Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

50,000 Hilton Honors Points Promotion: 2001

Old Apr 23, 01, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Updated on Aug 2, 2001
Code : EWRDC ( E Rewards Gold Challenge )
Offer Starts : April 1,2001
Offer Expires: Expired according to the original date but code still valid for signup ???

Along with the instant Gold VIP, you are enrolled in a 50K bonus challenge.
To complete the challenge, you need to have 4 stays within 90 days of enrollment.
Stays are posted retroactive from April 1.

Stays at all HHonors hotels are counted.

For Blue & Silver Members: Instant Gold VIP + enrollment to 50K challenge.
For Diamond members: Enrollment to 50K challenge.

Points posted as :-
1st Stay : 5K
2nd Stay : 10K
3rd Stay : 15K
4th Stay : 20K
http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/enroll/...d.asp?id=ewrd1

[This message has been edited by Bourne (edited 08-02-2001).]
Old Apr 23, 01, 9:26 am

and what about for people who are gold already? Can we also get the bonus points?

sorry...but I just wanted to make sure

thanks
Old Apr 23, 01, 9:45 am
DOC 2 BE

Bourne --

Thanx!

As you can see, Sofwedog was unaware of it, as well!

Sofwedog --

It appears that we CAN take advantage of it! TravelManKen reported that it was good for BOTH Diamonds AND Golds!

We can await others who post to this thread, but in the interim, I suggest that you go to the thread re obatining a new Gold Card, as this new promo was buried in that thread about 1/2 way down!

I am sure that there are others like you an me who were unaware of this promo!

Thanx Bourne and TravelManKen, as well as all the other contribitors to that thread who brought this to light!

[This message has been edited by DOC 2 BE (edited 04-23-2001).]

Old Apr 23, 01, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, RC PLT, SPG PLT
Just got off the phone with HH and got some additional information (pardon if this has already been said)

1st stay w/i 90 day period - 5,000 pts
2nd stay w/i 90 day period - 10,000 pts
3rd stay w/i 90 day period - 15,000 pts
4th stay w/i 90 day period - 20,000 pts

For a grand total of 50k. So, looks like even if you don't complete all 4 stays you still get bonus points.

Hope this is helpful.

Luke
Old Apr 23, 01, 10:07 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
I just got off the phone with HHonors where I was able to sign up for the EWRDC bonus points program even though I am already a GOLD HHonors member.

50,000 bonus points after 4 stays

The HHonors agent who signed me up didn't seem to be so sure of himself regarding EWRDC, but supposedly I am now signed up. I'll probably check again later today to make sure that I am really signed up.
Old Apr 23, 01, 11:52 am

Are there any catches to this new promotion to current Gold Card members? Do prior "stays" within the past two weeks count?
Old Apr 23, 01, 12:26 pm

Location: Austin. DL Plat; WN A-List; Marriott Titanium; IHG Spire
I called and signed up. The operator told me that the entry of the code caused me to revert to Gold (I'm actually Diamond). She confirmed that I would get the bonus points commencing with my next stay. A check of the website after I hung up confirmed that I now appear as gold.

I am going to leave it that way for the duration of the promotion, get my 50M points, and then call HHonors to have them correct my status. Anybody else have an alternate fix?

Mike
Old Apr 23, 01, 1:11 pm

Programs: Advantage Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, National Executive
I participated in the Hilton 50000 points offer and recieved them quite timely. It was too easy, lol. Happy travels.
Old Apr 23, 01, 1:34 pm

Location: Hailer, Hessen, Germany, Delta Sky Miles SM, HHonors Gold
As much as I This whole promo is so strange. I called without a code regarding to en email from e-rewards and was upgraded right away. My wife called an hour later and needed a code. We took the BT2YM for 4 stays w/i 90 days for gold VIP. Today I called for my best friend and asked the csr what was going on, complaining that my friend allready has been upgraded without the four stays. She was such a nice woman and told me, that several DIFFERENT promotions were send out. So I suggest, try without any code. If it doesn´t work, call again and use the BT2YM code.

BTW: there is another code EWRDS going around. As much as I know, it gives you Silver VIP after TWO stays w/i 90 days.

Have fun
Thomas

[This message has been edited by servus73 (edited 04-26-2001).]
Old Apr 23, 01, 1:46 pm

Location: Austin, TX - AA ExPlat (1.4MM); Hyatt Plat; Hilton Dia; SPG Plat; National ExecElite, Hertz 5*
Can anyone confirm that you need to pay for each stay with a Diners Club card to receive the bonus?
Old Apr 23, 01, 2:22 pm

Indeed, this link has no mention of Diners Club:
http://www.e-rewards.com/pro/pro.asp?FT=BPJPBZX681DR0

Can anyone confirm?

Old Apr 23, 01, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally posted by Mikey likes it:
I called and signed up. The operator told me that the entry of the code caused me to revert to Gold (I'm actually Diamond). She confirmed that I would get the bonus points commencing with my next stay. A check of the website after I hung up confirmed that I now appear as gold.

I am going to leave it that way for the duration of the promotion, get my 50M points, and then call HHonors to have them correct my status. Anybody else have an alternate fix?

Mike
Can anyone else confirm that a Diamond member would revert to gold?

For the other recent fast track promos, I was warned the same thing but that never happened.

I did after all get to take advantage of the 50k and keep the diamond status the entire time...

Old Apr 23, 01, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Called up and confirmed.

The promo is not dependent on Diners Card payments.

Old Apr 23, 01, 2:54 pm
DOC 2 BE

Originally posted by Bourne:
Called up and confirmed.

The promo is not dependent on Diners Card payments.

Thanx Bourne and Tulane!

For those of you who would like to know this is taken directly from the webpage referenced by Tulane:

"If you're already an HHonors member and would like to take advantage of this offer, call 1-800-548-8690 and mention the promotion code EWRDC.

Hurry! You must enroll by June 1, 2001."

Let's earn some More points!

By the way, this AGAIN beats Hyatt's/Starwood's/ and certainly Marriott's summer promotions!

Old Apr 23, 01, 3:45 pm

Can you double dip on this one? I mean getting points from both the Diners 50K promo and from E-rewards 50K promo for the same stays?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: