Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2009, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by danville 1K
You make it sound like the power plant is right next to the hotel. Reality is the plant is 2 miles south of Beach Boulevard, about 2.5 miles from the hotel.
Google maps puts the plant at 1.04 miles from the hotel and 0.57 miles from Beach Blvd. True it is a ways down the beach, but its pretty prominent as far as the view to the south goes.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 6:34 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Asked if there was a concierge lounge and was told that they hadn't had one for several years.
They closed it? Oh darn, I really liked that lounge.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 9:21 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
Waterfront Hilton Huntington Beach parking?

New here at FT -- We are staying at the Waterfront Hilton in Huntington Beach this weekend (2/27-3/1) with the in-laws. Is there any way to avoid the high valet parking rate? DH does not mind walking a bit if he can save some cash. Any overnight public parking nearby? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Hilton Waterfront parking

I stayed at the property about three years ago. My remembrance is there isn't much in the general vicinity for parking.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 7:23 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Gold
Room size

Looking at E check in at this Resort with my family - there is an offer of a Deluxe Oceanview 2 DBLs - a room type not seen on the Website (and the front desk had no idea). If any FTers have recent stays - Is this room the same as a Sunset Oceanview 2 DBLS?
Old Aug 28, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards
Bump. Any recent diamond stays please? Thank you
Old Aug 28, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
My last stay was a year ago during Labor Day weekend and nothing to exciting by way of Diamond benefits, granted I was on points. Anyway, they put me up in an ocean view room on one of the higher floors and gave me a free continental breakfast coupon for use the next morning. Other then a small but nicely appointed room, nothing to write home about. No lounge, no fun upgrades to deluxe ocean front rooms or suites (even though it was mentioned in the notes it was my girlfriends birthday) but it was an upgrade from the garden view room I had booked with points.

Staff is nice but valet parking is $$$.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 2:37 am

Programs: Hh Diamond, AS MVPG 75k
Hhonors stay

My family and I just wrapped up a 3-night stay at The Waterfront Beach Resort. I booked a reward (points only) stay for the standard garden view room and was pleasantly upgraded to the amazing Twin Dolphins Suite on the 12th floor. I can't say enough good things about this property.

Arrival and check-in was very straightforward and simple (as it should be). The staff were very helpful and friendly. We arrived early in the day and everyone at the front desk was scrambling to see who could be first to hold our bags at the bell captain's desk while housekeeping readied the room.

The room was over the top. I was not expecting such nice accommodations and neither was my family. We truly experienced the "wow factor" and never stopped commenting on the amazing space through out the stay. This suite has three ocean view balconies, a separate entry for bedroom and living quarters, wet bar, fridge, and a seldom viewed (nearly absurd) 52" flat screen TV.

The pool was pristine and the view of the beach and ocean from the deck is stunning. We especially enjoyed the poolside drinks and peace and quiet while we soaked in a little sun.

The Hhonors continental breakfast was very nice with many choices. The fresh fruit was especially well done. I don't know why the idea of ripe melon and berries prepared well is so challenging for so many kitchens across the country, but the Waterfront Resort consistently nailed it each morning. If you ever wanted more than fruit, cereal, oatmeal, granola, breads and pastries, milk, juice, yogurt, etc. then you could apply the Hhonors breakfast voucher as a $14 credit toward the hot American breakfast buffet or any menu item(s). I should also mention that although I am only entitled to free breakfast for myself and one guest, there were enough vouchers included in my welcome packet for everyone in my family for each morning of our stay and I didn't even ask.

The Surf Hero shop on-site was well-run and the staff were friendly. It seemed like they had diverse offerings of souvenir gifts as well as snack items. The little shop is a nice place to grab great coffee before the restaurant opens.

Parking is valet only and I never had any problem getting my car immediately and I never called ahead for it. Parking is $24 for overnight plus tip. While this is certainly not inexpensive, it is not out of scale for resort parking. I knew ahead of time about this additional expense and wasn't surprised paying for the extra service.

This really is a great property and we will definitely stay here again. The resort is located right on Pacific Coast Hwy two blocks from Huntington Beach Main Street. We used this as our base for visiting Disneyland, a short 20-minute drive even with rush hour traffic. It was also convenient for a day trip to San Diego with the Santa Ana Amtrak station only 15-minutes away.

We had a great experience here and always felt comfortable and welcome. I am already planning a return trip! ^
Old Dec 31, 2010, 4:19 pm

Programs: Delta 1M, SM Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I just wanted to drop my comments in here before I forget...

Had my second stay of 2010 in this property in late December. The first stay was in August with Mrs. KGBREB and KGB (age 6) and REB (age 3). It was wonderful. Great staff, excellent (extremely warm) pool, and good activities for the kids. Nice breakfast at the restaurant for all four for free with the coupons recieved at check-in. Stay was on free night certs, and was upgraded to ocean/pool view room (was Gold at the time).

Stayed again last week with just KGB. Same quality service, pool still nice (even though it wasn't as warm b/c the weather wasn't quite like August). Upgraded room and breakfast certs, again stayed on points.

Additionally, I forgot to bring my printed out free night certificate as required. Front desk said no problem, just email it when you get the chance. I sent the email when I got home and got a nice personal reply from the front desk manager.

I'll be back again with the family in 2011 (hopefully twice). Perfect set-up for us. Hang out at the pool, walkable in to town for dinner. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. No lounge, but the breakfast in the restaurant is great - esp. because you get $14 or something which is plenty to order something off the menu.

I'd highly reccommend this property.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 8:33 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite
Just returned from a 2 night award stay and the hotel is great as previously mentioned.

I am a GLD now, but didn't receive much of any benefits. Thought it was because I was on an award stay, but it seems others have gotten benefits before...not sure why the inconsistency.

I got a regular decent pool view room, but no breakfast certs or upgrades or anything at all...I'm very sad now

The concierge was a bit lame as well...she didn't even fulfill my request...I had to do it myself...what kind of service is that?
Old Jan 1, 2011, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Hotel_junkie
J...I got a regular decent pool view room, but no breakfast certs or upgrades or anything at all...I'm very sad now
What is your MyWay setting for Hilton properties? If you select points instead of Breakfast/Upgrades, then you got what you asked for. Personally, I go for points, but I understand you can switch at check in, just ask the clerk what they have available.

No reason to be sad.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL Pl (2 m miler) AA, UA, Marriott Pl Life, Hilton Diamond Life, SPG Gold Life, IHG Spire Ambassador
Huntington Beach

This property is nice, clean, good service, nice to be close to the beach (across a busy highway); however, it is overpriced by at least 50% all around. As noted in prior posts the valet only parking at $25 with tip is 10% of the room rate (at $250 is in itself too much). As a Diamond you get the cold breakfast buffet (extra $8 for hot buffet) was extremely "common", further lessened by melons with a terrible chemical taste and dried out scrambled eggs).
Old Feb 21, 2011, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Stayed here twice this year as a diamond. Excellent property even though I hate the mandatory valet system. On both occasions my room was nice, but not really discernible as an upgrade (although my room on the first occasion has wood floors). There is no executive lounge but I got breakfast coupons for every day of my stay plus one 20% off coupon for dinner at Shades restaurant. I'd definitely recommend using the breakfast coupons to order à la carte as what you get will be much fresher than what's served in the trough. Ask for a table outside (they'll give you a heat lamp if necessary) and look at the ocean. Although the hotel is across from a busy road, you can't see the road from the restaurant and pool area - all you see is sand and ocean.

Is it overpriced? Probably. But I took Hwy 1 all the way from LAX to Laguna Beach one Sunday, and apart from the Hyatt (which looks a bit more worn), it was the best-looking option by far. I noticed a couple Best Westerns and some independent motels, but nothing else of this calibre right on the sea.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Just returned to NJ from a 7 night stay at the Waterfront Beach Resort with Q3FN certificates. Hotel was much nicer than I expected. Outstanding ocean views from the pool area and outdoor restaurant seating. I was given an upgrade to a sunset oceanview room on the 11th floor, I had requested this room type in my comments. After 2 nights, several suites opened up and I was given a choice between them to change rooms. We chose the 1 bedroom suite on the 7th floor. Rap-around corner balcony, amazing views, and tons of space.

The staff at this hotel went out of there way to make this stay very enjoyable. I would return to this hotel in a second on a reward stay or for cash. Hotel is a very nice 10 minute walk to downtown Huntington Beach were there are lots of restaurants, shops and bars. Breakfast at the hotel was good. Certificates can be used for ala cart breakfast at the restaurant or for room service! Or they can be used for the continental breakfast buffet at the restaurant.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by BWItravelerman
This property is nice, clean, good service, nice to be close to the beach (across a busy highway); however, it is overpriced by at least 50% all around. As noted in prior posts the valet only parking at $25 with tip is 10% of the room rate (at $250 is in itself too much). As a Diamond you get the cold breakfast buffet (extra $8 for hot buffet) was extremely "common", further lessened by melons with a terrible chemical taste and dried out scrambled eggs).
It should probably be pointed out there is a pedestrian bridge across the road to the beach. Most times, I wouldn't that stretch of PCH a "busy highway".. More like a major street. After all it's not like there aren't traffic lights all along it.

Edit: Sorry.. the bridge is at the Hyatt

Last edited by mvoight; Feb 22, 2011 at 4:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.