Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Anybody know which floor the exec lounge is on and what time it opens in the morning?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by adobbing
Anybody know which floor the exec lounge is on and what time it opens in the morning?
Ground floor, just off the lobby. Not sure of hours.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Thanks

Need to be leaving around 06:00 and just trying to work out whether we’ll be able to grab anything quick.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi.

I thought it was more like 0630 am when I was there in Jan but not 100percent sure

Regards

Tbs
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks

Hotel website quotes one of the restaurants as 06:00 - 01:00, but doesn’t quote any specific hours for breakfast.
Also no mention of exec lounge hours.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by adobbing
I was there just a few weeks ago.
Lounge is on the ground floor as already pointed out.
Opening hours are: Weekdays 6 am - 11 pm; Weekend and Public Holidays 7 am - noon and then 3 pm - 11 pm
Breakfast hours: Weekdays 6 am - 10 am; Weekend and Public Holidays 7 am - 11 am
Evening drinks and snacks: 7 days a week 6 pm - 8 pm
Old Aug 18, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, Aeroplan 25K
Had a recent one night stay. As a Diamond was upgraded from a King to a King Executive Plus Newly Renovated (yes, that is a mouthful). The room was quite large to the point it could have used some more furniture, although what was there was fine. Bizarre that a newly renovated room would have only one USB port, which was in the small alarm clock. The bathroom was renovated with a separate shower and tub. The only problem with the room was the world's smallest sofabed mattress. My son is less than five and a half feet tall and he had trouble fitting on it.

The lounge was mostly small sandwiches and some pizza bites. Very basic red and white wines. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant is not bad, but it is not luxurious by any means. Everything is indeed self-serve with somewhat overmatched staff not really keeping up with clearing tables even though it was not that busy.

Checking in and out went quite well and the shuttle drops you at the top level in the middle of Terminal 2, above the rail tracks.

While this is definitely not a location for "seeing" Paris, it was fine for what we wanted before we boarded our flight home. I thought we received appropriate value for the 93 euro rate that we paid, especially since the Sheraton was charging almost three times that for the night we stayed.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 1:55 am

Day room

Nice way to relax on a long layover. Only 70euro for 9a-6p use of your own room with own bath plus gym/pool/EL, which sure beats any other alternative imo (huge queue for the bus to the city, 50euro for AF lounge which of course has no private bed or pool).
Pool is pretty small, smaller than you'd think from the website. Could see Concorde from the hotel. Room clean and relaxing with separate tub/shower. Only Hilton I can think of besides Back Bay Hilton that has EL on lobby floor. EL was locked outside of service hours for some reason and had to get front desk to open it. Beverages available at all times. Evening spread decent. Best they could do for late check-out was an hour extension (Diamond status, checked in at noon), but they allowed use of EL after checkout.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Just back from staying a few days there last week. The metro is right next to the hotel as well as a bus station which we used to take a bus to a large shopping mall nearby for some necessities. The metro quite good for the city centre as the line takes you through Gare de Nord & Notre Dame, takes around 45 minutes to an hour. It also has a stop for the Stade de France, might be handy for a sporting event.
Upgraded to a King Executive Plus Newly Renovated room also as the other Dave, was surprised as I was there for 5 nights.
Couple of things there is Fussball next to the elevators, which is free & my daughter loved (you have to pay for the pool table). There is also always flavoured water at the reception which was excellent.
Pool ok size, sauna hot, gym adequate - there are no lockers in the changing rooms so don't leave any valuables.
Exec lounge is quite large, happy hour is wee bit disappointing in comparison to other lounges I have been recently although it was fine for me - Beer Heineken, wine, sandwiches & a sort of pizza thing. They had cakes the only afternoon I was there.
I'm sure I'll be back sometime.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DavMJ
The metro is right next to the hotel .... The metro quite good for the city centre ...
Just one quibble: the RER is not the same as the metro.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by evergrn
Only Hilton I can think of besides Back Bay Hilton that has EL on lobby floor.
London Heathrow. Maybe it's an airport thing?

We stayed at this property twice, on both of our last two trips to Paris, spending our final day in the city and then heading to the airport after dark. Once we took the RER, another time we grabbed a cab. I must be getting older; the cab was just so much easier then schlepping our bags on and off the metro and RER, although I love taking the RER into the city on arriving.

Our first trip we overnighted in the city and went to the airport the morning of the departure. While I get the "last night in Paris" thing, I was really happy with the decision to move to the airport. It made for a much more relaxed morning of departure. As always, YMMV.

I'd stay here again the next trip.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by evergrn
Only Hilton I can think of besides Back Bay Hilton that has EL on lobby floor..

Hi,

The Hilton Tokyo Bay has its Celebrio lounge ( also for HH Diamonds) on the lobby level.

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Lots of negative reviews on this thread but is this place tolerable for a quick overnight?

Would be flying in on AF (landing around 830pm) and leaving the next day on DL (CDG - RDU) around 11am (but with STE+ can eat in the lounge if Hilton food is poor) so should be T2 only. No interest in going into Paris purely want a decent place to sleep and maybe something for dinner if I don't get it en route.

The CDG - RDU flight is my preferred way home but I'd rather fly into CDG late night and sleep in a bit vs. having to take a 6am to CDG in order to make the CDG - RDU flight and will be coming from VIE so there's no other one-stop option (on SkyTeam) back to RDU.

Other option is Hyatt CDG -- unfortunately the Sheraton is out of policy at present or I'd just go with that.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi.

It is a good enough hotel for an overnight stay in my experience

Regards

Tbs
Duke787 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 5:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Duke787
Lots of negative reviews on this thread but is this place tolerable for a quick overnight?
It is perfectly fine for an overnight. I stayed here twice in the span of three days for an overnight and had an unremarkable stay each time. What more do you want for an overnight?
Duke787 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.