Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Macao, Cotai Central (Conrad Macau) {MAC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Macao, Cotai Central (Conrad Macau) {MAC}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Thank you. I accidentally spelled the email incorrectly which would explain the no response. I was able to get a response quickly once I emailed the right address.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:02 am

Going back to this hotel in 2 weeks. My last stay was 1.5 years ago. Did any of you tip the person taking you up to your room and showing you around? And is it necessary to tip?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kylekyle
Going back to this hotel in 2 weeks. My last stay was 1.5 years ago. Did any of you tip the person taking you up to your room and showing you around? And is it necessary to tip?
When I was there I didn't tip any staff that brought me up to the room. I did leave tips for the housekeeping team but it wasn't touched even when I left a note saying the tip is for the housekeeping team.

Service standards were still very good.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by RCTP
When I was there I didn't tip any staff that brought me up to the room. I did leave tips for the housekeeping team but it wasn't touched even when I left a note saying the tip is for the housekeeping team.

Service standards were still very good.
Thanks. I think you'll find that in Asia, unlike the US, housekeeping is not allowed to touch any cash left in the room.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by kylekyle
Thanks. I think you'll find that in Asia, unlike the US, housekeeping is not allowed to touch any cash left in the room.
This is a "bold" statement, and contractict my experience in many aisa hotel chains or boutique hotels. I, too, did experience some hotels didnt take tip (including in US, ie disney swan orlando; Terranea in CA) when placed on desk. Once I learned to place tip on pillow, I have higher success rate of "being taken". In Japan, I just placed the tip on my last day out, and hope they didnt call the police.

On a side note, we stayed for 2 nights (1 paid and 1 standard award) in Nov 2017, upgraded to junior suite. And we recive little bear each night during turn down service. And the tip (20 HKD each night) has been "welcomed" by the housekeeping staff.
rtool likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Fly2Where
This is a "bold" statement, and contractict my experience in many aisa hotel chains or boutique hotels. I, too, did experience some hotels didnt take tip (including in US, ie disney swan orlando; Terranea in CA) when placed on desk. Once I learned to place tip on pillow, I have higher success rate of "being taken". In Japan, I just placed the tip on my last day out, and hope they didnt call the police.

On a side note, we stayed for 2 nights (1 paid and 1 standard award) in Nov 2017, upgraded to junior suite. And we recive little bear each night during turn down service. And the tip (20 HKD each night) has been "welcomed" by the housekeeping staff.
I think if I actually see the housekeeping staff in HKG cleaning my room, I would tip, otherwise no. Japan is where I would never tip and that's different to New Zealand where a tip is not expected. So different rules for different places.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
Just did 3 nights at Conrad Macao. My tip on the pillow was taken every day....only got the Conrad Bear on first night.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I was going to pop over to HKG / Macau to see the new year's fireworks, but Conrad HKG has priced their point stays out of "standard" room awards.

Anyone have experience with seeing the day-before fireworks in Macau, or if they're visible from the hotel? I've never been, don't have a handle on the location of the hotel to House of Dancing Waters, fireworks, Portuguese ruins, etc...
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
I was going to pop over to HKG / Macau to see the new year's fireworks, but Conrad HKG has priced their point stays out of "standard" room awards.

Anyone have experience with seeing the day-before fireworks in Macau, or if they're visible from the hotel? I've never been, don't have a handle on the location of the hotel to House of Dancing Waters, fireworks, Portuguese ruins, etc...
I can't speak to the fireworks, but the House of Dancing Waters is a 10 minute walk from the Conrad. Ruins require a 10-15 minute taxi or uber ride depending on traffic.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Looks like this hotel has snuck in a bit of a devaluation. Looks to me like standard awards now cost 50,000 points at weekends, and 40,000 midweek.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I just visited this property last week.

It's a really nice property.

The lounge is really nice and not busy, unlike most club lounges in Asia. The evening "canapes" can be your dinner, they had American style BBQ pork ribs the night I was there.

Breakfast in the lounge was really good. Was also offered the option to take breakfast downstairs in the main restaurant.

One tip: if you are coming from the airport, the free shuttle to Sands Cotai Central (Conrad and Holiday Inn) is the pink shuttle for the Parisian hotel. It stops first at Cotai Central and then goes to Parisian. I was confused because I was looking for a shuttle bus labeled Conrad or Cotai Central and didn't see it. To make matters more confusing, while standing in the bus park waiting for the shuttle, I could see pale green buses going to the departure area of the airport that were, in fact labeled Conrad and Cotai Central on the side of the shuttle, so I thought I was waiting in the wrong place when those pale green buses never came to where I was standing.

Those green buses are for something else, maybe ferry terminal to airport runs. Staff told me to get on the pink Parisian bus and that's when I saw that the electric readerboard above the windshield did say "Cotai Central."

Oh, I almost forgot. As a diamond member I was upgraded to a 104 sqm King Deluxe suite with a view of the Venetian. Very nice.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
I am going to Macao in July and cannot decide between the Conrad and the JW Marriott. The biggest sticking point for me is that I will get the lounge access at the Marriott owing to my Gold status, but I am unsure if I will get it at the Conrad as I am about to drop from Diamond to Gold. Can anyone confirm how likely it is that I will get access as a Gold?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
I am going to Macao in July and cannot decide between the Conrad and the JW Marriott. The biggest sticking point for me is that I will get the lounge access at the Marriott owing to my Gold status, but I am unsure if I will get it at the Conrad as I am about to drop from Diamond to Gold. Can anyone confirm how likely it is that I will get access as a Gold?
I am a gold member and got lounge access and a room upgrade (as well as top-notch service and a personalized letter thanking me for being gold) in early December. However I went during a downtime and on a weekday so capacity was probably at a minimum. Would recommend staying over a weekday if you can.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
If you're going on a popular weekend you might struggle. But otherwise an impressively high % of rooms here are suites and the hotel has a great reputation for giving them, so an upgrade is likely. I've never heard of a suite upgrade being denied the lounge...
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:53 am

There are rumours on flyertea that Sands (the hotel’s owner) is taking back the hotel from Hilton and will operate as Sands Hotels instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.