Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Bump

Looking for any updates to CMK10's vintage 2015 stay report.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Stay 12th July to 17th July 2017

Hi,

Apologies, thought I had posted comments here earlier.

Stay: My mother and I stayed here for 5 nights ( 12th to 17th july)

Construction: At that time the Shadowrock grill was closed for renovation and there was some construction noise during the day ( I think it has finished since then)

Check in: Hotel was busy initially ( various school groups but for most of the day there were in a separate building)

Rooms: we were given 3022 and 3028 overlooking the car park and gollf resort. Rooms were large (photos as above with a separate living room, hall with bathroom, kitchen and bedroom) Rooms were quiet with good ac.There was some views of construction activity but it did not bother us. The rooms and lobby area looked well maintained. The beds were comfortable and the fridge in the kitchen were large.
Laundry: There is a guest laundry ( free with the resort fee and with free soap powder available from the front desk) with 2 washers and 2 dryers

Breakfast: As Shadowrock grill was being renovated, a full breakfast buffet was offered in one of the meeting rooms by the outdoor patio. As a gold member I was told I just had to sign the breakfast to my room and it would be removed from the bill ( this also applied to my mother so the two of us got a free breakfast buffet ) with a made to order omelette station

Pool: The pool area was generally very quiet in the morning ( Saturday afternoon was busy) with the pool area a little small for the size of resort but nicely landscaped and there was a lap pool at the spa/fitness centre
Fitness Centre: This is at the athletic club just up the path from the hotel and is very well equipped.

Dining: A temporary dining area was set up in one of the halls just off the lobby and was good.

offsite dining: If you are here on a thursday night , head across the road to the golf club where there is a reasonable buffet for only $15pp ( the lunch is also good)

There is small shopping centre at the bottom of the hill with

Cucina Rustica: Very nice restaurant, reasonably priced with beautiful decorations

JW Wine Bistro: Smallish but ok ( my mother's salmon came out burnt on the outside and almost rare on the inside but mine was ok)

There is a supermarket just up the main road ( left at the roundabout) past the Chase bank

Tour desk/Concierge: They are able to book taxis and Pink Jeep tours. We did a very good gentle tour and we had booked a full day Grand Canyon tour via Sunset crater and wupatki before leaving the UK.

Weather: Usually beautiful in the morning with scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening (one evening we saw a large thunderstorm to the south and we saw on the news the strong winds and rain in the Phoenix area).We also saw on the news the dreadful tragedy of the deaths in the swimming hole around payson due to flash flooding but we did not get much rain.

Overall: A very good hotel ( you are paying for being in Sedona) but if you want to go into sedona it is better with your own car ( taxi's running about $30)

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:55 pm

As Gold member, we are given $28 breakfast credit per room. Not impressed since there are 4 of us staying in a suite. I gave them feedback and the manager called me to explain to me that was their policy and it's based on 2 people staying in a room. $28 is ok for 2 people, but it doesn't even cover oatmeal for 4!

Otherwise it's a decent enough property with good views.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by aircam
As Gold member, we are given $28 breakfast credit per room. Not impressed since there are 4 of us staying in a suite. I gave them feedback and the manager called me to explain to me that was their policy and it's based on 2 people staying in a room. $28 is ok for 2 people, but it doesn't even cover oatmeal for 4!

Otherwise it's a decent enough property with good views.
Why would you think you were entitled to breakfast for four people?
b1513, sebseb, B3nder and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul

Why would you think you were entitled to breakfast for four people?
Stayed at another Hilton property recently (Hilton Metrotown near Vancouver) where they gave us $19 credit per person (There were 3 of us) so was expecting something similar.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold
any chance that someone would have an email for a concierge at the Hilton Bell Rock??
Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Originally Posted by lawgirl28
any chance that someone would have an email for a concierge at the Hilton Bell Rock??
When we stayed last year concierge services were handled by Pink Jeep - [email protected]

Hope that helps!
Old Jan 10, 2022, 9:07 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Should I use points?

Wife and I are going to Sedona for a wedding in June. Not sure if this is the norm, but Hilton Sedona is over $500 ++ a night.

Does that seem normal? I know travel demand is high but nearly $1,200 for entry room (all suite hotel) 2 nights in Arizona in Summer caught me off guard

2 nights are 160,000 points or $1,168 total including taxes and resort fees.

If use all points will I get elite night credit at least?
If not, If I use a combo of points and cash i should get credit since I’m paying something?
Old Jan 10, 2022, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by COEWR2587
Wife and I are going to Sedona for a wedding in June. Not sure if this is the norm, but Hilton Sedona is over $500 ++ a night.

Does that seem normal? I know travel demand is high but nearly $1,200 for entry room (all suite hotel) 2 nights in Arizona in Summer caught me off guard
Uh, here's my response in another Hilton thread regarding that basic question:

Originally Posted by DELee
Homeless retired people roaming around the United States in personal vehicles have taken over many hotels around the country and are willing to pay outrageous exorbitant prices.

David

If not, If I use a combo of points and cash i should get credit since I’m paying something?
Since this is Hilton, you get the elite night credits either way. And either way, those are exorbitant numbers for two nights.

David
Old Jan 10, 2022, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by COEWR2587

Use points as that’s a reasonable redemption. I try and save up free nights from credit card promos for expensive nights like these. My wife earned 2 free nights by stacking a 8k Hilton Amex promo, along with the yearly 15k promo.

Or just book a different hotel, or Airbnb. My nephew got married in Sedona last year, and they saved a lot by getting an Airbnb for their stay.
Kacee likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

it is a reasonable use of points ( the hampton sedona is going for 70k points or $350pn)
Lots of people escape to sedona at weekends in summer as it is a bit cooler than the phoenix valley.
a mid week stay is pricing at mid $350s so almost $200pn cheaper for example ( but the dates are fixed)

That is still a significant increase (over 50%) over the price I paid for in July 2017( around $220 pn for a week stay) Hotel had some dining under renovation at the time. Not sure I would pay $400pn all in for the hilton.

Other hotels might be cheaper cash wise.

Regards

Tbs
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Or just book a different hotel, or Airbnb. My nephew got married in Sedona last year, and they saved a lot by getting an Airbnb for their stay.
Airbnb is a great way to go in Sedona. Hotels are mostly overpriced and many of them are dumps. There's just so much demand (especially during the summer), they don't need to provide much to consistently sell out at $400+ per night. The few really nice places are mostly over $1000 night.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
This is good value for points compared to the cash price. I stayed at this hotel in December 2020 for five nights on points (188000 points total) and was happy with it. Parking is free, the hotel is fairly close to good trails (although not within walking distance of the hotel), and the hotel in general and the room was fine. You get stay credit and full benefits on a point stay, as well as avoiding the resort fee.

The drawbacks
- they were providing the gold/diamond breakfast at the in-house Starbucks with a limited choices (one fruit cup, one pastry, one hot beverage, one bottled juice) and the line was long at times, could be a 30 minute wait.
- traffic in Sedona is very bad, so if the wedding location is to the north in Sedona, you may have a much longer drive time than you would expect by looking at a map.
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HA PL, Hilton 💎, Marriott Ti, Wyndham/Caesars 💎, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jbeckett
This is good value for points compared to the cash price. I stayed at this hotel in December 2020 for five nights on points (188000 points total) and was happy with it. Parking is free, the hotel is fairly close to good trails (although not within walking distance of the hotel), and the hotel in general and the room was fine. You get stay credit and full benefits on a point stay, as well as avoiding the resort fee.

The drawbacks
- they were providing the gold/diamond breakfast at the in-house Starbucks with a limited choices (one fruit cup, one pastry, one hot beverage, one bottled juice) and the line was long at times, could be a 30 minute wait.
- traffic in Sedona is very bad, so if the wedding location is to the north in Sedona, you may have a much longer drive time than you would expect by looking at a map.
I have a 5-night stay coming up in May and I agree that this is pretty good redemption value for Hilton points, at least for a non-luxury domestic hotel. Cash rates after taxes and fees were over $500/night (includes weekend nights), so .85cpp isn't too bad. And they have free parking. Having stayed in Sedona before I also agree regarding the general state of the properties and rooms. There are virtually no high-end offerings (at least from the major brands) and they can get away with sub-par rooms and properties because let's be honest, it's Sedona, everyone is there for the vistas and sunsets. Sort of like Hawaii.

Anyone stayed here more recently? How is the dining/pool service?
Old Feb 28, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Stayed in March 2021. Paid 200k for 5 nights. Good deal considering the high price in Sedona, but I'd never pay more than that for this rather forgettable place. If you get $50 dining credit now, it's a huge upgrade to the petty fruit cup + coffee before.

There are several pools with slight view of red rocks, pretty nice (pic below). Very nice gym with tennis court.

I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Express up the street. It's closer to the red rocks with better view on property. 17k IHG per night vs the 40k Hilton I paid, it's a better deal to me.

Last edited by italdesign; Feb 28, 2022 at 8:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.