Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alana Waikiki {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alana Waikiki {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Staying here now, first time since COVID. Arrived at about 11am to check in, and room was ready, which was a nice surprise. We booked and received a corner partial ocean view king with two balconies. No regular housekeeping “for your privacy”, though it can be arranged with one day’s notice, otherwise front desk will be able to arrange for fresh towels, additional toiletries, etc. if you text them. Diamond breakfast is $10 credit each per day at the on site Hiking Hawaii Cafe, open until 2pm daily. It’s a use it daily or lose it daily credit. Pool and gym are open.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
When I last stayed there maybe 5 years ago, I think it was a full breakfast in the restaurant. Looks like lots has changed. I was planning a trip and thinking of staying there. Looks like I'll have to investigate further.
Old May 1, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by manneca
When I last stayed there maybe 5 years ago, I think it was a full breakfast in the restaurant. Looks like lots has changed. I was planning a trip and thinking of staying there. Looks like I'll have to investigate further.
The on-site restaurant is currently closed.
Old May 1, 2021, 3:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
I just stayed here last weekend. Booked the travelzoo deal (no stay credit, points, or breakfast credit) but can’t complain with a partial ocean view suite at a low price and reduced resort fee. They still honored late checkout, however.

Hotel seemed fairly empty but almost everything (except the main restaurant) was open. I’d come back again.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Any updates here? What is the breakfast/credit for Golds at this particular Doubletree?
Seeing standard award nights so its tempting vs my marriott certs down the road
Old Feb 11, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Bretmd
I just stayed here last weekend. Booked the travelzoo deal (no stay credit, points, or breakfast credit) but can’t complain with a partial ocean view suite at a low price and reduced resort fee. They still honored late checkout, however.

Hotel seemed fairly empty but almost everything (except the main restaurant) was open. I’d come back again.
Hey I just read this. I am heading down a couple of times in the next two months. Been staying at the Hilton Waikiki. Any real issues not shared staying here. Strong wifi? You said most was closed except for the one restaurant. Any info would help, thanks
Old Feb 11, 2022, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Hey I just read this. I am heading down a couple of times in the next two months. Been staying at the Hilton Waikiki. Any real issues not shared staying here. Strong wifi? You said most was closed except for the one restaurant. Any info would help, thanks
I've stayed here multiple times pre-COVID. Great location, fine breakfast in the one and only restaurant. If any COVID BS, then sorry, but it's been a great affordable option in the past. All the best.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:41 am

I have an upcoming 3-day stay and have $250 resort credit unused. Apart from room charge, what other activities or amenties I can spend at this property?
Old Oct 4, 2022, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Do they waive the resort fee for Diamonds on award stays or if you cry long enough? Thanks.

Last edited by kevino; Dec 8, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Old Oct 4, 2022, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by kevino
Do they waive the resort fee for Diamonds or on award stays or if you cry long enough? Thanks.

hi

on full point award stays the resort fee is not applied

Regards

tbs
kevino and formeraa like this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
What's the breakfast situation like here for Diamonds these days?
Old Jan 9, 2023, 12:17 am

Hi all,

any recent stays here? I am trying to decide between the Doubletree and the Hilton Garden Inn as a cheaper option. The last reviews for the Doubletree are quite appalling. Also any benefits for Diamonds at either hotel?

Thank you very much in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.