Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

UK Hilton Honors Platinum Visa change to joining offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK Hilton Honors Platinum Visa change to joining offer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2016, 3:10 am

Programs: BA Silver
How do I book a room using my Barclaycard Free Certificate?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 3:16 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MsCapricorn
How do I book a room using my Barclaycard Free Certificate?
Needs to be done over the phone, but you can check for standard award availability on the website before calling.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Needs to be done over the phone, but you can check for standard award availability on the website before calling.
Thanks. Been advised that I need to wait until tomorrow as it's a holiday in the US today
Old Nov 24, 2016, 3:55 am

Haha yes, Hilton - for all their worldwide network of hotels - don't have a great system for coping with being mainly US-based! Their website also shuts down for a few hours every Saturday night in the US, which makes it a pain if trying to book travel on a Sunday in the UK! They used to have a Glasgow call centre, not sure if they're still active or not - was it a US number you called or have you tried any of the UK ones? Their contact page offers the option to speak to a 'Hilton UK rep' via live chat, could be worth a shot? https://secure.hilton.com/en/hi/feedback/hrwfone.jhtml
Old Nov 24, 2016, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Haha yes, Hilton - for all their worldwide network of hotels - don't have a great system for coping with being mainly US-based! Their website also shuts down for a few hours every Saturday night in the US, which makes it a pain if trying to book travel on a Sunday in the UK! They used to have a Glasgow call centre, not sure if they're still active or not - was it a US number you called or have you tried any of the UK ones? Their contact page offers the option to speak to a 'Hilton UK rep' via live chat, could be worth a shot? https://secure.hilton.com/en/hi/feedback/hrwfone.jhtml
I've tried four times (UK and US) but because I don't have sufficient points in my account for them to "borrow" to make the booking they need to speak to the US
Old Nov 24, 2016, 4:12 am

Oh, damn - sounds like they've not worked out a way to just attach the certificate, that's how it always worked for me before.

Hope you get it all sorted post-Thanksgiving!
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
Does anyone have any recent experience for how long it takes the voucher to post? From reading the early posts in this thread it seems the voucher and points are sent out independently of one another. IME with the Barclaycard IHG Premium card, I had to wait for the voucher until that month's points had posted after statement date. It seems this is not the case with the Hilton Visa and the cert may appear at any point after triggering the £750?

One other point-does anyone have any recent experience booking a points stay and then converting to a free night cert booking once it arrives by email/in HH account? There seem to be some scattered reports from awhile back suggesting this was possible...

TIA
Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:27 pm

I found the cert just appeared in my HHonors account (it shows up in your transactions) and via an email within a week or so of passing the threshold. There are some suggestions they do a once-a-week or so sweep to check/issue.

I think it's certainly do-able, it just depends on whether you get a good agent or not! I think they are able to change the redemption certificate that is attached to the reservation and then redeposit the HHonors points. I've certainly managed to do it once.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 5:56 am

Ok thanks good to hear. Was worried if they only do a sweep and award certs once a month then I wouldn't get it in time.

Now to complicate things completely- would they be able to convert a reservation in say my dad's name, made using points from my account, to a free night cert reservation from his account. And correctly redeposit the points to my account.
In other words I'd like to secure the reward night booking while the hotel still have standard reward availability but ultimately would like to use the free cert that he will be earning on his account rather than points from mine?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:18 am

Just to report back...

Seems they do in fact do a once-a-week sweep. Applied on a Saturday, the following Monday had an email saying the account had been updated to Silver status and the following Monday (£750 target hit in the intervening week) had an email with certificate number etc and certificate showing in Recent Activity in Hilton account.

Impressive and couldn't be more different from my experience from the Barclaycard-issued IHG Premium Visa card.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Guys, Do I have to book or stay before the voucher expires? Thanks
Old May 29, 2017, 4:32 am
cjd

Originally Posted by umbyboy
I think you have to book and make the stay before the voucher expires.
Old May 29, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by umbyboy
I recently redeemed my voucher and asked the same. My expiry date was in Sept and I wanted to stay in October. It was a definite no. Stay must be completed before expiry date.
Old May 29, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by englisha
I recently redeemed my voucher and asked the same. My expiry date was in Sept and I wanted to stay in October. It was a definite no. Stay must be completed before expiry date.
I am in trouble then . It doesn't clearly say that anywhere. I guess it is my fault for assuming.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:54 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Honors Gold
This is the closet thing I could find to a general thread for the UK Hilton card so thought this would be the best place to close, even though it's a question about the gold status rather than the free night certificate.

I currently have Diamond status due to a match, but it will expire next year. I want to keep some status next year, so have spent £10k on the Hilton Barclaycard. How do they normally let you know they've applied the status, which will presumably expire 03/19 (so I'll drop from Diamond to Gold after 03/18)? I've never earned status via the credit card before and just want to make sure it's been applied to my account correctly. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.