Wiki Posts
Search

1st time at Homewood Suites

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2000, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

1st time at Homewood Suites

Hello,
I have checked into Plano,Texas' Homewood Suites. This is my first time staying at HS and I am very pleasantly surprised, to me the room i have now is better than Residence Inn. Also, I need some nights to turn in to become Gold enjoying the stay here with my wife.
Old Oct 4, 2000, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Homewood suites, my personal experience sor far,

This is my 4th day here at Homewood @ Plano. So far so good, the free breakfast and supper are great, because I can save money and do other things with my wife here. Compared to Residence Inn, Homewood to me comes out the better of the two. For one, Residence Inn doesn't have free suppers every night, those suppers can really add up Also, I don't really mind about the Miles and Points! I guess I made the right choice between the Courtyard (This is the only other hotel that I can find in Plano,though I heard that they do have a Residence Inn here) and Homewood, I am glad that I chose the latter!
I will definately try to get Homewood next time!
Old Oct 4, 2000, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Sorry upgrademe. I totally forgot about the previous thread.
Old Oct 5, 2000, 12:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
I agree, I have found that the HS product is better than Residence Inn. I have also found the Hilton Garden Inn is also better than the Courtyard by Marriott. The addition of the business center, refidgerator and microwave just provide more value for the dollar spent than the Courtyard and Residence Inn Products.

Look out Marriott!!
Old Oct 5, 2000, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

My collegue who is staying at Courtyard said that Courtyard S***s, not only do they not have fridge,stove,and microwave, but they also CHARGE for breakfast, where just down the street, Homewood is offering free breakfast and dinner, in fact, my wife and I just enjoyed a great free dinner, those sandwiches were delicious, especially when they are FREE!!!

Al
Old Oct 7, 2000, 9:16 am

Programs: USAir AA Hilton
I'm booked into the Homewood Suites Los Colinas close to DFW on the 10th.. I only need a few more Hilton nights to make Diamond and every other Hilton property nearby was booked.. I have become a real fan of the Hilton Garden Inns.. I consider them a far superior option to the courtyards now.. Of course, I still prefer full service hotels, but the microwave et al and the # of properties w/ high speed access really swayed me to the Garden properties.. I'm anxious to see how the Homewoods measure up!
Old Oct 7, 2000, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Even though I have never been to the Gardens before, I am pretty sure you will like it here in Homewood, it is superior than Residence Inn, you will have free breakfast and dinner ( as far as my Homewood goes) service is on-par, and those stoves are quiet useful when you are tired of eating out.
Old Oct 15, 2000, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Enjoyed the stay at Homewood very much, the best thing is that they have lowered my room rate from $98/night to $69!!!!

What a great property!
Old Oct 15, 2000, 6:55 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

HS stays have been few and far between and I can count them on one hand- but thay have been excellent with particularly large sized rooms, it seems, as well!
Old Oct 16, 2000, 7:43 am

Programs: USAir AA Hilton
My stay at Los Colinas Homewood Suites was actually quite nice! As a woman travler, I'm not a huge fan of exterior room entrances, which this one had - and because I had no bill slipped under my door, I had to get in my car, drive up the the lobby entrance, park, get out, and go into the lobby to check out.. that I didn't like.

But the room (a 'master' suite - complete w/ fireplace) was quite nice. As was the small box of chocolates! I'd stay again, but would ask about layout in terms of exterior entrances and whether they provide invoices to prevent having to go to lobby.
Old Oct 16, 2000, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Master Suite? Wow, I only got the standard Suite with King bedroom. Overall, my wife and I enjoyed the stay very much. Just wish that 13 nights would be 23 nights.
Old Dec 23, 2000, 10:36 am

I stay at a HS near the Willowbrook Mall whenever I go to Houston (I work for Compaq) Its clean, accessible to about a dozen restaurants and the rate is usually around $99.00 per night.

Barry
Old Dec 24, 2000, 8:51 pm

I stayed at the one in Las Colinas on march just before they became a Hilton and liked it very much. Now, I stay at the one in Addison and I have a Master Suite with a fireplace as well. This is the best location in Dallas with all the restaurants within walking distance - realy the best place in town.
Old Feb 7, 2001, 9:32 pm
dvb

Homewood Suites is the hotel i have feel in love with. The large rooms and the most important to me..the personable service and new products wherever you go....watch out Residence Inn.....and as a Texas travler...Lubbock Texas is opening a Homewood...watch out Residence Inn Lubbock
Old Feb 7, 2001, 11:08 pm
Original Member

dvb: A Homewood Suites in Lubbock?? Will it still be close enough to walk to dinner at The 50 Yard Line? (from someone who's tired of the Residence Inn and even more tired of the Holiday Inn Civic Center!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.