Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Properties Which Do Not Participate in the Hilton Honors Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
All Hampton by Hilton hotels in the People’s Republic of China are currently excluded from the Hilton Honors program, which include Chengdu, Guangzhou, Jilin, Lanzhou, Sanya and Wuhan.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2001, 5:01 am
Original Poster

More and more I seem to be seeing that Hiltons and Doubletrees say that they have elected to not participate in upgrading golds and diamonds.
Some seem to arbitrarily choose a "too full" excuse ,even when upgrades are available. On the whole, the only reason I generally choose HH over Starwood is the upgrade.I wonder if this is some new hotel "tactic" to minimalize the increased number of golds?

[This message has been edited by jabez (edited 07-19-2001).]
Old Jul 17, 2001, 6:01 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
NO, they all participate, they just don't know the rules...

Carry them with you in case you need them...

http://www.hilton.com/en/hhonors/benefits/levels.jhtml
Old Jul 17, 2001, 7:03 am
Original Poster

I realize that many do not know thw rules, but I have run into hotels that set up special HH floors (non-executive level),say they are too full (when they still have unbooked exec. level rooms available, and even say that they don't "participate".
While I don't believe that it's a corp. policy, I wonder if hotel mgrs. are trying to find ways "around" the rules.
Old Jul 17, 2001, 11:06 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Has this issue occured to diamonds as well as golds. Perhaps the hotels are 'pissed' at Hilton for giving out so many golds. I have even been upgraded on Priceline stays.

Cross my fingers as I leave for two more hiliton stays
Old Jul 17, 2001, 11:23 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jan_az:
Has this issue occured to diamonds as well as golds. Perhaps the hotels are 'pissed' at Hilton for giving out so many golds. I have even been upgraded on Priceline stays.

Cross my fingers as I leave for two more hiliton stays
</font>
As a diamond, I've never had a problem (as of yet). Perhaps my luck.
Old Jul 17, 2001, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
You are still subject to space availabilty; this can be a real problem at the Waldorf (will deny diamonds access to lounge), NY Hilton, Frankfurt, and Palmer House to name a few I've been 'demoted' at in the last year
Old Jul 17, 2001, 6:44 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Adam Burke:
MiamiFlyer et al -- Thanks for letting us know about these specific issues. In each of the instances you've raised, we've followed up directly with the hotel to ensure that they're properly honoring program benefits moving forward. Please accept my apologies for the difficulties.

Just to clarify -- it is NOT at the discretion of an individual hotel whether to honor program benefits. These are program standards for all HHonors hotels and we want to hear from you if you fail to receive those benefits.

Best regards,

Adam
</font>
Old Jul 19, 2001, 5:24 am
Original Poster

I appreciate Adam's response,but the "rules" are either not being followed or they are being stretched to not accomodate in many markets. While I am sure many top tiered HH's have no problem,I and many others do. These problems are seeming increasing.As a gold (will probably moe up in Oct.)HHand and a SPG I am starting to sway towards SPG. At least using your points with them is much easier.

[This message has been edited by jabez (edited 07-19-2001).]
Old Jul 22, 2001, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Chix
Please read the thread re. the Monterey Hilton. What does this say about Adam's response?
Old Jul 22, 2001, 7:33 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jabez:
Chix
Please read the thread re. the Monterey Hilton. What does this say about Adam's response?
</font>
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Adam Burke:
MiamiFlyer et al -- Thanks for letting us know about these specific issues. In each of the instances you've raised, we've followed up directly with the hotel to ensure that they're properly honoring program benefits moving forward. Please accept my apologies for the difficulties.

Just to clarify -- it is NOT at the discretion of an individual hotel whether to honor program benefits. These are program standards for all HHonors hotels and we want to hear from you if you fail to receive those benefits.

Best regards,

Adam
</font>
Basically it says that HHonors/Adam will give you points/miles after the fact (fax your bill).

After all, the hotel is still listed on the DT web site:

http://www.doubletree.com/en/dt/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=Y05Q2WWX12Q 11J31AOQ2KEQ?ctyhocn=MRYADDT

So basically, if you carry the benefit sheet below, depending on how much you want to press it, you should get your breakfast coupons, upgrade, etc. I have had hotels refuse many times.... However, after politely presenting the benefits page, management always overrides the front desk clerks.

http://www.hilton.com/en/hhonors/benefits/levels.jhtml

I realize that you are all saying that this hotel is transitioning to no longer be a Doubletree... However, I believe what Adam is saying is that until they take the sign down, you will get credit, just after the fact.

Again, it's up to the individual on how much you want to push the issue.

Hopefully the hotel will change names and be removed from the HH web site soon to avoid all this confusion... But until that happens, Adam is saying we'll take care of you, just bring it to our attention.

[This message has been edited by chix (edited 07-22-2001).]
Old Jul 22, 2001, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

I may be crazy, but doesn't there seem to be a lot of posts on this forum about this problem? Not just about a transitioning property? My point is that many hotels are skirting the rules,some by omission and others intentionally. I should not have to make fax after fax. I should not have to be forceful nor argumentative as I check in. If these post are any indication ,Hilton needs to be proactive in this area.
Old Jul 22, 2001, 3:52 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jabez:
I may be crazy, but doesn't there seem to be a lot of posts on this forum about this problem? Not just about a transitioning property? My point is that many hotels are skirting the rules,some by omission and others intentionally. I should not have to make fax after fax. I should not have to be forceful nor argumentative as I check in. If these post are any indication ,Hilton needs to be proactive in this area.</font>
You might consider a different hotel program, perhaps Comfort Inn will work for you. LaQuinta might be a good bet.

[This message has been edited by hedoman (edited 07-22-2001).]
Old Jul 22, 2001, 4:21 pm

The problem with this is not with Hilton really, cus alot of these properties are privately owned, and these owners have no clue as to the Hilton world. However, i do think that we need to let Hilton know about these properties and either force them to join or just drop the brand name...

------------------
Al
Old Jul 23, 2001, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Hedoman
I am a gold with Starwood and Hilton. My consideration of what chain I go with should include their benefits.If that wasn't true of others on this forum, we might as well call this the "I love my hotel" forum. Again, take the time and look over the vast number of problems in HH getting hotels to comply with the rules. Do you see a common thread? Your response is probably the same response that some of these hotel owners have about all elite HH travellers.
Old Jul 23, 2001, 7:56 am

Greetings to all fellow HH members. I have 120 nights at Hilton this year, and a total of approximately 900,000 HH points. I am a Diamond at Hilton and a shareholder in the Hilton Corporation. My concern may be slightly different than those expressed on this thread, however I am having a hard time understanding the benefits of being a HH Diamond. As a frequent traveller I enjoy earning and maximizing my point balance. I have very low expectations levels regarding the service I am to receive, so I am not all that disappointed with the low quality of service. I am however very disappointed in the lack of understanding of the HH program by hotel personnel. My Diamond doesn't seem to do too much for me other than earn extra points - which is the primary reason for my choice of hotel and lodging. Thanks for the opportunity to add my thoughts. I have learned much from all of your comments. Hopefully the HH service and recognition at Hitlon will improve as we continue to provide contructive advice to hotel management and and corporate officers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.