Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mphall
If I had to do it all over again I would leave early evening from Tokyo and take train to Narita. Stay at Narita Hilton and get there for late morning flight. Luggage really can tie you down. Just a thought.
Not to quibble too much, but what would you gain from this exercise? Instead of having a straight shot to the airport from either Shinjuku on the NEX, or taking the Limo Bus, one would need to still get to Narita, then get to a much lower grade Hilton, and back to the airport and having to pack your bags twice, instead of once.. Might gain an hour, max, by being closer to the airport.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
because rush hour in Tokyo is incredible.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mphall
because rush hour in Tokyo is incredible.
And this is accounted for in the Limo Bus schedule. The NEX isn't affected by traffic and even during rush hour, getting to the Shinjuku station is a breeze and seats are reserved in advance. I've done both multiple times, and never had an issue. I favor the bus, but have used the NEX going back to the airport on occasion as well.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Arriving internationally. Just my wife and I. Will likely have 3 standard full size cases and 2 backpacks, so will probably squeeze in a regular taxi.

I did look at Limo bus but there is no option for my 6am flight arrival. Also, value isn't a priority on this trip.
We usually have 2 suitcases and 2 backpacks. 1 suitcase more wouldnt be a problem in a regular taxi. They have taxis with more space as well. And as AlwaysAisle wrote, there is an attendant, who will help to get the right taxi for you. They take their job seriously and want to satisfy their customer. From my point of view taxi services in Tokyo are one of the best in the world - as long as chatting with the driver is not a must-have for you.

I usually pay around JPY 6,000 for one way between HND and the Conrad, but could be more during rush hour. For me its worth to have that worry-free service after/before a long flight.
FlyingHighlander likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 1:15 am

Programs: AS 75K, Hilton Diamond
For people concerned about hauling luggage while taking trains, there are many luggage courier services that will forward your items to hotels, residences, or the airport so can "luggage free" travel between sites. Fees are typically around $20 USD per bag.

If you have a group with many bags, then perhaps the taxi is more economical.

Last edited by dangerclose; Aug 6, 2019 at 9:11 am
Old Aug 5, 2019, 6:17 pm

Ill be spending two days at the tokyo hilton downtown. Leaving to go to taiwan for seven days. Then spending the night at tokyo narita airport on the way back.

looks like the limo bus will be the way to go to hilton downtwon?
and the shuttle for narita airport the way to go on the way back?

plan for two hours on the limo bus both directions? Arrive at 3pm loall time on saturday. Leaving monday
plan on 20 minutes both directions for the narita shuttle? This will be a monday around noon arriving. And around noon leaving tuesday.

will be in november if that matters

anything to do around hilton narita? Hotel food worth eating. Or should we venture out?
Old Aug 5, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Planning my upcoming Sakura trip with wife & 6 month old infant.
- Arrive NRT 27 Mar (7.30am), Depart NRT 05 Apr (11.10am)
- Thinking of sticking to Hiltons for the entire trip to take advantage of Diamond

27 Mar - 31 Mar: 4 Nights in Tokyo.
Tentatively booked in Hilton Odaiba (31,191/night). Shinjuku Hilton is showing 62,630/night for these dates, which I'm most unwilling to pay.
I realize that the Odaiba location is a bit crappy, but with an infant in tow I figured the airport shuttle from NRT would be a plus.

31 Mar - 04 Apr: 4 Nights in Kansai
Tentatively booked in Hilton Osaka (42,272/night).
Proximity to Umeda station seems nice, shouldn't be too hard to do daytrips to Nara, Kyoto.

04 Apr - 05 Apr: 1 Night in Narita
Booked in Hilton Narita (19,318/night).
Figured I'd just stay in Narita before the next day's morning flight.

Any thoughts? My only other relevant statuses are IHG Platinum, which really isn't all that great (plus the IC hotels in Japan are even pricier than Hilton).
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:23 pm

I think one has to balance out the highly inflated rates (yen/points) during sakura season against what's really important. If it's truly the sakura, then buckle up and unhinge the wallet.

If sakura is not the true top priority, aiming for a trip just a few weeks later can be extremely rewarding. But that's a personal choice.

Odaiba Hilton has nice views of the skyline and the rainbow bridge, plus the Yurikamome line stops just feet away. Have never seen rooms but the ground floor looks decent enough.

Hilton Osaka is right next to Osaka station and Hankyu Umeda, so no shortage of options there. Easy to get to Kyoto for sure. Nara is a change or two but nothing horrible. The Hilton is nice, if not completely modern - the service I found to be quite good.

Personally, even though I have considered it in the past, I won't sacrifice a night in Tokyo for a slightly easier morning starting from Narita.

For your itinerary, open jaw return from KIX might be a better move. Repositioning to NRT just to leave - not sure that's a good spend of time/effort.

WRT to Limo bus vs. NEX in Tokyo - I find it comes down to this. The N'EX can be a hassle to get to, but once on, you're done. The bus can be easy to get onto, but things can (and have, for me) happened on the journey to the airport. The bus doesn't just stop at your hotel - it has a route and you'll hit 4-5 hotels and probably a train station before you set off to NRT. Two visits ago, boarded at Hilton Shinjuku, then made 3-4 stops, then stopped at Shinjuku station and once there, there were some 20 people with massive amounts of luggage to get on board. Went from a peaceful trip to a frustrating one very quickly.

Also, Limo bus from the airport to the hotel is nice - no surprises there. No worries about an overbooked bus, no schedule worries.
shuigao likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:18 am

The courier service is the black cat courier:
YAMATO TRANSPORT
havent tried it personally but my Japanese friend told me theyre very popular with the locals.

Conrad has a direct train to HND via the Shimbashi station (Akasuka line) which is an easy 5-10mins subway walk, costs around $5, cheapest option.

Rooms at Hilton Odaiba are more spacious than Hilton Shinjukus. It also has a more relaxed feel vs the throngs of noisy tourists that congregates around the lobby of Hilton Shinjuku. The rooms have balconies that look out to the Rainbow bridge and the city skyline. I also prefer their executive lounge and theres an outdoor heated soaking pool with skyline views. Theres plenty to do around Odaiba plus the fish market is now relocated to Odaiba. Its true Odaiba is a bit further out but the train line is right next to the hotel and its easy to get to anywhere.

Views from the room balcony

Executive Lounge - Outdoor option

Last edited by Aeolus; Aug 6, 2019 at 12:30 am
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Arriving internationally. Just my wife and I. Will likely have 3 standard full size cases and 2 backpacks, so will probably squeeze in a regular taxi.

I did look at Limo bus but there is no option for my 6am flight arrival. Also, value isn't a priority on this trip.
Definitely not a fan of Uber as a company, but Uber Black (all that is available in Japan) is about the same price as taxis and is always a Crown or Alphard-type vehicle. Even requesting the exec van outright is about 7k yen to Conrad.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Tokyo Hilton (Shinjuku), Hilton Odaiba, or other?

Looking for help on a first time visit to Tokyo. Wondering which Hilton property to stay at and asking for your advice/suggestions. Trip details is as follows...

- Flying in/out of Haneda
- 1 room for 2 adults
- Dates of stay are March 27th-30th (3 nights)
- Weekend certificate is available to use (via Aspire card)
- As of this post both the Hilton Tokyo and Hilton Odaiba are pricing at 70k points/night
- Primary reason for the trip is to see the cherry blossom trees
- Secondary to reason is for sightseeing and Japanese culture in and around Tokyo
- Would like to use points as much as possible to help pay/offset the cost of the room

Thank you in advance!

OPS
Old Oct 3, 2019, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Both are good hotels ( I like the Shinjuku Hilton) .

Odaiba is in a very modern part of tokyo (on the other side of the river) and is closer to Haneda but the Shinjuku hilton is close to a major park which has a major Sakura ( cherry blossom ) festival in the Shinjuku goyen garden close by and is very handy for sightseeing in tokyo ( odaiba is less handy as you have additonal travel time ans may have to take the expensive Yurikamome line to Shimbashi to connect to other railway/metro lines.

The cherry blossom period can be variable ( maybe check the Japan forum for more details) but you may have a good chance of seeing some of them.

Regards

TBS
mattya9 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Is the Conrad available?
Old Oct 3, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by angra
Is the Conrad available?
It is but it's way too expensive.

OPS
Old Oct 3, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy something
Odds are the Conrad will come down, but Hilton Shinjuku would be a great home base. Good access to all the major lines, and a regular bus shuttle from the hotel to Shinjuku station.
NoY likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.