Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Washington, District of Columbia {US-DC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Washington, District of Columbia {US-DC}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2004, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Arrow DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Washington, District of Columbia {US-DC}

Posts older than 2016 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for DISCUSSION Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near Washington, District of Columbia

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 25, 2017 at 2:13 pm
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by amanuensis
I see that a new HI will be opening next month near the Navy Yard. http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hot...YHX/index.html When anyone stays there, please post a review. It is slightly better located for my work needs than my default hotel -- the Reagan/Crystal City HI.
Checking again today, I saw that the Raddison adjacent to the Reagan Airport/Crystal City Hampton Inn is becoming a HGI this summer. This is great news for me.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by amanuensis
Checking again today, I saw that the Raddison adjacent to the Reagan Airport/Crystal City Hampton Inn is becoming a HGI this summer. This is great news for me.
I hope they do some serious refurbishment; it's pretty worn down. It was OK for a cheap night when I stayed there this past weekend, but compared to the newer HGI I've stayed in... not as good.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 12:59 pm

Recc near Dulles Airport (IAD)?

What's your preferred Hilton family property near Dulles Airport?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:32 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
A search by thread title on "Dulles" will net you six threads with lots of recommendations.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:40 am

But to answer your question, the Hilton Dulles on route 28.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I agree of the Hilton properties, the Hilton Dulles is the best and on the weekends there are pretty good rates. I have stayed here a LOT over the past several years. Also, as a Diamond I always get some sort of upgrade when I book a regular room (over 50% to the junior suite). I really like their junior suite set-up as its a very spacious room so when the rates are low I will often just book it myself.

The only negative to this hotel is that there is typically a bit of a walk to your room as its only 5 stories and it has a circular outlay and it is a pretty sizable hotel. Not a big deal, but if you hate dragging a ton of luggage down a long seemingly never ending carpeted hallway you might want to grab a luggage cart or get assistance.

Also if you are driving in from I-66 on Route 28, its similar to the Hyatt Dulles in that if you see if, you have missed your exit as its tucked in behind a complex.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Second the Hilton Dulles. Also has an exec lounge with a pretty good spread and Lynn is awesome. Make sure you choose a room not overlooking the freeway and airport (best for me are on the inside of the semi-circle).
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: UA Gold, VX Gold, AA PLT, DL Gold, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by EWR-6785
What's your preferred Hilton family property near Dulles Airport?
HGI Dulles North, off Loudoun County Parkway. I stay there once a week when I'm in the DC area. In fact, I'm here today.

Of course, if convenience to IAD is what matters, the Hilton Dulles off McLearen and 28 wins.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Hampton Inn Silver Spring

Hello everyone. Has anyone recently stayed at the Hampton Inn on 8728 Colesville Road in Silver Spring, Maryland? My daughter attends Bowling Green State University and was chosen to participate in the school's Career Center Networking Spring Break trip.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:08 pm

Hi,

I'm currently looking at the
1. Capitol Hilton
2. Hilton Garden Inn
3. Embassy suites

Does anyone have a preference on these?
Important to me
1. Ease of access to Metro and proximity to National Landmarks since we're there to see all of them
2. Breakfast/Meal Options
3. Diamond member perks
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by cwang238
Hi,

I'm currently looking at the
1. Capitol Hilton
2. Hilton Garden Inn
3. Embassy suites

Does anyone have a preference on these?
Important to me
1. Ease of access to Metro and proximity to National Landmarks since we're there to see all of them
2. Breakfast/Meal Options
3. Diamond member perks
Which HGI and ES are you talking about? The West End ("Georgetown" - except not) ones?

How do the prices compare? (Assuming that money matters to you, but if it didn't, I don't know why you'd be staying at Hilton properties in DC ).
Old Jul 5, 2016, 2:03 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Is there anything big going on in/ around Washington mid August?- apart from summer busy season?
I have written to and emailed Washington Hilton but no reply, its virtually sold out, and I wondered if someone "local" has better knowledge?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by Skimanant
Is there anything big going on in/ around Washington mid August?- apart from summer busy season? I have written to and emailed Washington Hilton but no reply, its virtually sold out, and I wondered if someone "local" has better knowledge?
What precise dates are you looking at?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 5:36 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by Skimanant
Is there anything big going on in/ around Washington mid August?- apart from summer busy season?
I have written to and emailed Washington Hilton but no reply, its virtually sold out, and I wondered if someone "local" has better knowledge?
DC is no different than NYC - conventions, tourists, etc. can cause hotel prices to vary wildly from week to week. That's prime tourist season too... folks taking a vacation right before the kids head back to school. So not too terribly surprising... one week could be $400 the next week could be $160.

On another note... if you end up at the Washington Hilton take a stroll down to Bub n Pops for lunch, on M St by Connecticut (on the other side of Dupont Circle so a few blocks).. best sammiches in DC!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.