Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Macao, Cotai Central (Conrad Macau) {MAC}

Conrad Macao, Cotai Central (Conrad Macau) {MAC}

Old Apr 12, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Redwoodw
There are rumours on flyertea that Sands (the hotel’s owner) is taking back the hotel from Hilton and will operate as Sands Hotels instead.
That would really suck!
Old Apr 12, 2018, 1:10 pm

There are rumours on flyertea that Sands (the hotel’s owner) is taking back the hotel from Hilton and will operate as Sands Hotels instead.
Nooooooooooo......
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
That would be sad indeed!

I rather enjoyed my stay there - have done up a review of the property. It's probably got more photos than optimal, but if anyone wants a more in-depth recent look at the property (stayed there around Christmas last year)...

A Very Asian Conrad Christmas: Conrad Macao Review - The MileLion

TLDR version: Very blingy (as opposed to classy), enjoyed it nonetheless. Didn't like restaurant breakfast (though the variety was pretty impressive); would recommend the lounge instead, if you have access.

TravelLawyer likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton

Oh no...I just made a reservation for September. If it does change, hope it happens next year.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
If you're going on a popular weekend you might struggle. But otherwise an impressively high % of rooms here are suites and the hotel has a great reputation for giving them, so an upgrade is likely. I've never heard of a suite upgrade being denied the lounge...
visit the hotel last year as gold during popular weekends and got the suite upgrade. guess that had plenty of rooms
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold OWE
For those who are interested, I stayed at the property last week and asked them about this. I was told that the Conrad is safe for the next 2 years at least; it is the Holiday Inn which will be rebranded as the "Londoner" hotel in the near future. This is not dissimilar to how the Hard Rock Hotel opposite was rebranded as the "Countdown" hotel a few years after opening. Use the international brands in the initial phase then take over with local management after the lock-in period is over.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by toplayer
For those who are interested, I stayed at the property last week and asked them about this. I was told that the Conrad is safe for the next 2 years at least; it is the Holiday Inn which will be rebranded as the "Londoner" hotel in the near future. This is not dissimilar to how the Hard Rock Hotel opposite was rebranded as the "Countdown" hotel a few years after opening. Use the international brands in the initial phase then take over with local management after the lock-in period is over.
That is good news. 2 years would be nice. As soon as the hotel taken over by local management I would loose my appetite to visit.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:35 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by toplayer
Yes this was the information I received in September as well.

On a side note, I thought the evening appetizers selection went down a bit. Dim sum at breakfast is always top notch. They told me all dim sum is made in house which I hope was always the case.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:19 pm
Suspended

Diamond member and thinking about staying here for 1 night during my upcoming trip to HK. Pretty good rates for a Sunday night check-in.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Great property, probably one of my favourite Conrad's. Was just there for 2 nights January 1-3.
kapooncha likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by craig44485
Great property, probably one of my favourite Conrad's. Was just there for 2 nights January 1-3.
How busy is it around this time of year? We were thinking about planning a trip for New Year's but didn't want to walk into an oversold situation.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA SIlver, Virgin Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by kapooncha
Diamond member and thinking about staying here for 1 night during my upcoming trip to HK. Pretty good rates for a Sunday night check-in.
I stay here quite a bit from HK - DIamond treatment is usually pretty good - I normally get a Premier Suite upgrade, but not always. The exec lounge is really really good and the service is excellent. The views of the Parisian/the Strip from rooms are great too.

The two things I really don't like about this hotel are the swimming pools (they are really poor compared to the Galaxy resort hotels) and the lack of Conrad restaurant for breakfast (obvs not an issue for Diamonds).

Best hotel on the strip for me is Banyan Tree - incredible rooms, amazing pool, great restaurants.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by anonymous_third_party
I stay here quite a bit from HK - DIamond treatment is usually pretty good - I normally get a Premier Suite upgrade, but not always. The exec lounge is really really good and the service is excellent. The views of the Parisian/the Strip from rooms are great too.

The two things I really don't like about this hotel are the swimming pools (they are really poor compared to the Galaxy resort hotels) and the lack of Conrad restaurant for breakfast (obvs not an issue for Diamonds).

Best hotel on the strip for me is Banyan Tree - incredible rooms, amazing pool, great restaurants.
Banyon Tree hotels are always above my budget. More than 2x the Conrad Macau, just very hard to justify $350 for 1 night in Macau.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
How does Conrad compare to Grand Hyatt? Hyatt is much cheaper on the same dates for basic room. In Conrad I would expect upgrade as Gold and in Hyatt I would book the room I want, as I don't have status there. What I'm interested is: views, grand bathroom possibly with the view, good breakfast/lounge, swimming pool. I will be staying for 2 days and alone, so size of the room doesn't matter but from what I noticed all of them are big anyway.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: BA SIlver, Virgin Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
How does Conrad compare to Grand Hyatt? Hyatt is much cheaper on the same dates for basic room. In Conrad I would expect upgrade as Gold and in Hyatt I would book the room I want, as I don't have status there. What I'm interested is: views, grand bathroom possibly with the view, good breakfast/lounge, swimming pool. I will be staying for 2 days and alone, so size of the room doesn't matter but from what I noticed all of them are big anyway.
The Conrad's pools are pretty rubbish (small - only one is heated) - The Hyatt has a heated pool that's much much bigger - so if you plan to relax by the pool or swim - Hyatt is much better.

I can't comment on views from Hyatt - but I think it will have great views as it's in City of Dreams - so v near Conrad. CoD has some incred restaurants too, so you won't have to walk very far - the Tasting Rooms is really suberb and well worth a reservation for lunch - great value.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.