Hilton Antwerp {BEL}

Old Jan 31, 2012, 9:26 pm

I stayed there a couple of week ago. The dinner time food choice was limited with fettuccine in cream sauce and some other light meal. I opted for one of the many restaurants within the 3 block from the hotel. Breakfast the next moring was warm eggs and good breads, very nice. Drinks were serve yourself with no restrictions (hard liquor and beer). The location was perfect. I will stay there again.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:46 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Anyone visited the Hilton Antwerp recently? I'm hoping it might be a little quieter with 50% of the world's population in London at the moment.

Chris
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: HH D
Executive lounge: had someone video cell phoning his wife/gf in another part of the world for over half an hour. Like 'Facetime' but his cellphone was huge and ugly. Luckily I didn't understand a word of what either he or she said.

Evening snacks as good as ever, all sorts of fine drinks available until late. If not enough, you're in the middle of historic Antwerp with 300-year old bars and restaurants, each of them serving a hundred different types of beer, just about everywhere.

Last edited by Sisosig; Jul 15, 2013 at 2:23 pm Reason: Updated lounge status
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AC Aéroplan, Accor ALL
I experienced a very pleasant stay at this hotel. Very friendly staff and check-in went smoothly. I was upgraded to the Executive Floor without asking, welcome gift in the room etc etc. Lounge was not huge but plenty of space for the people using it. Catering is quite good, location excellent. Rooms well appointed. I was told it costs 9€ for guests to use the gym which is accessible from the 2nd floor but is actually in the adjacent shopping complex.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:22 am

Did you have a rencent stay at this hotel? Because it is supposed to have it's own 24hr fitness center by now, overlooking the Groenplaats.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:25 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Not sure about the gym as my last visit was in December last year.

A small touch during this stay that I did appreciate - there was a huge queue for the lifts due to an event that was taking place. Rather than waiting, a supervisor grabbed me and offered a free drink (Chimay Blue was duly selected) in the bar for the inconvenience. ^
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:57 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AC Aéroplan, Accor ALL
I stayed there this month and there was no mention of this mysterious fitness room at check-in. But the floor staff in the gym did mention that they heard one was set up and that it was basic. In any case the sauna/steam room etc. are part of the 2nd floor gym (paid access).
Old Dec 26, 2012, 2:57 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Just visited the Hilton Antwerpen, the hotel is one of the nicer hotels in Antwerpen. The location is great, just in the middle of the center. The parking-cost are about 18 euro for 24 hour for car-parking. The lounge is very nice, there are a lot of items during the day. The breakfast at the lounge is strangely very basic. You can have breakfast downstairs but is the same.
The rooms are good, LCD screens and very nice beds. This hotel got my attention with their great beds. There is a new gym and it is a nice one.
The hotel is very big, so there are always people.
If you visit Antwerpen, this Hilton is a nice one.
As a diamond member they give me a executive room.

Pascal, Diamondmember and member of Hiltonhotelfans
Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:37 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Maybe a merge with this thread is appropriate- good info in both.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...n-antwerp.html
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:11 pm

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold
Mrs. D/2 and I had a great stay at this property in mid-December. While researching where to stay in Belgium, I learned this property had a lounge while the Brussels property did not...and that's a deal breaker for us. Antwerp turned out to be a great pick for us as we really enjoyed the city and the people. Everyone on staff was excellent.

The lounge was great with decorations for the holidays including a tree. The cocktail hour (IIRC, 6-8 on Sunday, 6-10 on Monday) was nice with staple liquors (vodka, sweet and dry vermouths, a scotch, and a cognac/brandy come to mind) as well as wines. During the day the cava was put out to complement the fridge with soft drinks and beer (Heineken, Beck's, and local-brew De Koninck). Hors d'oeuvres were a couple hot items (fish and clams in a sauce, turkey in a sauce), finger sandwiches, a tuna salad type thing in a shot glass, snackmix, etc.

Gold amenities included the aforementioned chocolates, a bottle of still water, and a platter with three or four mini-glasses of mousse with welcome note from the GM.

We opted for breakfast in the cafe both mornings. It's definitely not the same as the lounge is simply too small. Offerings included your American hot items, coldcuts and cheeses, awesome pastries and breads, a variety of juices and fruits, and grains/muesli. Mrs. D/2 took a trip down memory lane to her Rotterdam years with the little boxes of chocolate sprinkles you put on bread/toast. The cafe is all glass and overlooks the Groenplaats and cathedral.

The room was large. Definitely larger than the rooms we had at the Hilton Prague and Hilton Schiphol. I had no problems with the bathroom or the size of the shower.

As many have mentioned, the location on the Groenplaats can't be beat especially this time of year with the Christmas markets. There was one in front of the hotel, another in the Grote Markt not even five minutes away, and a third a tad further. You could see the ferris wheel from the third market from the executive floor terrace.

The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from Centraal station.

Last edited by Duhey2; Jan 7, 2013 at 11:19 pm Reason: grammar
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Action Man
I stayed there this month and there was no mention of this mysterious fitness room at check-in. But the floor staff in the gym did mention that they heard one was set up and that it was basic. In any case the sauna/steam room etc. are part of the 2nd floor gym (paid access).
Yes it's somewhat basic. It has got all the usual stuff you'll find in a hotel this size, but no sauna, showers etc. On the other hand it's free, open 24hrs and has got all new multi language touch screen equipment inside. It is hardly being used because nobody knows where it is.

So how to get there? Take the room elevators down, walk to the lobby, all the way along the front desk towards the far corner. This is where the Groenplaats entrance used to be (now closed). Walk up the stairs to the next floor. At the end of a long hallway you'll find the fitness room. You'll be rewarded with a view over the Groenplaats square while doing excercises.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 2:01 pm

Anyone stayed here recently? I'll be there in a few weeks and would enjoy reading about any recent experiences. Thanks.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by rolltide2
Anyone stayed here recently? I'll be there in a few weeks and would enjoy reading about any recent experiences. Thanks.
I'll be here next year, so please post any relevant observations once your stay is complete. Interested in Diamond treatment if applicable.

Thanks! ^
Old Aug 4, 2013, 12:05 pm

Great hotel in perfect location. Easy walk from train station even with luggage. As Diamond, upgraded to Executive King room on Executive floor. Lounge has good breakfast (with coffee machine that makes very good coffee), comp. beer (De Koninck and Stella) all day and comp. red wine, white wine, and good cava in the evenings. No "spirits." Good food selections in the evening. We were very pleased with everything at this property.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 1:48 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by rolltide2
Great hotel in perfect location. Easy walk from train station even with luggage. As Diamond, upgraded to Executive King room on Executive floor. Lounge has good breakfast (with coffee machine that makes very good coffee), comp. beer (De Koninck and Stella) all day and comp. red wine, white wine, and good cava in the evenings. No "spirits." Good food selections in the evening. We were very pleased with everything at this property.
Good to hear; looking forward to my stay here next year. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.