Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Mexico (country) {MEX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Mexico (country) {MEX}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2003, 7:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
bump
Old Feb 18, 2003, 6:02 am
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I tracked this down a few months ago. Apparently, the in-room marketing material was printed with a few errors. I spoke with the VP of Development for Latin America. He confirmed that they are looking for property in Cabo but that's as far as it's gotten so far. So the good news is that there will be an ES in Cabo. Bad news is that it won't be anytime soon.
Old Feb 18, 2003, 7:19 am

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by harold:
I tracked this down a few months ago. Apparently, the in-room marketing material was printed with a few errors. I spoke with the VP of Development for Latin America. He confirmed that they are looking for property in Cabo but that's as far as it's gotten so far. So the good news is that there will be an ES in Cabo. Bad news is that it won't be anytime soon.</font>

Actually I'm not so sure this works unless they buy an existing property. The whole Los Cabos corrider has been restricted to 10,000 rooms and all of the permits for those rooms have been let. There are a couple of abandoned projects where the buliding is up but the developer has opted not to finish the project that ES could maybe buy. One in between the Fiesta Americana and the Hacienda Del Mar, a great spot. All to say it doesn't look like a happening thing at this point.
Old Mar 8, 2003, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Bummer. Please let me know if anything changes. I am shooting for next Jan.
Old May 21, 2003, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Cancun vs. Cabo

Booking a GLON for a family vacation next March. I am aware of the oodles of posts on these properties, but am looking for comments from those who have been to both. Leaning toward Cancun for the beach and other activities, but the spring break atmosphere is a definite concern. Thanks.
Old May 21, 2003, 3:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
dont be worried. there was 1 girl staying during peak week at the hilton cancun for spring break. how ever outside the hotel is a different story. everything will be spring break...

Old May 21, 2003, 4:14 pm

Both Cabo and Cancun are very popular for spring break. But not at the Hiltons. Too much money for those poor college students, I guess. I have been to both in March and spring break was not an issue. However, when you travel to Cabo San Lacus or other part of the island in Cancun, you will find spring break. Cabo has whale watching in Spring....
Old May 21, 2003, 5:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
cancun is #1 for spring break.. cabo is not nearly as popular
Old May 22, 2003, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the info so far. Any others?
Old May 24, 2003, 10:13 am

Location: Franklin, TN HHonors Diamond, Worldperks Platinum, Priority Club Platinum
Taking the family (wife, kids x 3, and babysitter) to Cancun Hilton on Wednesday for 9 days. I will save your email and let you know how it is upon my return.
Old Jul 9, 2003, 4:20 am

I have spent a good portion of my life living in the Caribbean and ventured through a few islands (such as Puerto Rico, Jamaica, St Thomas,St Croix, Dominican Republic, etc.)
And for the travel industry I have researched and visited all of Mexico's resort areas.
This is my opinion: Cancun is the best resort area in the Caribbean, for its white sand beaches, flouresent blue waters, outstanding resorts, excellent restaurants and nightlife. First rate shopping. Sounds like paradise, except when Spring Break, and unless you are in this age group this vacation may be a nightmare.

Cabo is a terrific place to visit, there is golfing, fishing, whale watching, nightlife, very good restaurants, excellent weather (desert), be careful downtown there are a few "Pick Pocket Artist". Visit Sammy Haggar's place Cabo Wabo, quite a Party, Dude.

Being in the travel industry I can choose to vacation anywhere and choose to visit Cancun once a year (I be the first week of December 2003). I have had clients visit Cancun during Spring Break, the college kids have had the time of their life and the adults (against my recomendation) have had a nightmare.

Keep in mind, Mexico in general is one of the destinations with outstanding service.

I hope you have a great time. Life is great.
Old Jul 9, 2003, 9:42 pm

Programs: AC*50K, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I haven't been to Cabo, though know a lot about it as I used to sell accomodations there.

Spring break is much more popular in Cancun and many shopping malls and shopping areas will be filled with students, and of course the clubs. The upscale resorts don't get spring breakers as they really don't allow them to book.

Cabo will have more sea and colonial activities while Cancun you can go to X-Caret, Xel-Ha and the ruins and probably head over to the islands, though for some tours you will be joined by many spring breakers.

I would prefer Cabo.. (my opinion)
Old Jul 10, 2003, 4:20 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sargento:
I haven't been to Cabo ...

I would prefer Cabo.. (my opinion)
</font>

Old Jul 10, 2003, 11:16 pm

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
Cabo in my opinion.. year round is a drinking/party town.. not as developed as Cancun... Cancun is amazing.. even during Spring break, you can spend time away from it at the Hilton.. (AMAZING HOTEL) or many of the other hotels to eat,etc. Visit Chichen Itza.. and the ruins.. maybe go snorkling..etc.

I went to Cabo and did not enjoyt he snorkling or the atmosphere.. more humid that cancun... just not as nice.

My wife made the comment she may have enjoyed Cancun better than Hawaii (HHV)... she does love Hawaii too...

Oh well..either way.. ENJOY
Old Jul 11, 2003, 11:40 am

I have been to both places in the last 6 months. I would go back to Cancun before Cabo. In Cancun it is very cheap to go anywhere via buses or cabs. In cabo it is not cheap to go anywhere ( you will need are car if you stay at the hilton). Also not cheap to eat or drink in cabo.

Beaches:

cabo is ok at best.
Cancun - one of the best beaches - white sand and blue water.

Just my 2 cents..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.