Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Vienna Park {AUT}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2007, 9:43 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by cayenne92
You can also try the Hilton Danube. but no lounge access
Well, I don't remember seeing a lounge at this property.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by dietwater
Sorry to go OT, but what is a GLON407? Is this the same type of rewards as "buy 2 nights get 1 free"? I've often seen these type of codes mentioned in the forum but never found an explanation from hilton.com.

Thanks.
VIP award code for 7 nights at Category 4 or below. I think the non-elite price is 7 X 25,000 or 175,000 points for a Cat 4.
Old May 6, 2007, 6:26 pm

Programs: MUCCI -- What else matters?
I just checked into the Vienna Danube Hilton for five nights, on a ridiculously cheap corporate rate (booked by travel agent). As a diamond, I was upgraded to a very large suite with a view over the river, given full free breakfast for each night of my stay complementary even though it's not included in my room rate, and when I got to my room there was a freshly baked chocolate cake waiting for me with the words "welcome back to the hilton". All without asking :-)

No lounge access, but only because there is no lounge at this hotel at all. I guess that's why they're extra nice to diamonds! Overall, I'm happy.

-simon
Old May 19, 2007, 2:44 pm

Danube

As other posters note there is no lounge at the Hilton Danube. The rooms are large and as a Diamond I was placed over the river in a nice room with a small sitting area by Bay windows. The breakfast buffet is overall very good....thought that the service was a bit suspect. The front desk was very pleasant and helpful.

There is a tram about 5 minutes from the hotel that takes you to Vienna. The only two negatives of this hotel is that there was only a very small gym and really no restaurants within walking distance.

If you get a cheap rate then I'd say here, otherwise I'd probably try one of the Hilton's in the city.

As a note, If your flying in....when you get a taxi at the taxi desk they ask if you want a round trip taxi...if your taking a taxi back I'd definately recommend it. There was an 11 euro surcharge for the taxi going out to the airport on top of a 27 euro ride. Think that if I'd had gotten round trip it was 25 euros each way.
Old May 19, 2007, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can anyone tell me what the cost of internet access is at the Vienna Hilton? My son wants to bring a laptop. I'd rather not get a bad surprise at checkout.
Old May 19, 2007, 3:52 pm

Programs: aa exp, 4.4mm; hh diamond
I was at the Vienna Hilton 2 weeks ago (as a Diamond, upgraded to a good-sized suite). As I recall, internet access was very expensive (something like 19 euros/24 hours - I may be wrong), so I used the PC in the exec lounge. I hope you have that option.
Old May 19, 2007, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; SPG LT Platinum
Originally Posted by BamaVol
....I realize that Hiltons outside North America don't treat HH elite members the same way domestic properties do and are under no obligation to do so.
It's interesting - I've had exactly the opposite experience in the past 12 months. I don't think I've had any outside-US hotel stays that haven't been fantastic, and at the vast majority I've been treated far better than in US hotels. More upgrades, better lounges, and generally better service. This is true not only at Asian hotels but also European.

I'm a diamond and stayed at the Vienna Hilton at the end of March. Given executive floor room, no suite. It was a great experience. The lounge is very nice (has a free internet terminal, but it's often taken), decent coffee, nice breakfast. It's definitely not the best Hilton lounge (not equal to Cavalieri, Conrads in SIN, Tokyo etc), but it's far better than the US ones and more than satisfactory.

The internet access in rooms is quite expensive - it's $30 USD for 24 hours, or (I think) $8 for 1 hour.
Old May 20, 2007, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BaldEmu
The internet access in rooms is quite expensive - it's $30 USD for 24 hours, or (I think) $8 for 1 hour.
That's what I was afraid of. All I need is for the kid to leave the room for the day with his laptop on and connected to his myspace page. Yikes!
Old May 20, 2007, 5:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well if said child is willing to travel w/o his pc, there are lots of cheap internet cafes in the area. Also, you can use the PC in the exec lounge, although out of courtesy to other guests I'd limit time on there to 15 minutes. When I was there last June, some biz guy tied it up for an hour. Grrr.

Cheers.
Old May 20, 2007, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Well if said child is willing to travel w/o his pc, there are lots of cheap internet cafes in the area. Also, you can use the PC in the exec lounge, although out of courtesy to other guests I'd limit time on there to 15 minutes. When I was there last June, some biz guy tied it up for an hour. Grrr.

Cheers.
I've learned not to count on the pcs in the exec lounges anymore. There always seems to be a puter-hog. I see your Grrr and raise you an Arghhhh.

I still have fingers crossed that we will be upgraded to the exec level, and if not both rooms, then one. I figured we'd find an internet cafe somewhere if we needed to. Both boys are too connected to let go for a whole week.
Old May 20, 2007, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AC, VIPorter, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond
As a Gold I was upgraded to an exec. floor on a 5-night stay a couple weeks ago. There are 2 or 3 exec. floors and all can use the lounge, which is on the 12th floor.

For the first night, there were no normal exec. rooms available but the front desk clerk was very helpful and creative in getting me the closed-off living room portion of a major suite -- about 3 times the size of a standard room, with 2 separate living/TV areas, a dining area and a bathroom (and an amazing view of the city). The drawback was that there was no bed/bedroom, only a sofa bed, and the clerk was very apologetic about this. However, it was worth it for the lounge access, and the next night I was able to switch to a normal exec. room.

There is only 1 internet terminal in the lounge, and while it tended to be occupied in the evening, it was usually available at breakfast and in the middle of the day.

I was comped Gold at the beginning of the year, having never stayed at a Hilton before. My experience of the service at the Hilton Vienna was enough to convince me to make sure that I earn back HH Gold for next year.
Old May 21, 2007, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CP@YOW
As a Gold I was upgraded to an exec. floor on a 5-night stay a couple weeks ago. There are 2 or 3 exec. floors and all can use the lounge, which is on the 12th floor.

There is only 1 internet terminal in the lounge, and while it tended to be occupied in the evening, it was usually available at breakfast and in the middle of the day.

I was comped Gold at the beginning of the year, having never stayed at a Hilton before. My experience of the service at the Hilton Vienna was enough to convince me to make sure that I earn back HH Gold for next year.
Thanks. Your post gives me reason to be hopeful. Since we'll be vacationing, there is a good chance the boys could visit the lounge to use the pc while everyone else is out working.
Old May 21, 2007, 12:02 pm

This thread is a little consfusing - which Hilton are people referring to - Stadtpark or Plaza? The hotels are walking distance from each other but are quite different.
Old May 21, 2007, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thelark
This thread is a little consfusing - which Hilton are people referring to - Stadtpark or Plaza? The hotels are walking distance from each other but are quite different.
All of my posts refer to Stadtpark, if that helps.
Old May 21, 2007, 6:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Hiltons are listed on the Hilton website as:

1. Vienna Hilton (Stadtpark - parentheses mine)
2. Vienna Hilton Plaza
3. Vienna Hilton Danube

so I always assume VH means the first when reading threads, as most people refer to the latter two simply as either the Plaza or the Danube when discussing Hiltons in Vienna.

Having said that, I agree it can be confusing & a few times in other threads I've asked the same thing.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.