Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Washington, District of Columbia {US-DC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Washington, District of Columbia {US-DC}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Chukiechz
We had a reservation for the week between Christmas and New Years at the upcoming Washington DC National Mall. Just got an email that due to construction delays, they wont be opening in time for our stay.

They rebooked my family at the Canopy for the same rate (150K for 6 nights).

Is this a good hotel location wise for tourists? I wasnt going to rent a car for the week because of the crazy parking rates, so we're going to rely on public transportation more and grab a car when we need to go far.
The Canopy/Wharf complex have a complimentary shuttle that takes you to the National Mall. And you can then explore the mall area/or catch the metro. We stayed at the Canopy and had no problem exploring/getting to where we needed to go in terms of site seeing.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Chukiechz
Is this a good hotel location wise for tourists? I wasnt going to rent a car for the week because of the crazy parking rates, so we're going to rely on public transportation more and grab a car when we need to go far.
Originally Posted by CMK10
Honestly, no. You're too far from the major sights and it's not really near any Metro stations.
Um, ok, right...though I guess "far" is a term that is up to personal interpretation, but Uber is dirt cheap in DC most of the time.
Attached Images   
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like it might be a pretty decent location, and the reviews of the hotel so far seem to be all above average.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Um, ok, right...though I guess "far" is a term that is up to personal interpretation, but Uber is dirt cheap in DC most of the time.
You're right it is, but in the winter minimizing walks of nearly a mile each way is something I like to do when I'm traveling.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA GS; Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott, Hyatt; Hertz
Noise Cancelling Windows in DC?

Does anyone know of any Hilton properties with truly soundproof or, better yet, noise cancelling windows in DC (like the ones in the Hilton properties at the Frankfurt airport)?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Looking for an HH property within 30 minutes of DC with an indoor pool and hot tub. Prefer DT and up but open to all suggestions. Help appreciated thanks
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Looking for an HH property within 30 minutes of DC with an indoor pool and hot tub. Prefer DT and up but open to all suggestions. Help appreciated thanks
Seems like you should be able to do a search on an OLTA site and screen for this. Maybe even on Hilton's site?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by hotturnip
Seems like you should be able to do a search on an OLTA site and screen for this. Maybe even on Hilton's site?
I got all excited to see a reply and this. Gee thanks . The website does not address hot tubs but thank you for playing.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:28 am

DC is a pretty big city. Saying, "within half an hour" is too vague. Within half an hour of what landmark in DC? Half an hour as measured by driving a car, making the subway, or what? Hint, it is often faster to use MetroRail than it is to drive.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:59 pm

I got all excited to see a reply and this. Gee thanks . The website does not address hot tubs but thank you for playing.
Well I settled on the HGI on 14th St for this trip and was not disappointed. Everyone at the property was pleasant and helpful, breakfast was great and extended to two rooms for Diamond, for dinner the inhouse restaurant and bar were good, and the gym and pool were as well. FYI there is no standalone hot tub but the heated pool has a nook with seats where many of the inlets are and it gets pretty warm there.

Expensive at $400 per night for a "suite" (think Embassy without the inner door), and $47 to park but that is DC during peak times.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Well I settled on the HGI on 14th St for this trip and was not disappointed. Everyone at the property was pleasant and helpful, breakfast was great and extended to two rooms for Diamond, for dinner the inhouse restaurant and bar were good, and the gym and pool were as well. FYI there is no standalone hot tub but the heated pool has a nook with seats where many of the inlets are and it gets pretty warm there.

Expensive at $400 per night for a "suite" (think Embassy without the inner door), and $47 to park but that is DC during peak times.
IMO, Absolutely the best property in DC. Right across the street from McPherson metro stop which has 3 lines. Cooked to order breakfast free for gold and diamonds. Right around the corner on I street is Pennsylvania 6 restaurant. Happy hour from 5 to 7 PM with one dollar raw oysters 👍. On a nice day you can sit outside. As a bonus, there is a Five Guys right across the street. Need I say more 🙂

Can be pricey at times but it is great experience. Some of the best front desk staff I have run across. Very accommodating and friendly
Old Sep 15, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Hilton Honors
Any recent thoughts on the Embassy Suites Georgetown (which is really closer to Dupont, I know) vs Embassy Suites convention center? Quality of rooms, friendliness of staff, quality of breakfast and other amenities.

I usually travel to DC for work, and know the city pretty well, but I'm going over President's break with my two girls and am looking for something with a two-room suite. I've stayed at some of the other suites hotels in the convention center area, and like them. I just figure a pool would be good, and ES are good for family travel.

Thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2020, 7:30 am

Programs: United GS MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Any recent experiences with the Canopy Embassy Row? Considering staying there for a long weekend and wondering about quality of rooms, quality of staff, ability to get late check-out, etc.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by JLSocks
Any recent experiences with the Canopy Embassy Row? Considering staying there for a long weekend and wondering about quality of rooms, quality of staff, ability to get late check-out, etc.
I think that property just flipped from being an independent hotel very recently so I haven't heard much. When are you planning to stay and how is it pricing compared to other options?
Old Feb 28, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: United GS MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by arlflyer
I think that property just flipped from being an independent hotel very recently so I haven't heard much. When are you planning to stay and how is it pricing compared to other options?
I am considering a stay next weekend. It seems priced reasonably at $180/night, but there are other known options (Marriott and HIlton) out there priced around the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.