center of the historic district. I know that MLK is at the far edge.

IIRC, the Bay St location is in an old historic building and is a very cool Hampton.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 8:36 am
Suspended

theres also a Double Tree and a Hilton (although a # of blocks away from the River) The DT looked great with a very nice lobby
Old Sep 17, 2006, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craz
theres also a Double Tree and a Hilton (although a # of blocks away from the River) The DT looked great with a very nice lobby
Isn't the DT over on MLK also?? Nice hotel but at edge of historic district.

Again IIRC, isn't the Hilton accross the river??
Old Sep 17, 2006, 8:46 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Bay St. is a very central location and a nice Hampton Inn in a large old looking brick building. They did not chagre me for parking as Gold either and breakfast has a few additional items than your normal Hampton.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 9:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikey1003
Isn't the DT over on MLK also?? Nice hotel but at edge of historic district.

Again IIRC, isn't the Hilton accross the river??
I dont know the names of the streets but if one walks out the main entrance of the HI on Bay,turn Right a few steps later you will be at the Street that if one crosses it will put You at the River Walk (after a few turns and Ups & downs). Now instead of crossing that street to get to the River Turn Left and walk a ways down one will hit the DT. If I remember correctly theres some sort of Market in the back of the Hotel in a square like setting.

For the Hilton, walk out of the HI and turn Left and walk a # of blocks and then turn right. Its about the same time wise to either the Hilton or DT. Both are on the edge of the Historic District, but within a few mins walk. I didnt stay at either the Hil or the DT, but checked them both out and prefeered the DT due to its being so close to the River area.

BTW the Hilton is on the same side of the River as the DT and HI on Bay st
Old May 4, 2007, 8:22 pm

Any more recent experiences with the ES here?

I have a wedding to attend and was considering this property but the TripAdvisor reviews are brutal, enough to scare me away unless someone here has had a positive experience.
Old May 5, 2007, 7:34 pm

I have stayed at the ES in Brunswick quite a few times. It is an average ES, it is clean and though it is in the mall it is in an area that is the most developed in the county. Most of the restaurant and other shopping spots are closeby. I believe you will be comfortable here and have no problems.
Old May 7, 2007, 4:17 pm

I would agree that the ES is adequate. Not very near the beach, but close to several good restaurants outparcels in the mall parking lot. Also the breakfast is good (and free) as well as a few drinks in the evening. BUT, if I were planning to spend most of my time in a vacation environment, I would go with the Hampton @ St Simons
Old Aug 13, 2007, 8:24 pm

Programs: PRG Amex , IHG Platinum Ambassador, Enterprise Plus, Hertz Gold
Savannah-Historic district

I will be visit Savannah's Historic District for a wedding with my wife in October and have four different Hilton properties to choose from. I am new to the Hilton hotel family and wondering which of these four hotels

1. Hampton Inn Savannah-Historic district
2. Hampton Inn and Suites Savannah Historic district
3. Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic district
4. Doubletree Hotel Historic Savannah

would you stay for the weekend? The rates are all about the same but where will I get the best value for my buck?

Thanks

Last edited by Marisaac; Aug 13, 2007 at 9:03 pm
Old Aug 13, 2007, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would not stay at Doubletree.

I cant remember whether the Hampton or HI&S is the closest to the river. The historic property near the river (about 2 blocks away-on Ablecorn???---Cant look, website is down) is a cool hotel
Old Aug 13, 2007, 11:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by mikey1003
I would not stay at Doubletree.
I'd second that. We had a one-night stay there in May. The room was ok, but we found the service to be somewhat substandard. Location is on the edge of the historic district on a busy street. The HGI and HI are also on the same street close to the DB. Didn't get a chance to look at the HI&S, but sounds like it might be in a better area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.