Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Chicago - O'Hare/Rosemont {US-IL}

Embassy Suites Chicago - O'Hare/Rosemont {US-IL}

Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I stayed at the ES in Scottsdale in March (first one in probably 15+ years) and it worked out great for our needs. The room was modern, spacious and clean. The property was some other brand property prior so it's not a typical ES property. Although the room we ended up in was close to the main entrance to the lobby and on a busy street, we were on the 4th floor and even being a light sleeper I barely heard any noise. The breakfast was awesome and we were there playing golf so we would grab lunch after playing early to mid afternoon, then enjoyed the evening reception. Nice relaxing property. They do have valet parking which we used, but we did self park a couple times. I'll consider ES for future trips but I tend to prefer HGI's for the consistency and solid breakfast.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by Bartolo
Agree with above. Consistency is an issue. Some of the newer properties (or more recently renovated) have quite small rooms that aren’t true suites. That being said, ES Saratoga Springs NY is outstanding. Destiny (NY) not so much. Both are newish, particularly the latter.
I've stayed at the Destiny location a few times now and have always had a good stay, even during a recent weekend stay when Taste of Syracuse was going on downtown. No, it's not 100% true suites, but despite all the families and sports teams staying, I was hardly disturbed. Plus, it's 1000x better than the old ES in Syracuse... that place is a dump.

Originally Posted by arlflyer
As opposed to Hilton, Conrad, WA, DT, Hampton, and all the other brands that are super consistent in their facilities, service, relative price points, and delivery of elite benefits...
Compared to ES, I would say Hilton and DT, at least in the US and Canada, are far more consistent. Sure, there are tons of older properties with small rooms, but generally the ones that have been renovated are pretty comfortable. They're certainly less prone to being overrun with sports teams and families.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:31 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
We are actually almost never stay in Embassy suites located in tourist destinations

We are actually almost never stay in Embassy suites located in tourist destinations. As others have mentioned, families with kids tend to swarm them during the summer and most holidays and amenities like a pool or the breakfast room are almost unusable.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Interesting comments all around. Thx so much I appreciate it !!

The famIly/kids/sports team thing is a common experience at HIX as well. It's only really gotten out of hand three times in my experience of some 6-700 nights though. A polite, but tersely worded email to the hotel GM, owner, and corporate, always results in a dramatic turn of events in our favor the very next morning.

And no, I'll do a half dozen or so stays before I go all in.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
My favorite ES is the one in Louisville downtown. The rooms have huge bathroom and very tall ceiling. Also very close to some nice restaurants.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond for life, Bonvoy Titanium for Life, Delta Million Miler, Delta Platinum
We frequently stay at Embassy Suites Saratoga Springs. It is a truly superb product. I can not recommend it enough!

i have stayed at others that are quite disappointing
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by Catskilltraveller
We frequently stay at Embassy Suites Saratoga Springs. It is a truly superb product. I can not recommend it enough!

i have stayed at others that are quite disappointing
Shush... I want to be able to get a reasonably priced room there in future.
Thysk likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by TuxTom
Compared to ES, I would say Hilton and DT, at least in the US and Canada, are far more consistent.
Um...no. Read the threads, thousands of posts long, about differences in breakfast, lounges, elite benefits, parking, renovation status, etc. You have downtown hotels, resort hotels, conference hotels, airport hotels, office park hotels, beach hotels...the variation is a mile across and a mile deep. With an ES you're almost always getting an atrium, a suite, chips and salsa at 4 PM or whatever, hot breakfast, and a bunch of families running around screaming. Luxurious? No. Consistent? Yes.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by TuxTom
I would say Hilton and DT, at least in the US and Canada, are far more consistent.
OT for this thread, but Doubletree is the least consistent, most haywire and unpredictable, of all Hilton brands. It is literally a grab bag of Hilton-doesn't-know-what-else-to-do-with-it properties: converted, acquired, deflagged by competitors, etc. The DT Tower of London is modern and comfortable, spacious and lovely; the DT (insert US airport) might be a threadbare, neglected, ill-lit, cracked-paint '70s relic. Inconsistency might as well be a literal Doubletree brand pillar. At least ES have predictable room layout.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BearX220
OT for this thread, but Doubletree is the least consistent, most haywire and unpredictable, of all Hilton brands. It is literally a grab bag of Hilton-doesn't-know-what-else-to-do-with-it properties: converted, acquired, deflagged by competitors, etc. The DT Tower of London is modern and comfortable, spacious and lovely; the DT (insert US airport) might be a threadbare, neglected, ill-lit, cracked-paint '70s relic. Inconsistency might as well be a literal Doubletree brand pillar. At least ES have predictable room layout.
I agree, Doubletree is by far the most inconsistent of the Hilton brand Massive range in quality and layout. The only thing that is consistent is you get a chocolate chip cookie and the bed/bedding is typically the same. Breakfast benefits vary greatly, although I think Diamonds get a greater percentage of full breakfast buffet than with the other full service Hiltons et al.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Not sure the “predictable room layout” comment is accurate. Stayed at ES Destiny and was very surprised at how small the room was. I would say the bathrooms in newer properties I’ve been in are a good size (shower only). Newer properties seem to have a variety of layouts quite different than the more traditional plan I was used to (bedroom, living room etc). I wish they would have more colour in the rooms. The dark muted tones can be depressing.

The mess some people make at breakfast never ceases to amaze me.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:56 am

ES is attractive to traveling youth sports teams because they can bunk four to a room. I don't know how many ES properties I've shared with mobs of 12-year-old hockey players roaming the halls, yelling through the atrium, and upending / trashing the breakfast spread. I will book just about any other Hilton brand ahead of ES for this reason.
Oh dear.. I'm having flashbacks. I practically lived in the ES in Marlborough, MA for a good while and my personal policy was to move out on weekends. I didn't care where I went, just not there. It's 2 miles or so from the New England Sports Complex hockey center. I always stayed over on the east side of the hotel, no atrium, and it was quiet during the week. Once those kids arrive... NO QUIET AREA. lol
BearX220 likes this.

Last edited by MissJ; Jul 3, 2019 at 8:22 am
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I've stayed at many ES properties and while I understand the concern of consistency, I don't find it to be any worse than any other brand in the Hilton portfolio. Even at Hilton branded properties, the experience varies widely depending on the hotel, much more so than you would expect at a Marriott or even a Hyatt. The worst offender though by far is DoubleTree.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
I have found if you dislike smoking hotels stay away from ES as some still allow smoking. I have found Hilton and DT have pretty much gone smoke free. If you are Gold then I have found Hilton and DT to have a more enjoyable breakfast buffet and not the mass produced and crowded breakfast area like you find at Embassy.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Any hotel of any chain can be "different" (in a bad way or a good way) from the "normal" hotel in the chain. I suggest reading FT or other websites for specific reviews. I've stayed in really nice ES hotels and some really run-down, ES hotels. In addition, you need to watch out for families with children. I remember a holiday weekend in DC was literally a zoo (no room to eat breakfast, parents letting kids run wild).

So, I would suggest that the OP real the reviews before blindly staying at an ES. Make sure that the recent reviews reflect what you want out of a hotel and go forit!
craig44485 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.