Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton New York City - Times Square {US-NY} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton New York City - Times Square {US-NY} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Althekillr
Also booked Axon over new years eve.
I am traveling with two younger kids so we can't wait a long time for a good viewing spot. Any chance of getting into the action somehow by leaving the hotel around 10 or 11pm and maybe seeing the ball drop?

What's the situation right outside the hotel like during new years eve?

I hear there is no walking around, is it just going to be packed to the gills right outside the hotel too?

TIA
If you want to see the ball drop plan on being out there by 11 in the MORNING or earlier before they block the streets off, once they block the streets off you won't get through. Or you can buy a VIP package from the hotel but those are very expensive or buy one of the package from a couple of the places that have views of the ball but again those are very expensive and not sure if they will allow kids or not.

One year I was able to see it from one of the windows in the hall on the top floor but the past two years they have put something on those windows to block the view
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:35 pm

Agree. Probably at least a 12-hour commitment, so not really viable with kids.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:40 pm

tks for the input. It seems an upgrade by points is not available for that date. I will call the "sales desk" on Monday and see how much they charge for a guaranteed upgrade.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 3:02 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Althekillr
tks for the input. It seems an upgrade by points is not available for that date. I will call the "sales desk" on Monday and see how much they charge for a guaranteed upgrade.
Current spread between the standard suite and T'S view is $4K, last year they were offering them for 1 million points.

Look back on previous threads (search this thread for New Years) and you will see police will immediately direct you away from TS as soon as you go out the front door.
Old May 1, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Doubletree Suites Times Square

I am there for a week starting next Tuesday. I got an email today saying I could go online and choose my room (I am HH Gold). I had already called the hotel and they said they would upgrade me to the Exec floor.

Any tips on what room to choose if I a) just get the king suite I reserved and b) do get the upgrade, which room should I request? Looking for the best view possible on a high floor.

Any suggestions as to what is the best king room in the house?
Old May 1, 2013, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...s-reviews.html
Old May 1, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Thanks. The search tool is my friend...
Old Jul 31, 2013, 4:50 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Hi all,

i am currently looking to book 5 nights in NY this november, for 3 adults and was considering staying at this property. I am a HHDiamond and I can see reports on this thread stating that breakfast was comped only for 2 guests, but these posts are 18 months old. Did anybody stayed there recently and experienced the same thing ? Or did the situation changed ? I understand they give to Diamonds full breakfast buffet for 2, but can we opt for the continental breakfast instead and get the 3 breakfasts free ?
Cheers,
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by palmanfr
Hi all,

i am currently looking to book 5 nights in NY this november, for 3 adults and was considering staying at this property. I am a HHDiamond and I can see reports on this thread stating that breakfast was comped only for 2 guests, but these posts are 18 months old. Did anybody stayed there recently and experienced the same thing ? Or did the situation changed ? I understand they give to Diamonds full breakfast buffet for 2, but can we opt for the continental breakfast instead and get the 3 breakfasts free ?
Cheers,
Only for two guests? There is no situation - you are entitled to breakfast for yourself and one guest. You could ask to be flexible on the breakfast dates -maybe they could give you three breakfasts on three days instead of two on five days. Other than that you can ask the front desk for whatever you want or maybe they will just comp the third breakfast.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 8:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
When will scaffolding disappear?

Stayed at this property in December 2012. Scaffolding covered the front of the property. Have another reservation for this property in November 2013.

Was in NYC this past week and noticed the scaffolding still covers the front of the property. Does anyone know when this scaffolding will come down?
Old Aug 16, 2013, 8:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Honours
Does this hotel have an Exec Lounge and if so do they provide complimentary afternoon tea/drinks?
Old Aug 16, 2013, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by netaholic
Does this hotel have an Exec Lounge and if so do they provide complimentary afternoon tea/drinks?
No.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
Doubletree Times Square - Free Hot Breakfast for Gold

My wife and I are at the DT for a 6 night GLON award stay that we made pre-devaluation. My wife is a Gold and we were given a card for each day which entitles us to the full hot breakfast.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:00 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square-New York City Trip Reports and Reviews

I have a three night award reservation here (two rooms) over New Year. Will the hotel contact me regarding paid upgrade options or should I contact them? Would like an 01 room if at all possible.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 12:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Princess fiona
I have a three night award reservation here (two rooms) over New Year. Will the hotel contact me regarding paid upgrade options or should I contact them? Would like an 01 room if at all possible.
All I saw were the upgrade offers in the online reservation summary / management.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.