Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport {FRA} (France)

Old Feb 13, 2009, 9:58 am

The only restaurants that I can imagine / remember within walking distance are the ones in the other hotels around. This is not an area to go for a walk. It is dead at night except for some hotel shuttles and taxi driving around.

When I stay there, I stick to the room service (also because I am generally too tired for anything else).

Unless somebody else has a good idea, I would say that the best option would be for the hotel to organise a taxi ride to one of the villages around the airport in the hope that there is a decent restaurant in one of those.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:20 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Koby
When I stay there, I stick to the room service (also because I am generally too tired for anything else).

I agree. Stay at the Hilton. You will loose money and time for nothing better within 10 miles.
Room service is fine and the restaurant is also good, serving buffet or a la carte.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
For anyone else still looking for hourly rates, I just saw that the Ibis attached to Aerogare 1 (by Terminal 3) has them. If you try to contact them, this is not the other "airport Ibis" that's in Paris Nord 2 with the cluster of Accor hotels.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is a very timely thread.

We are returning from Europe in a couple of weeks. The original itin had us leaving CDG at 10:30 AM, so I worked it to overnight in Paris - now they changed the departure to about 1:30, but I had already booked the Hilton at their summer promo rate.

Looks like we'll have more time to enjoy the lounge with no rush in the morning. Glad to see it is a highly thought of property.

BTW, the last time we did this, I used one of my free night certs from Marriott and stayed at their hotel at CDG. Has just been upgraded to full service with lounge and all, and it was very nice. It can be gotten for a few euros cheaper than the Hilton, too. My choice would depend on my status with either chain.
Old May 7, 2009, 6:17 am

Programs: ICHG Platinum RoyalAmb, HiltonHonors Gold, AClub Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Spg Plat
Any recent experience as HH Gold at the Hilton CDG ?
Old May 7, 2009, 2:30 pm

Programs: HH, FB, PC, SPG, UA
This hotel is very correct with Gold member. Allway upgraded to exec floor (lot of time with an executive plus room -wider than regular one).
Very good lounge. Nice and tasty snacks. An enough choice of alcohol (free) with PASTIS (local aperitif) and a false champagne (cremant) but tasty.
If you get an upgrade, breakfast is free in the lounge (normal) but also in the buffet restaurant (complimentary offer). A pleasant covered swimming pool and sauna.
Minus point: nothing to see, to discover or to have lunch outside except airport
but an easy access by train to Paris downtown (45 minutes at least). Not to be used late in the night.
Old May 7, 2009, 3:13 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I also like this hotel, as the Sheraton is usually overpriced.
Originally Posted by danielpascal
This hotel is very correct with Gold member. Allway upgraded to exec floor (lot of time with an executive plus room -wider than regular one).
Very good lounge. Nice and tasty snacks. An enough choice of alcohol (free) with PASTIS (local aperitif) and a false champagne (cremant) but tasty.
If you get an upgrade, breakfast is free in the lounge (normal) but also in the buffet restaurant (complimentary offer). A pleasant covered swimming pool and sauna.
I find the temperature of the pool a little bit cold for my taste .
Minus point: nothing to see.
Depending on the room, you can have a magnificent view on an Air France Concorde !
Old May 7, 2009, 6:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Hhonors Diamond
Stayed twice over the past few months as Diamond, and was never upgraded. I'll be staying again this month... maybe third time's a charm!
Old May 8, 2009, 7:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
CDG Hilton

Haven't stayed at the CDG but just got back from the Hilton Arc de Triumph. Based on how far away that hotel is, even with the train, I would not stay there. The RER train has some pretty shifty people on there.

FYI- There is also the Hilton Eifel and the Hilton La Defense which are closer in.

Everytime we rode the RER to anywhere it wasn't pleasant. Just my opinion.
Old May 8, 2009, 7:45 am

Programs: US Silver, HH Gold
The Hilton Eiffel is no more and the Hilton La Defense is even further away from CDG than the Arc de Triomphe...
Old May 8, 2009, 10:44 am

Programs: ICHG Platinum RoyalAmb, HiltonHonors Gold, AClub Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Spg Plat
Originally Posted by Jacquelyn Hyde
Stayed twice over the past few months as Diamond, and was never upgraded. I'll be staying again this month... maybe third time's a charm!
How could be a diamond not upgraded ?!
I'm only a HH Gold and I would like to try here, or should I go to the Hyatt CDG ?
since I'm Hyatt Diamond, here I should get lounge access for sure, but I've read some negative reviews about it....
Old May 8, 2009, 1:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Hhonors Diamond
aleinvolo , no clue why I wasn't upgraded. The second time, they even forgot to code my card for the lounge, but corrected it as soon as I brought it to their attention. It is a pretty good lounge, with a nice assortment of drinks, cheeses and hors d'oeuvres in the evening, and a pleasant breakfast in the morning.

A question to 2001racer about the RER. I have ridden the metro in Paris and found it to be OK. Is the RER similar, or more sketchy? We will be in Paris for a few days this time and figured the RER is a very convenient way to get right into the city. We are arriving late the first night, which is why we selected this location as opposed to ADT. Is the RER really that bad?
Old May 8, 2009, 1:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Boardroom, HH Diamond, National Executive
We took the RER into the metro about one year ago, we arrived from SEA around 630 pm and we were fine. The train was quiet and then we rode and transferred our way to the Hilton ADT. On our way out of France, we stayed at the Hilton CDG and no upgrade, but did get lounge access. At the ADT we did get the upgrade.

I think the train is fine, during peak times there may be more people, but I didn't think it was that bad myself. You can always take one of the buses right outside the terminal and I think it's around 30 Euro for a one way trip.
Old May 9, 2009, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update

We stayed there (summer promo rate - 114 euros) on a Saturday night on our way back from Dublin.

They told me I was getting a double upgrade, and they were right -- larger corner room about the size of a football field. We could have fit our entire family in there!

Lounge access, of course. A little crowded (it's not all that big) but a nice selection of drinks and munchies.

I asked at the desk, and we were told we had the option of b'fast in the lounge or downstairs. Both were pretty complete, so we opted for the lounge.

All in all, a great value for the price, convenient shuttle service, and a really nice room.
Old May 10, 2009, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
RER vs. Metro

Answer to the RER question.

In my opinion the Metro itself is pretty safe. We were on the RER on return from Versailles and literally saw some guy grab a womans purse and run off the train as the doors were closing. Didn't get my opinion out of a travel book but saw it first hand about three weeks ago...

Anyway, with all of that said after a long Trans Atlantic flight I'd much rather have the convenience of a Taxi. Yes you can take the RER from the airport. But if you've ever taken the Metro you know that you have to walk up and down stairs, walk a long ways sometimes through stations to transfer, then walk down the street to the hotel. Do you really want to do that with your bags after a really long day????

The buses do get you closer but you've still got to take a Metro or bus once you get into the city.

Our taxi from CDG to the Hilton Arc de Triumph was 47 Euros. At most your difference is going to be 20 Euros depending on what mode you decide on. After making the long trip over there I am willing to pay an extra 30 bucks to be delivered privately, directly, and safely right to the front door of my hotel without the hassle of dragging my bags through the train stations and up and down all the stairs in the Metro stations.

To each is own but I think it's worth another $30.00 or so for the taxi.

Enjoy!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.