Search

Hilton Vienna Park {AUT}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:32 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Hilton Vienna, Austria

July 2016, 2 nights/2 stays/combined review

In July 2016 I celebrated a milestone birthday and we decided to spend it in Austria. A wish of both, my fiancé and I, was for a longer time to stay at the Hilton Vienna, the largest hotel of the country.

We booked two separate nights, one after we arrived and the other before our departure from Vienna International Airport. This is a combined review of both stays.

The hotel is ideally located. We took the City Airport Train, short CAT, to Vienna Mitte train station from Vienna International Airport and the Hilton Vienna is just across the road. This remembered us about the Hilton Kuala Lumpur and the KLIA Express [KLIA Ekspres] connection between the KLIA and the hotel/Central station [Sentral].

At first sight it was easier to find the side entrance than the main entrance.

Reception was on the immediate right, when entering via the main entrance. The Lobby Bar and Lounge is to the left and there is a sign, indicating the bar with an arrow with Gin Tonic and the other arrow the reception with check in.

The check in experiences were very different each time. The first was businesslike, the other warmer and more personal.

We had once paid cash and once with points. Each time we had chosen a King Cathedral View Room. During our first stay we weren’t upgraded. The second time we received a Corner Junior Suite with views over the city, the Stadtpark and the Steffel.

During our first stay a convention of Neonatologists took place, so the hotel was very busy, but the convention didn’t disrupt other guests.

On the ground floor was also S’Parks Restaurant, which won best “Genuss Austria” [which promotes regional products] restaurant in Austria for 2015/2016. We ate dinner there twice – a review will follow – and we can confirm that the award is well deserved.

We liked also the display cabinet with different awards, for example best traditional gugglhupf in 2012, a Hilton Vienna Teddy Bear and kid’s lunch boxes on offer.

The elevators were a bit hidden away and not too far from the public rest rooms.

Our room was located on the 6th floor and had the desired views over the Stadtpark and St. Stephen’s Cathedral.

The furniture was made from blond wood and the overall color scheme was light brown and felt fresh and attractive.

As a gold member of the Hilton Honors loyalty program we received a personalized welcome letter from the hotel manager, Roemer Quelle still water from Austria and three pistachio macaroons. They were yummy. We appreciated that our preference for still water had been remembered.

The writing desk had a glass plate with little white dots printed on it and a stylish lamp.

There were also a wardrobe and credenza, a comfortable bed, a coffee table with magazines Wien Exklusiv and First Class Vienna.

The minibar was stocked with Vaihinger juices, Roemer Quelle, Evian, Manner wafers, Kitkat, Red bull, Coca Cola in glass bottles, Havanna Club, Beef Eater and much more.

The snacks were 3.50 Euro (ca. 3.85 USD), the non-alcoholic beverages ranged from 4.25 Euro to 5.75 Euro (ca. 4.65 USD to ca. 6.30 USD), beer was 5.50 Euro (ca. 6 USD) and all liquor 10 Euro (ca. 11 USD), while Champagne was 48 Euro (ca. 52.50 USD).

The flat screen TV had 86 channels, of which around a third were German speaking. The rest was international and included CNN, CNBC and Bloomberg.

On one of the German channels we saw Ali Guengoermues of the one Michelin-starred restaurant Le Canard Nouveau in a reality TV series, where he trains an ambitious young chef.

We had lunch at Le Canard Nouveau in Hamburg in April earlier in the year, so it was nice to remember our encounter with the chef, his cuisine and to see him on TV in “action”.

There were also a tea/coffee making facility with Tschibo coffee and Ronnefeldt tea.

The bathroom was small with a bathtub/shower combination, sink, toilet, marble top, wood, and tiles. Amenities were by Peter Thomas Roth. We liked also the mosaic in different shades of green.

Overall the atmosphere of the hotel and room let us relax and we felt well throughout.

As gold we received complimentary breakfast at S’Parks. The breakfast buffet was large and had everything one could want. On a personal note, I would have preferred, though, to have a few more vegetable choices. Otherwise I loved it. The quality was memorable and included an egg station, an Asian section, yogurt, fruits, smoked salmon, cold cuts, cheese, different types of bread and pastries. Tea and coffee was self-service.

Our Corner Junior Suite was large and open plan. The floor to ceiling windows offered stunning views.

The color scheme was different shades of brown and blond wood furniture and had a lot more storage space. There were three wardrobes and a credenza.
We also had a seating area for two, a coffee table and again Wien Exklusiv and Cercle Diplomatique – the leading magazine for the diplomatic corps, international organizations and the economy – and a flat screen TV.

As a welcome gift as golds we received three chocolate macaroons and still water. My birthday had been five days earlier. I was pleasantly surprised, when a personalized birthday card, two vouchers for sparkling wine at S’Parks and a coffee flavored cake were waiting for us. A wonderful/personal touch which we both appreciated very much. Our thanks to the Hilton Vienna.

The bathroom had the same size as the one we had during our first stay. The Peter Thomas Roth amenities included the massage bar, which is rare and we like, it seems this particular soap bar is available at suites only at the Hilton Vienna.

In both rooms were artwork of Viennese landmarks.

With the upgrade to the Corner Junior Suite came Executive club lounge access.

The lounge on the 12th floor was divided into three rooms. Some gave views over the Stadtpark, others over the neighboring buildings.

When we arrived during Happy Hour wine, beer, vodka, sparkling wine and gin were served as well as alcohol free beverages. Appetizers included ham salad, curly fries, hamburgers and dessert Panna Cotta.

Breakfast was a choice between S’Parks and the club lounge. We chose the club lounge, because we thought it would be quieter there and we’d already tried the breakfast at S’parks during our first stay a few days earlier and decided it would be good to compare both offerings.

The breakfast was smaller of course, but included all essentials and had to my happiness more vegetables on offer, overall we felt well catered for and received throughout memorable service in a memorable and beautiful hotel in the heart of Vienna.

Would we stay here again? Yes, definitely. The staff is very friendly and efficient, the location, club lounge and restaurant are excellent. We enjoyed the comfort of our room/Junior Suite and the recognition as gold members was wonderful too. Good to know: the hotel through the concierge offers also reasonable priced luxury limousine airport transfers from/to the hotel.

Please see our uploads on Flickr [1st stay]:

Would we recommend this hotel to a friend? YES! ^
Would we want to stay again at this hotel in our future? YES! ^

Thank you and safe travels.
frmnj likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:43 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
S'parks Restaurant, Hilton Vienna, Austria

July 2016, Our two [2] dinner experiences

During our two stays at the Hilton Vienna in July 2016 we had each evening dinner at S'Parks.

The chef is Gerasimos Kavalieris and S'Parks has received 84 out of 100 points at the Falstaff Guide.

The restaurant is on the ground level of the Hilton and has a lot of space. It can be cleverly divided into smaller sections if necessary and makes it much smaller and intimate during dinner than it is during breakfast.

During the summer months outdoor seating is available too. We decided to sit inside, since it was air conditioned.

The interior is modern and there are very high floor to ceiling windows.

We were accompanied to our table and given the menu.

We ordered on both occasions a large bottle of still water and Preiss juices. The producer is Austrian and the fruits used are organic. We tried the two varieties available: apricot and Williams Christ pear. Since we loved the juices we looked for them in different shops in Vienna, but couldn't find them. S'Parks has a program to provide diners with specialities and rarities from Austria, called Genuss Region Oesterreich. Preiss juices belongs to it too.

On one of the evenings we had two hot chocolates.

We received different bread rolls and typical Austrian bread spreads.

We had two course meals, since the portions were generous.

Starters we tried were braised artichoke, tomato salad and mozzarella and scrambled eggs, Styrian organic pumpkin seed oil and meadow herbs.

Main courses were pan fried char filet, peas and romaine lettuce salad, tomato and mint, Krautfleckerl (cabbage pasta), a typical Austrian/Bavarian speciality I already knew from the home cooking of my mother, with green salad and Wiener Schnitzel with green salad and parsley potatoes.

Desserts we enjoyed were Kaiserschmarrn with plum sauce and apple strudel with vanilla ice cream. The Kaiserschmarrn could be made without raisins, since my fiancé is allergic to them.

Costs were ca. 80 Euro (ca. 87.50 USD) on both evenings.

We loved the quiet upscale atmosphere - there were other couples dining with us - but the majority wanted to sit outside, the attentive staff and the excellent quality of the meals.

When we will stay at the Hilton Vienna in the future we will eat at S'Parks again.

Please see our uploads on Flickr [1st dinner experience]:

Would we recommend this restaurant to a friend? YES! ^
Would we want to enjoy dinner at this restaurant in our future? YES! ^

Thank you and safe travels.
Old May 28, 2017, 12:15 am

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Any recent stays? Comments on diamond treatment?
Old May 28, 2017, 1:42 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by worldiswide
Yes I would would interested to hear this too, I'm here early August.
Old May 29, 2017, 7:44 pm

We are in Vienna the first of Sept and Hilton Vienna is available but both the Danube waterfront and the city hilton are sold out..any ideas on what's going on in the city?
Old May 30, 2017, 12:48 pm

Was there last week. Check in experience was poor, with Kathrin, an Austrian lass, appearing to be quite clueless. Was however upgraded to a Park Suite, which was very nice, albeit with a tiny bathroom and no separate shower (only tub). Lounge was OK, but nothing spectacular. The hotel's location is its selling point, IMO.
Old May 30, 2017, 8:09 pm

Thanks for the post. Location is important for us so that's good. A lounge is a plus even if it is not great.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 3:01 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I just came back from a two nights stay there. Booked a Junior Suite and was 'upgraded' to a better view, and they only had one on a lower floor. When I enquired whether they could actually upgrade me I was given a Penthouse Suite. Had lunch and dinner at S'Parks and enjoyed both very much - tasty food and attentive service. The lounge was OK (although I did not try any food but people seem to be able to make a dinner out what was on offer). I just had a glass of Prosecco before heading to dinner. A very pleasant stay. Location is great.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:19 pm

Definitely like your approach to upgrades. We have booked a junior suite as well so hope to have the same luck..

What is great about location. We will be leisure travelers arriving by rail into Vienna
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:26 am

Definitely like your approach to upgrades. We have booked a junior suite as well so hope to have the same luck..
Well, I don't really have an approach. I tend to book a category of the room that I actually want to stay in. In this situation, the check-in agent told me that there were no rooms in the category I booked on a high floor so I asked if she had any upgraded rooms on a high floor, which she did. I don't understand why they could not upgrade me without me asking but I guess whoever was pre-assigning rooms decided that a Junior Suite was already good enough...

I had pretty good upgrades at the property - a few Park Suite upgrades from a standard room.

What is great about location.
It is right next to the park and right next to CAT station (convenient for airport). And many sites/restaurants are within walking distance.

Last edited by Andriyko; Jun 7, 2017 at 8:40 am
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Any recent stays at this property ?
Thread has been dormant since 2017.

Hotel website says they are doing rennovations.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:46 am

I stayed here last weekend. Yes, I read about the room renovations but did not notice or heard anything. Was pre-upgraded to an Executive room, but asked if they had something nicer at the front desk and was given a Junior Suite with no problem. The agent also gave me a drink coupon. The rooms are in a very decent shape, so not sure what exactly they are renovating. Did not bother to go to breakfast but had lunch at the restaurant and the food/service were very nice, as expected. Excellent hotel and excellent stay overall.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: HH D
Does anyone remember what time are the Executive lounge offerings in the evening?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
Originally Posted by Garina
Does anyone remember what time are the Executive lounge offerings in the evening?
The executive lounge has afternoon snacks between 3-5 and then the nightly offerings are 6-8:30.
Garina likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
renovations are ongoing till Summer 2020. Currently only Floor 11 is refurbished, floors 7-10 and 13-14 are entirely closed.
no breakfast in the lounge. there is a sign "to serve you better please enjoy the breakfast in the restaurant."

afternoon snacks are tiny cake pieces, strudel and breadrolls with sausage, evening snacks last Saturday were a potato gratin, cheese platter, and a few salads. nothing to write home about it.
restlessinRNO likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.