Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Montreal/Laval {CAN}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: ACE50k,HHSilver, BW Diamond, Marriott Gold, National EE, Accor, IHG, SPG, Choice, Hertz#1Gold
Went here in the beginning of august...

Lounge fully renovated. Lots of food choice at any time. Nespresso coffee machine, full fridge with nice beverage choice. Nice breakfast...

Got a room on the top floor ( like other posts, upgraded there as a diamond but no suite upgrade posssible). Really nice and renovated...

Staff was very friendly.
Old May 6, 2018, 10:27 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Good Hilton Option but not in Montreal Proper

Hilton Montreal Laval

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hilton Montreal Laval

2225 Autoroute des Laurentides Laval, QC CA H7S 1Z6

Good Hilton Option but not in Montreal Proper (7 Photos)

Hilton Montreal Laval

I have stayed at Sheraton Laval several times in the past, but this time I wanted to check out Hilton Laval for a short 1-night stay in order to compare with Sheraton.  The two properties are just across the highway from each other.  The Hilton was only a modest 1k points more than the Hampton Inn Laval and the cash difference was small as well so if you want to stay in a Hilton chain property in the area, I think the Hilton is a no brainer..  

Hilton’s options in Montreal are slim pickings in general relative to Starwood/Marriott.  This property is labeled Hilton Montreal/Laval but make no mistake, it’s in Laval.  Getting to Montreal downtown by public transportation is not that easy because you would have to walk to the bus station, then take the bus to the subway station in Laval, and then the subway to downtown.  It will take you one hour at least.  And if you driving during rush hour, you will face congestion all the way.  The location is good if you are only transiting by car because it’s besides the highway and has free parking, or if you have some business in Laval. I would also note that the location of the Sheraton is better than Hilton because it’s immediately next to a large shopping mall.  

Room

The room was obviously renovated recently and I think they did a good job.  The bathroom is nice with a shower rather than bathtub, and good water pressure. The bed was very comfortable and the room convenient with several power plugs and USB ports.  There is also a mini-fridge in the room.   No bathrobe however.  Similar to other posters in this thread, I was not upgraded at all.  However I would say that the standard room is larger and a bit nicer than the standard room at the nearby Sheraton.  The issue is that the Sheraton is very generous with suite upgrades for Platinums and Hilton is not generous with Diamonds, so personally I would rather have good odds of a suite upgrade at Sheraton rather than the standard room at Hilton.  But if you don’t have status with Starwood/Marriott then Hilton is a good choice. 

20180506_003144.jpg20180506_003230.jpg20180506_003258.jpg20180506_003322.jpg,

Dining

I did not like the location of the executive lounge on the ground floor, right next to the hotel entrance and reception. However inside the lounge I was pleasantly surprised.  The lounge is open 24/7 and I was glad to get fruits, snacks, and soft drinks when I arrived after midnight.  I missed happy hour so I cannot comment, but I saw the guest notes saying alcohol is not included, which is the same as Sheraton.  The layout of the lounge is excellent with far more tables than at Sheraton, and a home-y feeling inside with the fireplace and TVs.  I found the breakfast to be so-so however.

20180506_003601.jpg20180506_003626.jpg20180506_003700.jpg

Overall

Bottom line I recommend this hotel if you need to be in Laval, if want to burn Hilton points, and/or if you need to bump up your Hilton stays/nights.  But if you have dual top tier status, then I would recommend to go to Sheraton. 

Good Hilton Option but not in Montreal Proper

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Montreal Laval?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.