Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 16, 2017, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport
835 Airport Blvd., Burlingame, California, 94010-9949, USA
TEL: +1-650-344-5500
FAX: +1-650-340-8851
Parking: $26 daily, 14 day Park and Fly rate available (onsite parking). Parking fees NOT waived for status.
Airport shuttle: Yes, dedicated to this property. At airport, catch at Departures, not Arrivals, level Hotel Shuttles stops. ~Every fifteen minutes most hours.
Crew hotel, crew lounge and facilities. (No Executive Lounge for Honors members.)
Close to Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn in Burlingame and farther from Hilton and Anza Parking, all on Airport Boulevard.
NO room safes. Rooms do have ironing and coffee services.
Service animals allowed: Yes (by law)
Pets allowed: Yes, Non-Refundable deposit of $40.00; Maximum Weight: 70 lbs
Fitness room: Yes
Pool: yes
Jogging / hiking trail fronting San Francisco Bay by Embassy Suites
Can walk to Kincaid's bayside restaurant - link

Link to hotel website

Rooms: Main tower strange numeration, beginning and ending in the center at the elevator, with the 8th and highest "Executive" floor (robes and multi-function printer supposedly in room) as follows: x01 being the northwest wing facing Airport Boulevard and the Bay and near the service room (which buffers it from the elevators - I am often in this room and it is around the corner from elevators, but day or late sleepers may be subject to noise of being adjacent to the supplies closet.) This corridor has x01-x06, ending in a "T" with x07 - x10 (both are larger corner rooms) and retuning with the bay / main entrance side x11 - x18 (x18 is adjacent to ice and beverage, so could be noisy.)

I'd avoid rooms facing Highway 101 and the coastal range - US 101 can get noisy.

The other hall, which faces the elevators, numbers x19 - x26, plus x27 - x30 (x27 and x30 being larger corner rooms) on the end the "T" at the end and then x31 - x38 facing highway 101 again. So, x11 - x26 face northeast, x01 - x06 and x31 - x38 face southwest. AVOID: x20 and x38 in particular for being close to the elevator. (I'm not familiar with the other wing at all.)

8th floor is "Executive Floor", reasonably spacious rooms with multifunction printers (not all working all the time).

Here's a close satellite shot of the property so you can see the NW-SE building orientation of the "Executive" floor tower orientation, and here's a more distant shot to show the relationship to the Bay and SFO airport. (Bore in to see how it is positioned in relation to the Embassy Suites, Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn in Burlingame.)

Complimentary WiFi.

Gold and Diamond guests receive breakfast chits for fair breakfast buffet. May request eggs cooked to order. Otherwise, breakfast buffet is $19.00. A la carte menu offered - see below. Longtime Honors manager Paula keen on not allowing guests who prefer points also get breakfast chits.

Restaurant "37 North" is OpenTable 1,000 points much of the time. Decent food, often Jazz trio performing for restaurant and bar. Open 6:00 am - 10:00 pm daily.
Link to menu PDF.
Link to breakfast menu.

Updated 16 May 2017 by JDiver
Print Wikipost

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:14 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Pat89339
I had a stay at this property this past weekend. I was offered a voucher for breakfast and when the hours wouldn't work with my schedule, the front desk clerk gave me a $20 voucher to use in the bar or the restaurant for dinner instead. I commented that was a wonderful thing to do. Often, I miss out on breakfast because of early flights. She indicated that they always offer that alternative to Diamonds.
An update to my post above.

The following weekend (3/20) I was given a $30 voucher to use in the restaurant. I thought wow, that will really encourage me to stay here again.

Last weekend (3/27) I was given a $15 voucher to use in the restaurant for an appetizer. When I asked the FDC advised that was the new policy.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Has anyone tried parking in the lot out back behind the Doubletree (the Burlingame Golf Center)? Seems relatively close and large lot.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:04 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
I know I looked at that lot at one point and it seemed like a very bad idea (liklihood of towing at the time. I don't remember exactly why.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 11:08 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
Detailed Stay Report - January 2016

Stayed here 1 Sunday->Monday night in January 2016 - diamond member. Here is a summary of my experience.

I reserved a AAA rate that was less than $100/night. The going award rate was 40,000 points for this night, obviously not a good redemption at that price point.

The day before check-in, OLCI was showing regular rooms, nothing with a bay view. The morning of check-in, OLCI showed an upgrade to a bay view room. Since I was traveling with my son who likes planes, I changed to room 707 which is one of 4 rooms (X07-X10) on the end that faces directly at the airport. There was no availability on the top floor 8. Floor 7 was also marked as HHonors Floor, and there were little gold signs next to each room for HHonors Room.

Upon check-in, I was recognized as a Diamond member. The front desk gave me breakfast vouchers for myself, my wife, and my son without me even saying anything. This was above and beyond, and appreciated. The two bottles of water were waiting for us in the room. And yes, warm cookies for all. I found the front desk to be friendly and accommodating.

I'm not a good judge of "outdatedness" when it comes to rooms, but the one thing I noticed immediately was the lack of outlets near the bed. One of the lamps had one outlet and the other lamp had none. There was an extension cord on the floor under the bed with additional outlets. The room was clean. The time on the clock was wrong by about 4 hours though, oops...

Throughout the evening hours we did hear plane noise occasionally, which was mostly planes revving their engines about to take off on the northbound runway. This would have been enough noise to awaken a light sleeper. We watched several planes land and did not hear any noise from these. We did not hear any noise from the hallway, although our room was really tucked away in a corner.

Breakfast for diamonds is a full buffet at the restaurant on the first floor. The selection there was a limited amount of fruit (honeydew, grapes, apples, bananas; NO cantaloupe, berries, or pineapple), pastries, bread, oatmeal, etc. Hot items were scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, and potatoes. Juice and coffee had to be ordered from the server. Upon advice from this thread we asked about (and were granted) omelets, although there was no signage or advertisement of the availability of the same. The sausages were awful rubber, the bacon was good, and the omelets were enjoyable. To me the overall quality of the buffet was similar to if not slightly below a typical HGI, notwithstanding the omelets.

One very handy thing about this hotel was that the shuttle ran every 15 minutes, which is more frequent than any other HHonors SFO property I have stayed at thus far. No reservations were necessary, and the shuttle is one of the larger Bauer luxury vans. It serves two hotels, the other being the Red Roof Inn next door.

Overall, there are pros (frequency of shuttle, omelets) and cons (quality of buffet items, limited outlets, no lounge). I didn't come away with a strong preference comparing the Doubletree vs. the nearby Hilton (nice lounge, easily walkable to Kincaid's restaurant, less frequent shuttle). I'd happily stay at either again.

Last edited by kpbadger; Jan 26, 2016 at 11:14 pm
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Has anyone stayed here recently?
Got 10am flight coming up so would ideally like to be somewhere near the airport.
Looking at prices, this hotel seems far cheaper than other Hilton properties at under Ł100 for the night (US$113 or so for a king room with taxes, a few $ more for a bay view).
Tripadvisor, for all its worth, seem to have good enough reviews for it.

Rates from:

Hampton Inn & Suites SFO-Burlingame $175
Embassy Suites SFO $235
Doubletree SFO $102
Embassy Suite SFO Waterfront $167
Hampton Inn SFO $155
HGI SFO-Burlingame $116
HGI SFO North $165
Hilton SFO Bayfront $175
Doubletree SFO North $155

Last edited by xenole; Apr 14, 2017 at 12:17 am
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:35 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
I did my third stay there three weeks ago. Late night arrival, early departure. No complaints. Booked a standard room and upgraded to a bayview king on the 8th floor. A safe bet IMO.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:52 am

deleted

Last edited by 365RoadWarrior; Apr 14, 2017 at 11:25 am
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:02 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
I've stayed there 3 more times since the January 2016 review above, most recently in January 2017. It hasn't changed, in my opinion, since my last post.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:37 pm

I've taken the plunge here and check-in is offering me a room on the 8th floor as others have said.
Now to pick a room that might let me see some planes etc. although it will be dark for a lot of the stay.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 5:21 pm

First impressions, seems bigger than I imagined.

Anyway, 15 minute wait for a shuttle bus at the international terminal. Went to arrivals but you need to catch it at departures.

Welcomed as a diamond member, offered extra water, given a warm cookie and given a breakfast voucher. Mentions breakfast at "37 North" (I assume a restaurant name) and says continental on the back.

Room wise, nice enough. Sure I've had rooms that are more modern but it suits me fine.
32" TV?, fridge (never seem to have these in more expensive properties and i like to store my own things so a major plus for me), fax/copier/scanner, safe, 4 plug sockets by the bed (although the alarm clock is using one) etc. Clock is showing the correct time.

Chose room 810 and other than the mesh over the window that obscures your view only on the right hand side, good view of the airport and the city.
Right window slides open about 4".

Added:
Ok, clock was wrong. It's 12 hours out so says 17:00 now rather than 05:00 - lucky i didn't use the alarm!

Tried a club sandwich from room service. Fries were warm but nice enough and there was quite a lot of sandwich so left some in the fridge.

Some dust on the printer and surrounding area but fine otherwise.

Bed is too soft for my liking.

Noise wise, i can hear some planes, traffic noise is minimal and could hear some people outside.
It's windy right now and i can hear that. Not sure if this carries the sound as i could hear kids playing soccer on the adjacent playing field earlier.

Had a look at the gym on the second floor. Not massive but 3 treadmills, elliptical trainers, few weights etc.
Easy enough to run on the trail across the road.

According to Google maps, it's a walk of just over 2 miles into Burlingame where there's a 5 Guys and other places to eat etc.

Breakfast wise, shown to a table and i left the coupon thing on the table whilst i went to the buffet.
Offerings:
Tomato juice, blackberry juice? and apple juice - the last two very sweet.
Bagels, bread, some slices of cake and little muffins.
Sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs and breakfast potatoes were the hot items. Loved the potatoes - pepper, onions and red / green peppers.
Fruit wise, green and red melon, and red grapes.
Some flavoured yogurt, a bowl of natural yogurt?, some cheese, veggie things etc.
Plus oatmeal and some crunchier cereals.
Proactively offered coffee but nothing else.
Friendly enough staff.
One man did order a frittata but as I've a long day of eating ahead, didn't want to overdo things.

If the orange is as oversweetened as the other juices, asking for that is something i don't want to do.

Got to admit breakfast here, whilst not as good as soon places, beats hands down what i had to pay something like $20 for at the Panama Hilton. Well, the Crowne Plaza near the airport there wasn't much better.

Last edited by xenole; Apr 23, 2017 at 7:48 am
Old May 16, 2017, 11:28 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Added Wikipost for member convenience.
Old May 17, 2017, 11:16 am

Just completed a stay here before an early morning flight. Up until about 5 years ago, this was my go to hotel at the airport for rates and convenience, but switched to a couple of Starwood properties. With Google I/O starting this week, rates were ridiculous everywhere else, so went to an old friend. I nearly fell over walking in the door to see a modern lobby and bar and not the 1980's hotel lounge I was used to.

For those considering a stay, as a Diamond that was leaving before breakfast hours, I was offered two free drinks in the bar or comped parking.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:45 am

Does anyone know if their airport shuttle exclusive to the hotel or does it also stop at other Hilton properties? Their Park & Fly rate w/tax is exactly what I would pay for LT parking @ SFO terminal so I figured I may as well stay overnight.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by dascc
Does anyone know if their airport shuttle exclusive to the hotel or does it also stop at other Hilton properties? Their Park & Fly rate w/tax is exactly what I would pay for LT parking @ SFO terminal so I figured I may as well stay overnight.
All the shuttles I've seen at SFO cover multiple properties and not all the same chain. These are typically outside vendors providing the transportation and hire out to anyone.
Old May 14, 2018, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Some updates for this property:

--Shuttle serves only the DT and the nearby Crowne Plaza. However, it's a lux bus - black inside and out, more like a limo bus. Luggage stores in the rear.

--King rooms have a 60" TV. Finally! A hotel that provides a nice experience for movies from anywhere in the room.

--Rooms seem updated within the last couple of years; tasteful, clean. Five pillows on the king bed, when four is usually the max.

--King baths still have a combo tub/shower, unlike many hotels that have renovated king baths to a shower only (which I prefer). Baths are spacious, with lots of counter space.

--The blackout "drapes" are a shade that rolls up and down on a chain, and inside a frame that should provide near 100% blackout. (If I remember to edit this during daylight hours, I will.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.