Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:59 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by puchong
Interesting how opinions vary; I have always found the CDG Hilton breakfast buffet to be uninspiring, especially when compared to the competition (e.g. the CDG Marriott, which I love)
It used to be decent years ago; but for several years now, it's been so basic that it reminded me of the sorry excuse for lounges I'd encounter with some poorly-aged Hilton properties in the US at the time.

The hotel has always been good about giving me rather large rooms as a Hilton Gold or Diamond and in giving me status benefits even on Priceline/Hotwire type "opaque" bookings. But other than that, it's a hotel that does need some kind of work to get back to being as good as it used to be.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Recently stayed one night at Hilton CDG before an early morning departure. While my guestroom was large and newly renovated, it was sparsely furnished to the point that much of the space was wasted. The bathroom, while in good shape, had not been refurbished and therefore appeared somewhat outdated. In-room WiFi connection was very spotty.

The executive lounge was easily the most disappointing I've ever encountered in Europe. The lone attendant would bring out a small amount of food, guests would pounce on it, and then nothing was replenished for 15 or 20 minutes. At one point, the attendant brought out hamburger sliders, and an obnoxious group took the entire platter to their table. The lounge was not even half full, so I can't imagine what it would be like on a busy evening. There were two wines on offer--one red and one white--both embarassingly cheap.

Everything was acceptable for the price paid, I suppose, but there's certainly nothing special about this property, even as airport hotels go.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:17 am
Original Member

Programs: AccorHotels finished, Honors Plat, MeliaRewards Gold, SPG dead, AF Frequence+ forever
Another sad review on CDG Hilton

Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

Map| 3 Reviews | 33% Recommended

Roissypole, Rue de Rome, BP16461 Roissy CDG Cedex Roissy-en-France, FR 95708

Another sad review on CDG Hilton (0 Photo)

I have stayed twice this year for a layover, once for business, once with my wife for leisure.

Overall impression of this hotel: they do not care about customers, probably because they assume customers won't return anyway...

Very disappointed!

Check In

Shuttle: every 30 min to/from terminal 2 (NOT terminal 1). This not enough.

Check-in was good, was upgraded to Executive room as Gold and shown executive lounge. 

Room

Refurbished 8th floor Executive room. Nice furniture, 2 bottles of water, in-room tea/coffee making. Low light at night if you want to read or (worse) write. Good sleep.

Bathroom with shower in tub: even refurbished, looks dated. Poor amenities (gel, shampoo, cap).

Service

Correct at check-in counter

Average at the bar

Minimum at the lounge

NO SERVICE (100% self service) for breakfast

Dining

Bar: had a hot snack and drinks at the bar. Long wait, my wife had (an almost cold) fish & chips. Fish was made with paper. I had a warm onion soup made with onions (lucky one!).

Cockails ok and expensive.

Breakfast: 100% self service, get your own table and coffee (i.e. queue at the machine). Limited choice of danish pastries, liquid scrambled eggs with bacon. Fruit salad fresh out of the tin. Some fresh fruit. That's it! The worse breakfast I ever had at a Hilton in Europe. Icing on the cake: plastic tea spoons!!

Lounge: breakfast is the same as at the restaurant, same spoons, without eggs and bacon.

Evening: just beer and cheap white and red "Pays d'Oc" French low range wines. If you like them, you can find them in supermarkets for €2-4. Some sandwiches (cold cuts) and mini-pizza. Open for competition for the worst lounge in Europe! Seats and sofas are comfortable anyway!

Not a hotel for tourists: 45 min minimum from hotel to/from central Paris using a 'RER' (rapid transit) line where your safety is not guaranteed, especially after 7.00pm. Prefer the "Roissybus", which takes you from Opéra in 50 min (outside peak hours).

Nice view from top floors for plane spotters!

Overall

If you get a rate lower than €100 when hotel is empty and get upgraded, it can be a good deal! Other 2*/3* hotels can be more expensive. But you get a 4* room with bad service.

HILTON EUROPE, what are you doing?

Another sad review on CDG Hilton

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:27 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport - OK in general, but poor breakfast

Map| 3 Reviews | 33% Recommended

Roissypole, Rue de Rome, BP16461 Roissy CDG Cedex Roissy-en-France, FR 95708

OK in general, but poor breakfast (0 Photo)

Check In

I did not use the online check-in with the app.  I was helped a couple of mins arriving at the front desk.  Nothing special other than was done within 5 mins and off to my room.

Room

I was not told at check-in, but I was upgraded from a deluxe room to a Twin Bed executive level room.  Room was spacious with lots of open area.  For a Hilton hotel, this did make the room a bit bare, but I guess better this than a cramped room. The room is a renovated one.  For me as usual, I find Hilton's furnishing to be rather bland and boring in general, which is typically what I felt of this room.  However everything functioned as needed. 

I was given a Wifi code, but since I could not read the handwriting of the code, I just used the normal one which was OK from both speed and connectivity point of view.

Temperature control was good, and it seem to work as expected.

Only complain would be the curtains, which did not close completely due to the railings not working as expected, especially if everyone can see into each other's room even with the first thin curtain due to the design of the building.

View was towards the other rooms and partially another office complex and partial airport view.

Service

In general service was on a weaker side. The only friendly staff were mainly at the front desk and in the Executive lounge.  Other than that, all other staff was there just to earn a living and that's all.  Had an early knock from housekeeping (ok, I did not hang the DND sign, but still was surprised to get one at that hour and even though answering, they still entered the room, blocked luckily by the door chain).

Dining

Breakfast as mentioned by others is the weakest chain of this property.  There was a line (even though the breakfast area was not overly crowded) for someone to check you in and bring you to your seat.  Waited for about 10 mins before my turn.  Weirdly a lot of staff, but looks like most were in training or kitchen staff and only 1 proper staff for working with guests.

Spread was simple, basically something you expect at a Holiday Inn or Courtyard, not really a Hilton standard. I would not pay more than 10 Euro for the breakfast.  Refilling was slow, so quite a lot of items (including bread) was out and not refilled.

No offer of any drinks upon being brought to the seat and no offer of order to cook eggs. I did request for cook to order eggs later, but they never emerged.  Did not bother to follow up. Plates not collected from the table.  Again very strange as there seem to be quite a number of staff, but all seem to be kitchen only staff and not proper servers - at least from how their behave and what they did.  Did notice a guy that seems to be in charge, but he was also mainly in the kitchen, appeared a few times, but only for a few mins outside around the buffett area and back into the kitchen.

For those with lounge access, I would just have the breakfast in the lounge as they have hot food (not sure if you could do cook to order eggs) and the server in the lounge seems a bit more willing to serve or take request.

Good location for those with an early morning departure or late arrival flight.  However not really much cheaper if you plan to use this property to go up and down to Paris downtown (due to the expensive fare even with the public transportation).  Easily reached via the CDGVAL train from the different terminals to Roissypole and than a quick 5-10 mins walk to the property.  There is a shuttle provided (looks to be complimentary).

Overall

In general, an OK hotel if you need to be in the CDG area.  Other than that nothing really outstanding.  In my opinion, this is more of a Doubletree or Hilton Garden Inn standard rather than a Hilton.  Will only stay here if the price is right, don't think it is worth more than 130-150 Euro with breakfast, if not might not be value for money.

Bathroom

The toilet seem to be the only non-renovated part of the room.  There was a separate bath tub and shower area.  In general a spacious area.  Only improvement would be to the water pressure, which was weak and the temperature, which was best luke warm even at the highest setting.  It also took some time to get it to that temperature.  Other than that, toiletries were as Hilton standard.

OK in general, but poor breakfast

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:51 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,
I did a review of this property via the Expert hotel review. Not sure why you can't do that here anymore, but will post a summary of my stay.
As a Diamond (earned the normal way), was upgraded only to a Twin Bed Executive level room.
Other than this, nothing more offered. I was too late for the Executive lounge happy hour, so can't comment on this.
Breakfast - as mentioned repeatedly by so many other posters, for a Hilton, this leaves a lot to be desired. From quality and spread point of view, just not up to the Hilton standard. I would just have the breakfast in the lounge (very close to what is offered in the main restaurant incld the hot items). I could not even get my order to cook egg.
Staff: in general most of them are not service oriented. Best you can get out with some level of service oriented behavior are the front desk (even that is based on how lucky you are) and at least the server in the lounge for that day.

I will not pay more than 150 Euro max for this place with breakfast incld (if you have breakfast with your status, not more than 120 Euro).

Cheers!
AndDee likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: Some
Just had a quick overnight stay here given the Sheraton was pricing at about EUR 250 for the night and went in with very low expectations having read the reviews above but actually, didn't find the hotel to be bad at all for the price I paid.

Checked in around 11pm and received the same King Deluxe Refurbished room I had booked (having dropped to Gold I wasn't expecting an upgrade and it seems like all an Executive Room would have given me is being on the 8th rather than 7th floor and access to lounge I had no intention of using).

The room was spotlessly clean and well maintained, nice bedding, excellent soundproofing and a very good size for a European airport hotel. The refurbished decor isn't high end but is perfectly nice and whilst the bathrooms are a generation older they are relatively high quality - it's also very nice to get a decent sized separate shower cubicle with good water pressure.

Whilst I thought the hard product was mostly very good, the soft product is where this hotel probably lets itself down - the breakfast as has been remarked above is nothing special and probably more fitting for a limited service property, equally the hotel doesn't provide a few of the little things that explain why I would normally book a full service hotel (e.g. slippers in the rooms). Staff were very polite but a lot of the hotel has quite a 'limited service' feel with e.g. no table service of anything at breakfast or even seemingly in the hotel bar.

Overall, I'd probably stay again assuming the price wasn't too far above EUR 100 a night given the convenience factor and the fact that physically there is nothing wrong with the hotel. As long as you don't go in expecting this to be a 5 star hotel it's perfectly fine though, I thought.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA silver, Accor platinum, HH silver, M&M
Probable the Worst Hilton I ever been. Going there every
3 month, lounge buffet can be a disaster... But who's coming back anyway ?
Sylvest941 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by David buick
Probable the Worst Hilton I ever been. Going there every
3 month, lounge buffet can be a disaster... But who's coming back anyway ?
Obviously you are, as do I. Agree that the breakfast (in the restaurant) is pretty poor as are the lounge food offerings, either AM or PM.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:32 pm

Nothing has changed at this property. The updated room is nice with the clock having the sole USB port in the room. Breakfast and Lounge food is still a disappointment with one tray of food and nothing else for 30 minutes, they brought out a burnt cheese pizza. Everyone mentioned how bad the breakfast was but i took it with a grain of salt, but its bad. I ended up eating just a croissant and cappuccino and walked out the restaurant. But the hotel looks very nice and the staff was pleasant.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
One night stay 1st Jan 2019

Hi,

I stayed here 1 night on 1st Jan 2019 prior to a flight to Tokyo.

It is a short walk from the Roissypole CDGVAL station with its shuttle to T1 and T2 . The roissypole station has a Marks & spencers food shop and a cake/sandwich/pastry/coffee shop.
There werre often luggage trollies parked just outside the hotel.
Checkin was quick friendly and efficient and was given a room on the 8th floor.
The room was large, comfortable and reasonably well appointed.

I arrived too late for the evening snocks but was able to get a coffee and soft drinks from the lounge ( ground floor)
Bed was comfortable with good blackout curtains and soundproofing.

As others have mentioned the breakfast in the lounge was a little dissapointing ( the scrambled eggs tasted powdery ) but were hot. and other selections were limited but adequate.

I did not get an upgrade but was able to get a 4pm check out with no problems.

The fitness centre ( open 24hrs) and the pool ( open till noon then 2-8pm )-with a lifeguard were pretty good. The pool is a liitle on the small side but was able to swim lengths.

Overall not a bad stay

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Tranport from Hotel to Orly Airport

will be arriving late on a Thursday evening on a flight into CDG from MAN.
The following morning we have to catch a flight from ORLY, as there is no Hilton and actually not much else hotel wise at Orly, contemplating a rewards stay here and an early morning journey to Orly.

Just wondered if anyone has experience of doing this?

The flight on the Friday morning leaves Orly around 10:30, so travel from this property would be in the Friday morning rush hour.
On that basis I was thinking the RER to Antony and then the Orlyval to the airport, rather than the bus between airports or a taxi.

Any thoughts on how much time to allow?

Last edited by adobbing; Feb 26, 2019 at 12:56 pm
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Stayed one night here a week ago. Check-in efficient (for France). Upgraded from King to King Executive Plus Newly Renovated (anyone seen a longer room category name?). Rooms renovated since previous stay some 5 years ago. Executive Lounge some steps up from Lobby floor, opposite Front Desk. Lounge offerings rather meagre, red plonk drinkable. Restaurant BF buffet unimpressive but for bread and youghurt. Hotel airport shuttle runs every half hour, worked fine for me both ways.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:40 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by adobbing
will be arriving late on a Thursday evening on a flight into CDG from MAN.
The following morning we have to catch a flight from ORLY, as there is no Hilton and actually not much else hotel wise at Orly, contemplating a rewards stay here and an early morning journey to Orly.

Just wondered if anyone has experience of doing this?

The flight on the Friday morning leaves Orly around 10:30, so travel from this property would be in the Friday morning rush hour.
On that basis I was thinking the RER to Antony and then the Orlyval to the airport, rather than the bus between airports or a taxi.

Any thoughts on how much time to allow?
Allow for 2 hours minimum for the transfer, and that would avoid any surprises. The RER B from CDG to Anthony is not the most reliable ever, if it goes fine it should take around one hour for this part. Then Orlyval is 10 minutes, assuming no wait.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Allow for 2 hours minimum for the transfer, and that would avoid any surprises. The RER B from CDG to Anthony is not the most reliable ever, if it goes fine it should take around one hour for this part. Then Orlyval is 10 minutes, assuming no wait.
Thanks!

How far a walk is it from the Hilton to the RER at CDG and which is the best station to head for?

Same question for Orly and the Oryval, Our flight is Air Caraïbes out of terminal “SU” I believe?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:43 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
The Hilton is 100 meters away from the RER station CDG Terminal 1 - Roissypole.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.