Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

What Constitutes a Stay? What is a Qualifying Stay? The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2001, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au

I am staying at the Birmingham Metropole on points for one night next week. Will that count as a stay towards status ??

Jon
Old Feb 15, 2001, 7:30 am

According to the rules, it shouldn't. Although some members report getting a stay credited when they charge something to the room (e.g., breakfast, room service, etc.).
Old Feb 15, 2001, 7:50 am
Suspended

I recently stayed at the Paris Hilton. Two nights free (award) and one night paid. I was credited with a three night stay on my account. I've been told by CS as long as they receive something "billable" it shows as a stay but I haven't personally done it on a 100% free stay - yet
Old Feb 15, 2001, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
well ill report back in two weeks time when and if it posts - but under a alais of course
Old Feb 15, 2001, 8:14 am

As long as something is billed (there may be a minimum--the lowest I've had is slightly above $20) on the room it will show up as a stay.
Old Feb 15, 2001, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I can see how a stay might be credited when there is something billed on the account portfolio, even during a free stay. However, given one does not get credit for stays when using the 50% off certificates, I wonder how the system distinguishes between the two situations, aside from the rate code.
Old Feb 15, 2001, 8:53 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
Has anyone ever received Credit for the 50% off certificates? I was thinking of using them (for 2 weekend nights) at the Hilton Tapito Cliffs the End of March. I could always just FAx the Floio right?
Old Feb 15, 2001, 10:07 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
They never used to give credit but an HHonors phone rep last night told me they do now on ANY discounted room, regardless of the source.
Old Feb 15, 2001, 11:18 am

Hello FTers,

In regards to the question by milesandpoints about HHonors points/stay credit for 50% off cert use, the answer is YES.

Cheers,

Va.SquireFlyer
Old Feb 15, 2001, 12:12 pm
DOC 2 BE

That is very interesting Karen and VaSquire, for the rules do state that certain discount rates will not earn points. Have they finally removed the impediment to my earning points on an Entertainment 50% off discount rate??

Adam had originally told me that you will not get points but that you would be credite with a stay and/or nights towards Elite.

If this has now changed, I would be very happy, however, there are not that many Hiltons listed as accepting the discount, althouth there are a few Doubletrees.

Adam, could you clarify please?

Old Apr 15, 2001, 5:58 pm

What constitutes a stay

I'm participating in the program where you get 50K if you have 4 stays between 2/28 and 5/28 (I think that is the time period). If I use a reward for a stay, yet charge food or other services to my room... will this count as a stay? I was able to do this on a stay I won on the PL and it counted as a stay.
Old Apr 15, 2001, 6:54 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Sammy,

I believe these have to be paid stays. No free or reward stays. I know of no program (but sure they are out there) were you get bonus points for using a free stay.

In fact, I thought only certain paid rates counted for the GOLD promotion.

William
Old Apr 15, 2001, 8:35 pm

Additional Question:

If you secure the stay with a credit card for late arrival, and then do not show thereby having your card debited, is this considered a "stay" for promotions, etc?
Old Apr 16, 2001, 2:03 am
Suspended

This was tried a month ago and was successful, although it required a fax of the folio to be sent in. Hampton Inn Niagra Falls is only like $35 A NIGHT if thats what your after.
Old Dec 13, 2001, 11:42 am

Clarification on Qualifying Stay

Could someone please define what a Qualifying Stay actually is? I wouldn't mind getting diamond early next year and with the double promotion it is feasable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.