Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Group Wedding Rate and Hilton Honors Points: The Definitive Thread

Old Jul 24, 01, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

has anyone had any experience that when they arranged to fave their event at H, and spend a lot of $, they would get HH points/miles?
Old Jul 24, 01, 10:19 pm

That is something you have to set up a contract with beforehand with the hotel. It will be in writing that you get X number of points and miles after the bill is paid for. Otherwise, you get your standard credit and miles for up to two rooms, if your name is on both bills.
Old Jul 31, 01, 4:04 pm

I'd be curious to hear if you have any luck with this. I am a diamond member and I'm having my wedding at an Embassy Suites in South Florida and brought this subject up to the hotel and there response to me was that I could have the points for my room only. Pretty disappointing considering I am giving this hotel well over $20,000 worth of business.
Old Jul 31, 01, 5:05 pm

TALK TO THE SALES MANAGER. THAT SHOULD GIVE YOU SOME LUCK. OTHERWISE, CALL THE CUSTOMER SERVICE # AND ASK FOR GUEST ASSISTANCE!
Old Aug 2, 01, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
You should get 1 point per $ spent in additional to what you get for your own room.
Old Aug 4, 01, 1:15 pm

I recently organised a press conference with catering at the British Colonial Nassau and was told that I would only get points for my room.
Old Aug 5, 01, 9:13 pm

A number of years ago, I planned our company holiday party at a Hilton and insisted that the charges for the catering be charged to my room, which I had booked just for the occasion. It was not a problem.
Old Aug 8, 01, 11:10 pm

daughter's wedding being held at a Hilton

Is it possible to get frequent flyer miles or HHonors points from my daughter's wedding being held at the Short Hills Hilton? There will also be many people staying overnight.
Old Aug 8, 01, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
you should call the hotel and talk to them about ' meeting planner' points
Old Sep 22, 02, 6:32 pm

HHonors points or status for wedding reception?

Hello everyone,

I am in the final stages of wedding reception planning and a Hilton hotel is on the short list of candidates for hosting the event.

I inquired about receiving HHonors points for doing the event there, but the manager said it couldn't happen and that I could only receive points for rooms booked with the hotel, not for the reception and banquet.

Anyone know if this varies from hotel to hotel? Also, I was thinking about asking Hilton to comp me status since I am spending a good bit of money with one of their hotels. I am only Gold right now, so it might be worth asking.

Any thoughts?
Old Sep 22, 02, 6:42 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Go to the Hilton Honors website (www.hhonors.com), click on terms and conditions on the bottom, and check out the sections on event planner and meeting planner, I believe that would count.

Old Sep 22, 02, 7:39 pm

U.S., Canada and Caribbean Event Planner Program

"HHonors members who hold qualifying events at participating HHonors hotels can earn one HHonors bonus point and one airline mile for every eligible U.S. dollar spent on guest rooms and meeting room rental."

"Event Planner bonus points and airline miles must be agreed in advance with the hotel and stipulated in the event contract."
Old Sep 22, 02, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
I think elsewhere it was said that if you rented at least 1 room, and charged everything to your room that you would get points for your charges, just like having a meal at a restaurant during your stay. It might be handy having a hotel room anyway. If your charge it on a Hilton AMEX, instead of 3 points for each $1 spent you get 5 points.

------------------
Ms.DtG
Old Jul 8, 04, 12:59 am

Should I receive points for stay at wedding rate?

Forgive me if this has been covered before, but a search for "wedding rate" largely came up with honeymoon tips.

I just stayed two nights at the Parsippany Hilton in New Jersey for my cousin's wedding. The stay is listed on my account online, but without any points. Booked directly with the hotel at the $89/night wedding rate, which appears on the folio and online as C-SFW (the bride's name begins with an S and the groom's with an F and I can probably guess what the W stands for), but it's not listed as a discount rate.

Was this not an HHonors eligible rate? Should I push for the 1,800 points?

[The HHonors Web site says eligible rates stays "are stays at all rates except wholesale/tour operator packages, contracted airline crew rates, complimentary or barter rooms, stays on NET Group, Series Group or IT Group rates, contracted Entertainment or Encore rates and stays using airline percent-off award certificates." I'm not sure what a NET Group, Series Group or IT Group rate is. Can anyone shed light on these?]

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 8, 04, 6:47 am

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
I have received credit in your scenario in the past.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: