Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Cyprus {CYP} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2001, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling

Has anyone stayed here? Any comments?
Old Mar 15, 2003, 6:32 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Hilton Cyprus

I am thinking about staying at the Hilton Cyprus in a couple of months.

Has anyone ever stayed here? Does their Executive Level have a lounge?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 10:32 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Bumping this in the hope that someone may have some information. I will be in Cyprus in a couple of weeks and may spend some time in Nicosia.
Old Jul 7, 2003, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
New Hilton Nicosia is rewards level 1 and is on PS for July and August
Is it out the way? Seems good for 6000 per night
Old Jul 9, 2003, 10:18 am

just checked out the cyprus hilton this morning (be carefull, there is another hilton in nicosia ) .
as hh gold , received an upgrade to exec.floor incl. a bottle of domestic red wine , breakfast and exec.lounge access. rooms are nice , but not sensational .
overall impression is fair.
however, corporate rate C£ 119.- seems pricy for cyprus.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 2:30 pm
Community Director Emerita

Any reports on the Hilton Park Nicosia? It is half the price of the Hilton for the date I checked in March. How is the location for sightseeing?
Old Jan 7, 2004, 6:36 pm
Community Director Emerita

bump - still searching for information on the two Hiltons in Cyprus.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 8:07 am

Hilton Cyprus reservation posted to spouse's account

just been booking a series of two night stays around Europe for myself and my wife, and in order to maximize stay credits for each i have been booking the first night and she has been booking the second night. we will obviously be happy to change rooms at the hotel if necessary on the second day, but we haven't usually needed to do this in the past.

however, despite receiving the correct email reservation confirmations with our respective names and HH account numbers, i have just noticed that the Hilton Cyprus has both separate night's stays listed under my reservations (with my name and account number) and there is nothing on my wife's account.

although our surnames are the same, and the CC used was the same account, i am surprised that this is even possible (in these days of privacy laws) since it was booked and confirmed via a specific account - ie what if it wasn't me that my wife was spending the night with (etc, etc).

anyone else had any experience of this? how have they had it resolved? we certainly want the extra stay credit, so we don't intend to let this go, but just wondered if there were any data points from our big fluffy FT community.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 7:46 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Gold every other chain
Originally Posted by dickieducker
just been booking a series of two night stays around Europe for myself and my wife, and in order to maximize stay credits for each i have been booking the first night and she has been booking the second night. we will obviously be happy to change rooms at the hotel if necessary on the second day, but we haven't usually needed to do this in the past.

however, despite receiving the correct email reservation confirmations with our respective names and HH account numbers, i have just noticed that the Hilton Cyprus has both separate night's stays listed under my reservations (with my name and account number) and there is nothing on my wife's account.

although our surnames are the same, and the CC used was the same account, i am surprised that this is even possible (in these days of privacy laws) since it was booked and confirmed via a specific account - ie what if it wasn't me that my wife was spending the night with (etc, etc).

anyone else had any experience of this? how have they had it resolved? we certainly want the extra stay credit, so we don't intend to let this go, but just wondered if there were any data points from our big fluffy FT community.

Hi, enjoy your stay in Cyprus. I was there many times and stayed in the Hilton Park and Hilton Cyprus, which are both in Nicosia. Hilton Park has a better gym, pool complex and outside bar area, but worse rooms and no lounge. I enjoyed Hilton Cyprus better though and was closer to town, but don't stay too long. As a tourist, you will have more fun at the shore points and there is history there (Greek ruins, Crusader Castles) too. My favorite place on the island was Ayia Napa with its eye opening beaches and nightlight. ....As for your stays...I see what you are trying to do...I had all kinds of problems with points there too. I would suggest you write to the manager and let him know what you want to do. I don't see it as a problem In person, remember English will be a second language there. Save your email, with response, and send later to HH if needed.
Old May 12, 2013, 6:28 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Any recent experiences with either of these two Cyprus properties? In particular TA suggests the Park propoerty now has an EL, which could be interesting. Thx
Old May 13, 2013, 9:39 pm

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Any recent experiences with either of these two Cyprus properties? In particular TA suggests the Park propoerty now has an EL, which could be interesting. Thx
Have stayed at both properties as gold and received good upgrades at both.
Stopped most recently at Hilton Cyprus as diamond and was very well looked after.
Not stayed at the Nicosia Park property since EL has opened.
IMO the Hilton Cyprus is much better location wise and also has a nice outdoor pool.
Staff very pleasant at both properties ^^

Last edited by russ1h; May 13, 2013 at 9:42 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 23, 2016, 5:17 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Just stayed here on a "budget" MR + last minute "personal business" trip to Cyprus.

The "Kapnos Airport Shuttle" costs €8 and takes you from LCA to a parking lot in the outskirts of the city. The hotel is 10 minutes walk away. As I had only hand luggage this was the simplest way to get there.

I used points and money at 16000 points + €50, which was very reasonable as they wanted €255 for a standard room. The room was booked about 20 hours before I arrived, using points from a relative's account. In the past, when other people have booked rooms for me using their points, I have been given my Gold / Diamond benefits. However, the manager said that he could not change the HHonors number when points came from there, so he could only go by the status of the account where the points came from, which seemed fair enough to me. I'm still not clear on what the official Hilton policy is.

I was then offered an upgrade to a suite for €420 or executive room for €60. I chose to upgrade to the executive room as otherwise I would not have lounge access or breakfast since my relative was statusless. The executive rooms are in a different part of the hotel. My room had a balcony with a nice view of the hotel gardens and the nearby suburbs.

There are various shops including some selling boutique/craft items in the large lobby on the ground floor.

The wifi was not extremely fast but perfectly fine to use for work.

There isn't much in the locality around the hotel. There is one restaurant, an average bakery and a dingy supermarket which the average clientele of the hotel would not go to. Many airlines have their offices here too.

The lounge serves basic but substantial variety of hot and cold food from 5-7pm. Drinks can be self-serve or requested (for the higher-end drinks). As I had just come from a timezone where it was midnight, I didn't want to spend time eating a big dinner later, but having arrived in Y class, was still hungry. I was able to have a very filling light meal just from the items in the lounge.

I had a full breakfast in the breakfast room, which was excellent. The waiters kept refilling my juice and coffee as well as serving various bread items. The staff and various managers (including 3 staff in the lounge) seemed to be very familiar with many of the guests, perhaps because some of them were staying for several weeks.

It is possible to walk to the city center in 20 minutes, which is what I did after the very filling breakfast.

I would gladly stay again if I needed to be in the capital and wanted the best experience or to spend a bit more money. Otherwise I would go to the other Hilton.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
And recent updates for here folks?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:19 am

Programs: SK Gold
I just spent a couple of days there with my family in two rooms. It was my first stay as a Diamond member (matched status) and I could not have been more pleased. The staff went totally out of their way to be accommodating at all times. We received an upgrade to a junior suite for the first room and to an executive room with balcony for the other room. There was a nice fruit plate, a pastry plate and two 1l (!) bottles of water, sparkling and still, very much appreciated. The bottles in the other room were smaller. After 5 minutes in the room the guest relations manager who had greeted us on arrival called and asked whether everything was to our liking. After 5 more minutes the front desk officer who had checked us in called and asked whether everything was okay. We left before anyone else could call. Both rooms received access to the executive lounge. The lounge served breakfast (we were advised breakfast in the restaurant was better) and an evening spread from 5 to 7 pm that included 3 hot dishes, which one could easily make a dinner out of, if one wanted to do so.

I realize it was a slow time of the year for the property and maybe we received especially nice treatment. Still it seemed the staff is just very nice at all times and generally trying very hard to be accommodating.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I completed a one-night paid stay at this hotel yesterday as a Gold member, booked direct. Booked King Guest Room (lowest level available) and was given the best upgrade of my life to a King Executive Suite -- 78 sq. meters. The price difference between the two categories would have been about 450 euros, with the King Executive Suite one category below the Presidential Suite. A fruit platter, Cypriot peanut snack bar, half bottle of wine, and 1L each of sparkling and still water were waiting for us in the suite, which was also adorned with fresh flowers throughout. In terms of cleanliness, everything was spotless and they went so far as to fold the towels in the shape of a swan on our bed, and in the shape of a flower in the bathroom. Breakfast was outstanding, with something for everyone. I was not around to use the Executive Lounge from 5-7PM, so beyond the standard non-alcoholic beverages and light snacks throughout the day, I can't comment about the evening drink and food selection. Service all throughout was prompt, courteous, and with a smile -- especially Markos at the front desk.

I had been in town for one night a week ago and stayed at a much smaller independent hotel across the street, which was also a very positive experience. But after the royal treatment they gave me at the Hilton (as Gold, at that.. Diamond probably would've received the Presidential Suite!) -- my loyalty is now set in stone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.