Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Montreal Bonaventure {CAN} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2000, 11:12 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

I'm thinking about attending the FT event in Montreal in July. Right now, I'm booked at the Marriott Montreal Chateau Champlain which is "homebase" for the get-together. I actually would rather earn Hhonors points and was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Bonaventure Hilton. The website makes it sound pretty good. Also, how far is it from the Marriott and how does it compare.
Thanks
Old Apr 7, 2000, 8:56 am

Programs: AA-EXP 3 Million Miler, HHonors Diamond (old school) Hertz Presidents Circle, CO-MM, now done.
i've stayed at all three. The Marriott is at one end of the underground and the Hilton at the other. I wouldn't stay at the marriott ever again.

The Hilton is a fantastic hotel althought the reception is on the sixth or seventh floor. Request a executive level room, with e3xecutive level perks including the nice lounge.

I'm sad that my travel doesn't include Montreal any longer.
Old Apr 7, 2000, 9:51 am
Original Member

It is one of the best Hilton I have ever experienced.
Old Apr 8, 2000, 10:35 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the advice. I changed my reservation from the Marriott to the Hilton Bonaventure. The hotel sounds great. Plus it's only a little more than the Marriott. I also booked the Hilton airport location for the first night I will be there since I get in about 11 at night.
Old Apr 9, 2000, 9:46 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

FWIW, I like the Marriott CC! Just curious as to the "problem(s)" there!

The B Hilton has an outdoor heated pool- lots of vaporizing in winter !
Old Jun 2, 2001, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Hilton Montreal Bonaventure

Supposed to stay there for 6 nites in July - is it nice?

TIA
Old Jun 2, 2001, 8:24 pm

See these previous discussions for a quicker response.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/001470.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/000458.html

[This message has been edited by Stephen loves Starwood (edited 06-02-2001).]
Old Jun 3, 2001, 7:59 pm
SST

You'll like it, but it's no "A-List" hotel. We've stayed there three or four times, and the staff are pretty nice, the location is again, pretty nice, but the rooms are a little dated.
Old Jun 3, 2001, 8:36 pm
SST

My wife reminds me that the pool, which is on the roof, is a gas in the winter. Here you are, snow all around, swimming outdoors while steam wafts up. It was a hit for the kids. Otherwise, the hotel, which I think was built in time for Expo '67, has a cast-concrete architecture inside, and rooms which are by no means large. You're only a short walk from things all over MOntreal, though, and there's a metro stop underneath for those that are beyond walking. Cabs, too, are available even at the busiest hour on a rainy day, since the place is central. And this is a good idea, as the parking, if I remember right, is about $25/day.

In all, it's a pretty good choice.
Old Aug 29, 2001, 3:52 pm

Hilton Bonaventure Montreal...

Has anybody had any bad experience in this hotel. I've been staying there now for 4 months, pretty much 5 nghts/wk and Christ if it wasn't for the points...
The service at the Gold/Diamand desk is good, although their lounge is rather small, and the privelige check-in desk is in the back and half of the time there is nobody there anyway so you have to walk back to the normal check-in.
But the rest of the hotel staff is brutal. I've never seen such a bunch of rude hotelstaff.
I took a taxi from the hotel and the cabbie didn't even take creditcards, so I asked the next week if the bellman could look into this as I assume I am not the only one who'd like to pay with a credit when leaving for the airport. Short answer: no. Is it that hard to have a policy that your taxis in your stand have minimum standards?
Are there any other bad experiences with this hotel out there?
I am seriously considering giving up the whole points for some decent service at the Delta across the street. The Hilton staff should go for some training there...
And what is a zip check-in? They have a sign up for their privelige members but nothing to accomodate this...
Old Aug 29, 2001, 4:57 pm

I find the Bonnie to be a decent place to stay; the only complaint is the poor elevator service from the ground floor to the lobby. I love the hotel layout 'cause it's so different from any other big city hotel, the lounge is decent and comes up with some awfully good afternoon food, and the location is reasonable if not perfect. Maybe the best part are the wonderful little walking paths--unique for a city hotel.

I've found the staff to be generally helpful when asked, but otherwise neither among the best nor worst of hotel staffs.

I have never, ever heard of a hotel that vetted its cabs for credit card acceptance. (In some cities, it would be illegal.)

Odd that you claim to have been staying there 5 nights a week for 4 months, seem not to like the place, yet continue to stay there.
Old Aug 30, 2001, 9:01 am

Been staying there for the points...
And the airport imposes the creditcard rule for their cabbies.
Old Sep 2, 2001, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Stayed there this summer - one of the woman in the lounge is GREAT!!- Did not particulary care for the rest of the staff - stay took forever to post.

Cigarman says the Starwood there is marvelous and if you are Hilton Diamond as you should be by now - you can get comped to Starwood Platinum and get a suite

HTH
Old Mar 19, 2002, 6:20 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Can you tell me about Hilton Montreal & C/I as Diamond?

Staying at this downtown hotel in a couple of
weeks. What can I expect checking in as
Diamond? Thanks
Old Jun 11, 2002, 1:00 pm

Montreal: Hilton or ...

Has anyone been to the Hilton in downtown Montreal recently? As a Diamond, I'm wondering if I should stay there and get an upgrade or stay elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.