Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Westside {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Westside {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by trueblu
We're staying at this hotel as our LA base in just over a week. We're meeting up with family and we wanted somewhere fairly inexpensive, clean, and with a pool since we have two small kids.

There was a lot of to-ing and fro-ing in choosing the actual hotel, and I pushed for this one since I am HH gold. Now, whilst I was looking at my reservation for another reason, I found that there is a new notice mentioning the pool is closed for the next two weeks!

I am certain there was no notice of this about 2-3 weeks ago when we made the reservation.

I've booked with the hotel directly, but my cousins have gone via expedia. Is there any comeback we can have, either by way of discount, breakfast vouchers (for them) or somesuch? Prices for alternatives, which had been similarly priced have unsurprisingly shot up as the stay approaches making booking an alternative not an option.

tb
Pool? You're in Los Angeles! Go to the beach

btw, has anyone stayed at the DoubleTree MDR lately? Any reviews on a stay here? I was considering it over the DoubleTree Culver City. But it's more expensive... is that solely because of locale... or something else?
Old Oct 24, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
This property just raised their parking to $20 per night (up from the already insane $17 per night fee). Ridiculous!
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:26 pm

Well, I'm here now. The rooms are slightly bigger than the Four Points across the road. But the parking is $6 more per night and they waive the parking fee at the 4P. Which makes the hotel more expensive. No upgrades at either to speak of and both on the highway (although really it's more of a consistent hum so not hard to sleep).

Hotel isn't luxurious and Internet is slowish (3 Mbps up). Decent TV channels. Breakfast comped for Diamond til 10:30am. Assuming price was similar between both properties I'd be indifferent about where to stay - but with parking rates at $20 per night you're hard pressed to get this property for less.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Just spent the night here. I echo the above comments. Room is decent sized, highway noisee wasn't a big deal and I was at the end closest to 405, but on the top floor. I agree with the constant hum....

They include free breakfast for DIA.

Parking is a bit pricey, and is one of the deterrents... I also found the bar/f&b pricing to be creeping into the Hilion LAX gauging range.... Sad, because this property could be a great alternative to Hilton LAX, which I have a love/hate relationship with...
Old Jul 6, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Update as of July 2016:

1. Got free breakfast voucher for Diamond, which was great - breakfast had good selection of fruits and an omelette station. Otherwise, hot food selection was just okay. Continental option was rather dire - ie. pastries look like it's been sitting there for days!
2. Front desk staff and restaurant staff all extremely nice!
3. Was one of the cheaper LA hotels when I booked. Location-wise, obviously not the best part of LA but I did find the proximity to the Westfield Mall (literally across the street) and Howard Hughes mall very convenient. There are many restaurants and eateries at the Westfield, so on both evenings, I was able to find any easy option
4. Close proximity to the airport - US$10 Uber to airport, inclusive of the $4 LAX surcharge!
5. Booked a standard King room and got upgraded to high floor Premier King Room (what the difference is, besides high floor, I don't know).

Nothing too exciting about this hotel. The hotel looks like it hasn't been renovated for a while and the furnishings show.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:21 pm

They have a points special going on now. Premium Room Rewards for 25800 points for a high floor. This doesn't show on the search page. You have to go into the booking page.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: HH, SPG
Has anyone stayed here recently? Planning a stopover mid-Feb. Any updates on the property would be appreciated!
Old May 19, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
They switch next week from 27$ self parking to valet...can‘t imagine that it will get cheaper then.
If they would waive the parking fee for DIA I would give this hotel a try...
Old May 19, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
I have stayed here a couple of times. I find the the rooms noisy due to the proximity of the 405 freeway. Bring ear plugs.
Old May 20, 2019, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by denkigroove
They switch next week from 27$ self parking to valet...can‘t imagine that it will get cheaper then.
If they would waive the parking fee for DIA I would give this hotel a try...
When I was there I just parked across the street on Arizona Avenue.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:30 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
This hotel is now a regular Hilton, not a Doubletree -- officially the Hilton Los Angeles Culver City.

(I was only here for a meeting for about an hour, so I have nothing else to add.)
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by trainman74
This hotel is now a regular Hilton, not a Doubletree -- officially the Hilton Los Angeles Culver City.

(I was only here for a meeting for about an hour, so I have nothing else to add.)
How was the parking? How much did they charge? Did the common areas appear more on the Hilton aesthetic or DoubleTree?

David
Old Jun 30, 2022, 9:11 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Originally Posted by DELee
How was the parking? How much did they charge? Did the common areas appear more on the Hilton aesthetic or DoubleTree?
Parking is valet only (an office building has been built where the self-parking lot used to be). I was charged $18, but at least I got my car returned quickly.

I'm not really a good judge of hotel aesthetics, but it does seem to be more "Hilton" than "DoubleTree" -- looks like the public areas have been renovated since I was previously here for a meeting some years back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.