Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Vienna Park {AUT}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2010, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by nissan motor
If you dont need the lounge, you may want to take the cheapo Hilton down at the river. I was there last year and I liked it simplicity and its large rooms ^
Well, at this place you need to take the tram. Not an aweful lot in walking distance from there. Currently the January Sales gives quite good rates at the other two.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 6:05 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
I really love the Hilton am Stadtpark. The building itself is nothing special - modern, efficient business-type hotel, smaller rooms. The location is great, though, especially if you have an early morning flight to take, the Stadtpark is at your feet, Plachutta and Figlmueller within short walking distance, etc. The staff at the lounge is great. I cannot wait to be back there at the end of the month (in Vienna for I Puritani at the Opera). I just feel good there.

The Plaza must be ok. I was by last fall, entered the lobby and looked around but did not feel like staying there. I also thought that it may be more 'chic' but I am not sure.

In any case, the Hilton European properties are currently so much better than anything we get nowadays in North America. With the new security measures in place, I gave up on travel to the US - unless I really have to.
I'd rather travel over the Atlantic for 3 nights in VIE/MUC/DRS/PRG etc. than a weekend in NYC/ORD/SFO/MIA as I used to.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 9:00 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I actually liked the Hilton Vienna better before the renovation . The ground floor restaurant looked like an old-fashioned home library and there was even a piano. Now, the restaurant could be anywhere in the world.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 9:49 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Thumbs up

another stay at the Stadtpark, each time upgraded as gold to exec floor, and it's my favourite lounge - very good staff, nice atmosphere, really nice to have a mint tea and a scotch and soda after a schnitzel and a bracing walk in the snow.

Shame they got rid of the JW black
Old Mar 1, 2010, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I have a stay in Vienna coming up and also trying to decide between the Hilton Plaza and the Hilton Vienna (Stadtpark).

Anybody stayed at both and have any recommendations for which they prefer?
Is the Stadtpark better?

I'm HH Gold and my main focus would be a nice room and a nice exec lounge (hopefully one that doesnt close too early). I can get a cab to the office the next day so not too concerned about being close to the u-bahn.

Would welcome any thoughts.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 3:03 pm

Programs: LH, HH, PC
Originally Posted by LaydeeSarah
Anybody stayed at both and have any recommendations for which they prefer?
You'll find lot of recommendations here: Hilton HHonors Properties in Vienna
Old Mar 1, 2010, 4:06 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
I have 4 stays in the last year at Stadtpark and I really like it (also corp rate is great). Haven't stayed at Vienna City for >4yrs but don't remember it being so 'welcoming'. For me as Uk GLD Stadtpark is great [posted a bit pissed from somewhere the other end of Austria w/o a Hilton ]
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Stadtpark it is then! I too had wondered why it was at cat 4 and the plaza a cat 5 but the link seemed to explain that there was relatively little difference other than the neighbourhood.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:29 am

Programs: DL DM, 2.5MM; HH:Diamond; HGVC
I just stayed at the Vienna Plaza two weeks ago. My Executive Floor room was awesome. The lounge, though on the smallish side, was well-stocked both in the evening and at breakfast. The subway around the corner, makes it very convenient to get around.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 11:19 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
King Deluxe Plus rooms?

Can anyone shed some light on how the King Deluxe Plus rooms at this hotel accommodate 3 adults, as listed on the room description? The description mentions that you can "curl up on the easy chair", but does not suggest where a 3rd person might sleep.

Many thanks!
TBH
Old Apr 4, 2010, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I arrive there next week for 3 days of conferences and a week later for 3 days of R&R on a reward cert for my very first time in Vienna (the boss usually gpes to the nicer cities). Do they usually upgrade Diamonds to the exec level and is the internet free in those rooms (I read it once was). If not how munch as my Boingo aint honored there. I here the Vienna wiener schnitzel is really something special. I have wolfed down many wiener schnitzels in Germany and loved every one. Does one order beer or wine with them and any suggestions are appreciated. Any particular sights to see.

MisterNice
Old Apr 4, 2010, 2:39 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MisterNice
I arrive there next week for 3 days of conferences and a week later for 3 days of R&R on a reward cert for my very first time in Vienna (the boss usually gpes to the nicer cities). Do they usually upgrade Diamonds to the exec level and is the internet free in those rooms (I read it once was). If not how munch as my Boingo aint honored there. I here the Vienna wiener schnitzel is really something special. I have wolfed down many wiener schnitzels in Germany and loved every one. Does one order beer or wine with them and any suggestions are appreciated. Any particular sights to see.

MisterNice
I've stayed four times at the Hilton Vienna and as a Diamond always upgraded to exec level. Nice lounge. No free Internet in room IIRC, but you can use the two PCs in the exec lounge (time restricted though).

For wiener schnitzel, the classic place for an absolutely gigantic rendition is:

Figlmüller at Wollzeile 5
Figlmüller at Bäckerstraße 6

I don't recall which is the original, but the staff at the exec lounge can assist. They are very close to one another. Both an easy walk from the Hilton.

Would also recommend Trzesniewski, a sandwich shop @ Dorotheer Gasse 1. A Vienna institution and well worth the visit.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 3:34 pm

Programs: M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
I've stayed four times at the Hilton Vienna and as a Diamond always upgraded to exec level. Nice lounge. No free Internet in room IIRC, but you can use the two PCs in the exec lounge (time restricted though).

For wiener schnitzel, the classic place for an absolutely gigantic rendition is:

Figlmüller at Wollzeile 5
Figlmüller at Bäckerstraße 6

I don't recall which is the original, but the staff at the exec lounge can assist. They are very close to one another. Both an easy walk from the Hilton.

Would also recommend Trzesniewski, a sandwich shop @ Dorotheer Gasse 1. A Vienna institution and well worth the visit.
Please be aware that the Figlmüller is a wine only restaurant
Being Bavarian I would prefer a beer for the gigantic schnitzel they serve ;-)
Old Apr 4, 2010, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by MisterNice
I arrive there next week for 3 days of conferences and a week later for 3 days of R&R on a reward cert for my very first time in Vienna (the boss usually gpes to the nicer cities). Do they usually upgrade Diamonds to the exec level and is the internet free in those rooms (I read it once was).

MisterNice
MisterNice, please post a report when you return. I'm curious to hear about your stay.

Thanks!
TBH
Old Apr 4, 2010, 9:04 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jthiel1
Please be aware that the Figlmüller is a wine only restaurant
Being Bavarian I would prefer a beer for the gigantic schnitzel they serve ;-)
Indeed. Even the staff at the Hilton were unaware of the wine only option.

I'd prefer an Augustiner with it as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.