Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

MyPoints and Hilton Honors: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MyPoints and Hilton Honors: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2003, 10:23 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
I can't really answer your question, but you may be interested in Jet2K's comments in MilesBuzz. He worked for a company that did lots of transferring of points, miles, etc.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Each airline's redemption communication process is different. It ranged from using FTP, email (secured and unsecured), mailing a floppy of redemption data, to sending out the files to be converted to Unix format and transferred to a magnetic tape before sending to the airline. This is probably part of the reason that why it takes varying amount of time to get your transferred points to show up. Also, this process happens on a recurring intervals, a few daily, some weekly, some monthly and some on less regular basis.

Each airline has different validation rules for account numbers. Most has check digits that we have to embed in our software that will kick out invalid account numbers. They usually also require matching names and accounts, and kick out non-matches back to us. The error communication process often uses similar technology as the outbound, tapes, floppy, email, ...etc. Often times, when a particular transaction errs out, it takes manual intevention to correct it. There are sometimes transactions that got ping-pong back and forth and took forever to resolve. </font>
Who knows what validation criteria they use?

Now, you could try to get your daughter and you in a mutual fund if you don't have one with someone else. It is supposed to be spouses only, but various other combinations have been reported with mixed success.
Old Mar 4, 2003, 8:49 pm

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Earn 500 Hilton HHonors bonus points when you join MyPoints

Saw this on the Hilton Hhonors website:

MyPoints is a free membership program where you earn Points for shopping, reading emails and more. Accrue 1,000 MyPoints Points and redeem them for HHonors rewards. Click here for details.

http://www.mypoints.com/mp/dmp?objec...anding.default
Old Mar 5, 2003, 12:51 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
This has been known for some time...if anyone wants a referral email me
Old Mar 5, 2003, 1:50 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Only for US residents... feh.
Old Mar 5, 2003, 5:30 am

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by welookgood.com:
This has been known for some time...if anyone wants a referral email me</font>
This has nothing to do with a referral. It is from the HHonors site. I don't get any points for this.
Old Mar 5, 2003, 6:07 am

I didn't know about this. Thank you very much for posting!

[This message has been edited by Alison (edited 03-05-2003).]
Old Mar 5, 2003, 7:26 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I did not know either, Thanks for the post!
Old Mar 5, 2003, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Coincidentally, I joined them just before this thread appeared.
I have not given my HHonors info to MyPoints so I don't see how this bonus works?
Old Mar 7, 2003, 4:31 am

Programs: UA1P, HH Gold
MyPoints to Hilton x-fer?

I transferred 2000 pts from MyPoints to Hilton last week after buying my Amtrak ticket, but nothing has posted to my Hilton account. I was expecting to see something this morning since I'd heard the update happens on Thursday nights. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I be concerned?
Old Mar 7, 2003, 5:59 am

Mine did not post as well
Old Mar 7, 2003, 6:58 am

Same here: nothing posted last night. On the MyPoints site they still show "Pending redemption".

Previous transfers always showed up in my HHonors account on Friday morning.
Apparently many of us didn't have any points posting last night, so hopefully it is a problem with MyPoints or Hilton and has nothing to do with the individual account.

With all these nice offers on MyPoints last week (I accrued about 7000 points for less than 6$) they maybe ran out of HHonors points
Old Mar 7, 2003, 8:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Mine and my husbands did not post either.
Old Mar 7, 2003, 8:12 am

I got an email indicating I have to fax them a copy of my ID for futher identification.
Old Mar 7, 2003, 8:56 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
It's been a week since I bought my Amtrak ticket and tried to convert 3,000 MyPoints to HHonors. My order remains at "Pending Processing." I called MyPoints to find out what the deal was, and they just said, oh, it takes a while sometimes with no indication of how long the wait might be. In my experience, MyPoints has been absolutely horrendous in both posting points to my account and to HHonors. It's frustrating.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 10:14 am

I just tried to check my account and It has been disabled. I bought Amtrak ticket last week and the points posted to my account. I hope something hasn't gone wrong. Paranoia??
Any ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.