Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton New York City - Times Square {US-NY} (no longer Honors)

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton New York City - Times Square {US-NY} (no longer Honors)

Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
It will be another hotel, not all suites, not a Hilton - I read the name, something I can't really recall but I want to say "TS" something (probably for Times Square) but definitely not any familiar chain.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Stayed here in early January and just noticed I never received any points for my stay. Nights posted towards my eligible nights towards status, but no points. Submitted a missing stay request and the drop-down choices for hotel didn't include the DT Suites because it is now closed, I assume. Entered the Embassy Suites instead and added a note explaining that it was the DT Suites and not the Embassy Suites. I'm guessing the hotel's closing had something to do with no points posting, so double check your account if you had a stay here shortly before the closing (end of Jan).
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:06 pm

FWIW, the hotel stayed open at least a week past the end of January (My last stay there was 8 Feb 19). I also noticed proper nights posted. After a few minutes of forensic point accounting due to entry for the stay disappearing from both the app and web, I was able to verify that I received the correct points as well.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by vonsnooks
After a few minutes of forensic point accounting due to entry for the stay disappearing from both the app and web, I was able to verify that I received the correct points as well.
I guess this could've happened to me as well, but as I have no idea what my points balance was before the stay I can't determine whether the points were awarded or not. It sure would be nice if the HHonors website showed your balance after every transaction. It shouldn't require forensic skills
englisha likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by mangoMan
I guess this could've happened to me as well, but as I have no idea what my points balance was before the stay I can't determine whether the points were awarded or not. It sure would be nice if the HHonors website showed your balance after every transaction. It shouldn't require forensic skills
Still hell, but you may check your email history if you don't delete old emails. They send me an email every month with the points balance.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by mangoMan
Just log into your account and it will show what points are awarded per stay.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Not just the total points, but every single bonus you're entitled to, also. Just expand the portfolio for each stay.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:33 am

Yes, of course. But in my case the stay is not showing up in the list of stays - it is missing.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:07 pm

What doesnt show is the balance before/after additions or subtractions.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by B3nder
What doesnt show is the balance before/after additions or subtractions.
Do any travel websites show that? I"m looking at my Delta activity right now and it doesn't show a running total just miles that got posted and the source and miles subtracted on redemptions. Same with my Hyatt account.

I agree it would be nice to have a "statement" type format with running totals.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 6:30 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Anyone have any updates about what's going on with the hotel?
Old Feb 29, 2020, 8:12 pm

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Just giving thread a boost - any update DT Times Square - is it all over red rover and not due to re-open as a DT?
Old Feb 29, 2020, 8:22 pm

Totally gone and will be so different. There will be a hotel as part of the massive complex, but I haven't been able to ferret out a brand. Google TSX New York, too many articles to link.
Cruiser Elite and Sisosig like this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:40 am

This is what it looks like right now.
Sisosig likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Latest progress:

(taken when standing in the TKTS line..."Hey, wasn't the DoubleTree Suites right there...oh, not any more")

David
san888 and Sisosig like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.