Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Washington, District of Columbia {US-DC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Washington, District of Columbia {US-DC}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:19 pm

Has anyone stayed at both the Madison and the Darcy and can compare?

I've got a five day work stay coming up and need to choose between the two. I liked the Darcy back when it was the Doubletree, but haven't stayed since the rebranding. The Madison is almost $100/night cheaper, though.

Last edited by lss250; Oct 29, 2017 at 4:47 pm
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: DL GM / HH DIAMOND / IHG PlatAmb / AB Silv
Hi I am planing a stay in DC for this upcoming Friday. Any suggestions on the hotel? I am a diamond member and was considering either the Capitol Hilton / The Madison or the Canopy Wharf.
Any information about the included breakfast on either of those properties?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
If breakfast is important i would avoid the Capitol Hilton. They have a lightly manned breakfast room for Diamond and Gold members that is not access controlled and becomes a bit of a scrum/free for all.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by najrob
Hi I am planing a stay in DC for this upcoming Friday. Any suggestions on the hotel? I am a diamond member and was considering either the Capitol Hilton / The Madison or the Canopy Wharf.
Any information about the included breakfast on either of those properties?
I say, give the Canopy Wharf a try and come back with a full report for us! I was there opening weekend and checked out the common areas and bar, but have not stayed. And I'm not aware of any reports on FT yet. Take one for the team and give us the scoop!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:32 am

I'm sorry I already booked into the Madison as its closer to where my meetings will take place and the google reviews were pretty much equal. But I am happy to give an update on the Madison after my stay :-)
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
I was searching through old posts here for recommendations on a DC stay upcoming (bringing the kids and wife this time), sounds like Embassy Suites Convention Center might be the best bet for access to Smithsonian, etc. and have the usual ES breakfast/big family room benefits.

Anyone have any hints on other family friendly properties they like in DC proper they'd like to chime in with? I've stayed at the ES Embassy Row area and the ES Convention Center before, and some of the Hamptons on the beltway, but it's been a couple years.
TDM
My July stay at the Crystal City HGI was awesome. It was an award stay, but even a revenue stay will probably be less expensive than in the District. This is a family-friendly hotel right across the street from the Metro (station is beneath the Marriott), and free breakfast for Diamonds.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by spartacus
My July stay at the Crystal City HGI was awesome. It was an award stay, but even a revenue stay will probably be less expensive than in the District. This is a family-friendly hotel right across the street from the Metro (station is beneath the Marriott), and free breakfast for Diamonds.
Sounds like a good alternative. I just want to chime in to say that I stayed at the Capitol Hilton a couple of months back, with a minor problem that I mentioned at checkout and in a survey. The general manager reached out to me with a (fair) offer of a modest amount of points for compensation. As for breakfast, the lounge was not particularly busy at all when I was there, and I found the selection of fresh eggs, not reheated, plus (real) bacon fine. The attendant wasn't there the entire time, but he was around enough that I noticed his presence. I have heard something about getting a Diamond discount on the restaurant buffet, which is otherwise outrageously expensive, but this was not at all mentioned to me at check-in. I paid 60K per night, which though steep was still a better buy than $300 out of pocket.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:58 pm

Ok so I stayed at the Madison and it was an okay stay. They did not recognize my diamond status until after I asked if they had any upgrades available and the service overall was very slow. Later in the day I asked about late checkout and breakfast. They first offered 30 mins (which to me was a joke) and then offered 2 hrs which fit perfectly in my schedule. It took them two calls with the back office to figure that out though. Front desk did not know anything about the diamond breakfast and I had to go to the restaurant and talk to the shift leader to figure it out: its either the continental breakfast (cereal, juice, coffee, small pastries) or $15 discount when ordering from the menu (coffee is $4 and most items around $17) so to me this was actually the better deal.

The room (Junior Suite) was nice but nothing really special. It was nicely decorated - the only thing that confused me was the fridge they placed in the middle of the room (sometime in the afternoon, idk why and I didn't feel like asking). Minibar was filled and nice.

Hotel nicely decorated for Christmas.
Overall I would say 3 out of 5 stars. In the future I would probably only they there if its a really good price otherwise try something else.
Went by the InterContinental The Wharf to meet up with a friend and we were offered a tour and the hotel looks really nice (just FYI).
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
HGI Reagan National Airport Review:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...l-airport.html
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
Any recommendations on Hilton vs Doubletree vs HGI for Reagan / Crystal City area?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by manord
Any recommendations on Hilton vs Doubletree vs HGI for Reagan / Crystal City area?
Check pricing. There can be big rate disparities between them. None warrants a significant price premium IMHO.

There's a Hampton down there too that's perfectly nice.

Stay duration and reason for your trip could also come into play.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by manord
The Doubletree is ok. That said, I much prefer to stay a bit South of that at the Old Town Alexandria Hilton which is a nice Hilton and right next to the King Street Metro Station (and Amtrak is just up the hill)
HomerJay likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Posted this in the upcoming hotels thread, but lots of newly opened and upcoming Hilton properties to DC.

In addition to the new Tapestry Collection (The Graham) , the Madison Hilton, The Canopy the Wharf and the upcoming Conrad Washington DC and the Hilton National Mall, another new Curio Collection is coming to Georgetown.

The Latham Georgetown, a Curio Collection is set to open by the Spring of 2019 at 3000 M St. NW in Georgetown.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by bcosinteno
The Latham Georgetown, a Curio Collection is set to open by the Spring of 2019 at 3000 M St. NW in Georgetown.
Oh, nice! I'd been following the site plans and progress from a distance when articles popped up, but didn't know it was going to be Hilton-flagged. That's a great option and I'm sure they'll command a serious price premium for that property. Hopefully they can get at least one decent dining establishment on-property there as well.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Check pricing. There can be big rate disparities between them. None warrants a significant price premium IMHO.

There's a Hampton down there too that's perfectly nice.

Stay duration and reason for your trip could also come into play.
Thanks. They are alll roughly the same price. It would be for a single night stay. It's a business trip - I will be driving to the hotel with a rental car, after arriving into DCA.

Do any of these hotels win or lose - especially in terms of cleanliness, modern/outdated rooms, quality of bed & room? Or are they all in the same ballpark of quality?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.