Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at San Francisco Airport SFO, California {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels at San Francisco Airport SFO, California {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
How about the Hilton SFO Airport Bayfront in regards to shuttle service reliability/frequency past midnight ?
That's the same shuttle used for the adjoining parking lot. From their site (the phone listed is for Hilton):

Complimentary continues shuttle service to and from the San Francisco Airport - Every 20 Minutes between 4:00am - 1:00am (For after-hour pick ups contact us at 650 340 8500).
http://www.parkbap.com/
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Homewood Suites SFO Airport OR Hampton Inn Daly City

Hello,

Have a 5n/6d trip planned in and around San Francisco around New Years. We are 3 adults and 1 kid primarily visiting as a tourist. We will be driving down from Portland in our car.

We plan to be in downtown and main tourist sites for about 3 days with other 2 days going around the bay area. Checked multiple Hilton properties to redeem points and possibly hotels with free / reasonable parking fees (and breakfast). I am HH Gold, but usually that guarantees breakfast only for 2 ppl.

Seems the Homewood Suites SFO Airport North & Hampton Inn Daly City are the decent options. Homewood seems to have a indoor pool and more space including a kitchen which is nice, whereas Hampton location seems better for sightseeing. Reviews for Homewood stays tend to vary a lot on TA whereas Hampton seems to have better reviews.

Traveling by car from both properties to Union Square seems to take similar time. Am ok to pay parking fees, but sfo properties seem to charge between USD 50-80 per night and when its 5 nights, it adds up.

Thoughts and reco appreciated.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:35 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
There are so many Hilton properties in SF area and in particular the airport your best bet is to shop on price and then look at the TA reviews for red flags.

Absent any major red flags in TA I'd always take a Homewood Suites over a Hampton Inn.

Neil

P.S. I know it's not on your list but I've stayed at the Embassy Suites in South SF several times and don't recommend it.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by missamo80
There are so many Hilton properties in SF area and in particular the airport your best bet is to shop on price and then look at the TA reviews for red flags.

Absent any major red flags in TA I'd always take a Homewood Suites over a Hampton Inn.

Neil

P.S. I know it's not on your list but I've stayed at the Embassy Suites in South SF several times and don't recommend it.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.. Embassy Suites was not in my list since they were taking parking charges and I am trying to avoid that if possible.

Wrt price (points), difference between the Homewood in airport and Hampton in Daly city is about 30k points over 5 nights, so not a huge difference.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:03 pm

Best Option for San Francisco Layover (overnight)

What is the best SFO Hilton brand to stay at for a quick over night stay? Our flight is scheduled to arrive at SFO at 9:40pm and we have a flight that leaves the next day at 12:30pm. Obviously we won't have time to experience anything in San Francisco so looking to just stay close to the airport. It looks like we have 2 Double Trees, 2 Embassy Suites, 2 HGI, a Homewood Suites, and a Hilton Bayfront (looks dated though) to choose from so wondering which one is recommended the most. We have Diamond Status also if that matters. Our traveling party will be 2 adults (mom and dad) and 2 kids (boy-16 and girl-12).
Old Mar 21, 2018, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Jenn0625
What is the best SFO Hilton brand to stay at for a quick over night stay? Our flight is scheduled to arrive at SFO at 9:40pm and we have a flight that leaves the next day at 12:30pm. Obviously we won't have time to experience anything in San Francisco so looking to just stay close to the airport. It looks like we have 2 Double Trees, 2 Embassy Suites, 2 HGI, a Homewood Suites, and a Hilton Bayfront (looks dated though) to choose from so wondering which one is recommended the most. We have Diamond Status also if that matters. Our traveling party will be 2 adults (mom and dad) and 2 kids (boy-16 and girl-12).
For a stay like this, I usually go by pricing.
Tie breakers would be how much points per $ (5 points vs 10 points), the welcome gift (1,000 vs 750 vs 250), lounge, breakfast etc.
Experience is not a big factor.
Properties that comes with complimentary shuttle also gets high considerations.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 5:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
There are 10s of Hilton properties around the airport. Shop by price then look at tripadvisor just to ensure it isn't a total stinker of a hotel. For one night they basically all blend together.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by PayItForward
For a stay like this, I usually go by pricing.
Tie breakers would be how much points per $ (5 points vs 10 points), the welcome gift (1,000 vs 750 vs 250), lounge, breakfast etc.
Experience is not a big factor.
Properties that comes with complimentary shuttle also gets high considerations.
Thank you for your response. We are planning on using points for our one night stay and it looks as if they are all pretty much in the same point area (40k-50k). All of the ones I mentioned do show to have airport shuttle, which is a must for us. I agree experience is not a factor here but overall appearance and good service is (comparatively speaking). Since we won't have access to a car we will be a the mercy of the hotel for food. I think any way we go, being diamond, breakfast will be included, but staying at one that has some late night possibilities would be a plus (since we most likely would be getting there past 10pm). I think I have narrowed it down to either of the 2 Double Tree locations or Embassy Suites. I know one of the E.S. is currently under lobby reconstruction right now and is getting pretty bad reviews, but we are not going until June so I think that will be complete by then and might be a bonus if the remodel is nice? Ugh I can't decide!
Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Order pizza or Grubhub delivered to room. Problem of hotel restaurant solved. Now buy based on price.
missamo80 and Jenn0625 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jenn0625
Thank you for your response. We are planning on using points for our one night stay and it looks as if they are all pretty much in the same point area (40k-50k). All of the ones I mentioned do show to have airport shuttle, which is a must for us. I agree experience is not a factor here but overall appearance and good service is (comparatively speaking). Since we won't have access to a car we will be a the mercy of the hotel for food. I think any way we go, being diamond, breakfast will be included, but staying at one that has some late night possibilities would be a plus (since we most likely would be getting there past 10pm). I think I have narrowed it down to either of the 2 Double Tree locations or Embassy Suites. I know one of the E.S. is currently under lobby reconstruction right now and is getting pretty bad reviews, but we are not going until June so I think that will be complete by then and might be a bonus if the remodel is nice? Ugh I can't decide!
For late night arrivals, check airport for food options before you leave (1) air-side (2) land-side.
I have frequently bought food before I leave airports when I have late arrivals and did not feel like exploring / venturing around for food
SFO has many options
https://www.flysfo.com/shop-dine-relax/dining
Jenn0625 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I usually stay at one of the Burlingame properties because I prefer the location on the Bay and based upon a number of bad experiences at the north properties. All things being equal I usually choose the DT Burlingame or the Hilton Bayfront. I usually eat at Kincaids which is on the Bay close to the Hilton (walkable to the DT or ES), unfortunately it will probably be closed when you arrive.
brown069 and Jenn0625 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I usually stay at one of the Burlingame properties because I prefer the location on the Bay and based upon a number of bad experiences at the north properties. All things being equal I usually choose the DT Burlingame or the Hilton Bayfront. I usually eat at Kincaids which is on the Bay close to the Hilton (walkable to the DT or ES), unfortunately it will probably be closed when you arrive.
I use the Hilton Bayfront: Good shuttle, nice views from high-floor rooms, executive lounge, decent gym, and pretty bayfront for an evening walk.
brown069 and Jenn0625 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Leann's Cafe is open 24 hours. It's in front of the Red Roof Inn and walking distance from the Doubletree or Embassy Suites, and 4/10th of a mile from the Hilton. Nothing fancy, but I've has salads, burgers and pasta there before at reasonable prices when I've stayed in the area.
Leann?s Cafe ? 24 Hour Restaurant in Burlingame, CA
Jenn0625 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:29 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
I've stayed at nearly all of those properties within the last 3 years or so. Looks like Kincaid's closes at 9PM every night and 10PM Friday, so you're out of luck on that. There's not a whole lot around either the north or south properties that will likely be open that time of night, by the time you ride shuttles and so on, so I agree with the previous advice that either you eat before leaving the airport or you choose a hotel with a restaurant/bar that may still be open (Doubletree south and Bayfront Hilton). SFO has enough redeyes that restaurants should still be open at that hour at the airport. Obviously Embassy Suites or Homewood will get you breakfast for the entire family, whereas the others might only give you 2 breakfasts. I wouldn't recommend the SF Bayfront Hilton as a diamond because the lounge breakfast is eggs plus one other hot item, and also my past two stays at the SF Bayfront Hilton I have received no upgrades despite plenty of space available. If you want to go out walking / jogging the next morning before heading to the airport pick one of the south / Burlingame properties because there's a running trail that runs all along there, whereas the north properties are more like a corporate park.
Jenn0625 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
You could easily BART into the city and stay at the Parc 55. It's a 28 minute ride and the hotel is a 3 minute walk from Powell BART.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.