FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Miami Airport Blue Lagoon {US-FL} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/123156-hilton-miami-airport-blue-lagoon-us-fl.html)

nk15 Feb 9, 2017 7:54 pm

Does anyone know if they give any elite benefits if booked via an OTA? Like complimentary breakfast?

jcresq Mar 23, 2017 11:32 am

I just stayed last night. I thought it was OK, nothing great. I did not receive an upgrade as a Diamond. The room was fairly small, but not their lowest level room as it has a lagoon view, which I found unimpressive. I did hear a lot of airplane noise. Breakfast was a little disappointing...as a Diamond you get a voucher for the continental buffet, hot food is an $5 upgrade. there is really nowhere to eat close by, and the room service menu is sparse. I wouldn'tgo out of my way to stay there again, but it's not on my "avoid" list either.

simonspear Mar 23, 2017 2:45 pm

When I stayed last month the property was actually better than I had expected it would be (based on opinions here and other reviews). There is however a complete lack of enthusiasm in providing elite benefits and they will only do the absolute bare minimum required (i.e. adhering to continental breakfast only).

nldogbert Jun 19, 2017 9:13 pm

Quick review: June 2017 stay

Hi,

Stayed here for 1 night before my early morning flight the next day.

As other have said, an OK property. My experience as an Elite member
- check-in line even for the HHonors line was painfully long. I believe that there is they way they process guest is just structurally nok. It took close to 10 mins for each guests to be processed - be it elite or non-elite line from what I noticed. For me without asking for anything, just presenting the usual credentials, and answering yes/no, it still took them close to the 10 mins with all details on record.
- was upgraded to a bay room on the higher floor
- given a voucher to 1 small snack and 1 alcoholic drink (even though I mentioned I was 2) at the bar lounge
- given a breakfast coupon

- Room was ok. Nothing special (or bad) to what an Hilton room is.
- Breakfast - As an airport hotel, breakfast starts only at 0600 am. I would have expected something earlier especially as an airport hotel. Since I informed during check-in that I will not be able to partake in breakfast, I was given a coffee voucher (but turns out even Starbucks at that time served basic coffee - so no Cappuccino, etc at the time) - one of the weak point in all aspect in my opinion.
- a big black mark for the hotel - they have this so called administration charge of $5 per package received at the hotel for administration purposes. I never really get why hotels have to capitalize on this. I believe the only other hotel (which I have blacklisted) that does this another property at LAX. This is just nickle and diming a guest. I can understand if someone is not staying at the property.
- Around the property, there is nothing much for food options.

Cheers!

jerry a. laska Aug 30, 2017 5:18 pm

Had a one night stay here last week. I arrived about midnight and caught the shuttle to the hotel shortly after arriving at the curb. I had no wait at check in. As a diamond was upgraded to a Lagoon view room which includes views of the airport. Asked for a 1pm late checkout and was offered 2pm instead.

Breakfast in the morning was a cold continental buffet; for $5 you can upgrade to all the hot items on the buffet and the omelet station. Typical urban running routes in the area.

FlyerTalker6245 Sep 30, 2017 5:24 am

Appetiser and drink coupon discontinued

I stayed here for one night in September.

As a Diamond, on asking for an upgrade was upgraded to a 'high floor lagoon view'. The high floor was on floor 6 out of 12...

The appetiser coupon has been discontinued. This was the only reason I chose this hotel over the Embassy Suites (rightly or wrongly).

I was given two waters at check in as those left in the room are attached to an automatic charging mechanism.

At breakfast, there was really very little service from the staff at all. The manager showed me to a table and disappeared. I never saw any other staff at breakfast.

Overall I can't say I'd recommend the hotel.

tkelvin69 Jul 1, 2018 11:50 am

Five night stay June 2018.

Started off badly when it took over an hour to get to the hotel via shuttle. The first shuttle took an outer lane with a barrier (all other hotel shuttles did not) and when it came curbside it was to far gone and did not wait. Tried to call the hotel and got an endless loop of select this option. The second shuttle did the same thing but went past me (after I moved further down) and I only got it because there were many people loading. Driver had a crappy attitude. Got to the hotel around 11:30pm and two lines were at least 6 deep each. Fortunately, I had opted for the digital key and went straight to the room.

Upgrade to a pretty nice suite and no complaints about the room although a bit dated.

I used the message the hotel option and had request to speak to a manager regarding the shuttle issue. Even with scheduling a time, no call came. Messaged again and the following day spoke with a manager who said he would look into it. No further action noted. Might have been nice to get a drink or something for the poor service/attitude.

Overall, property decent although a bit busy (kids and I imagine cruise people)

Check out - opted for the email folio and had some parking charges even though I didn't have a car. No response from the hotel via message or the manager I spoke with earlier. Contacted the diamond desk who sent an email to the hotel. A couple days later a revised folio and credit card credit without explanation.

I'd give it 3.5/5 with the suite upgrade and poor service response.

loosehead Dec 28, 2018 4:03 pm

Several years since I'd been here as a solo business traveller and returned with my family for a 3-night points stay over Christmas. Room was good - "upgraded" to a corner room with an airport view - well furnished but a little worn in places.
Disappointed with 2 areas - not worth taking the HH Diamond (continental) breakfast offered, as expected to pay $10 for my 6yo daughter (see this post), and, car parking is now a very high $19/day for residents, with barriers that barely recognized the room key cards once signed up.

SSF556 Apr 16, 2020 8:24 am

Hilton Miami Airport Suspended

Just got an email for a reservation I had May 5-7. Did they shutdown the whole hotel for the flu?

Weird times.

sethb Apr 16, 2020 9:34 am

In case you've been asleep for the last month, a whole lot of hotels have closed temporarily. Occupancy at most of the remaining ones is tiny (except perhaps for those donating rooms to healthcare workers).

Coronavirus isn't the flu.

cblaisd Apr 16, 2020 2:41 pm

The hotel's website says

Due to the current travel environment, this hotel is currently not accepting guests for a short period. Reservations are available for future dates. Please see below for up-to-date policy information and ways to contact Hilton Guest Assistance. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel soon.

uclacolumbiaunc Mar 9, 2021 4:14 pm

I want a room with runway view. I've read that room number 920 or 1020 (assuming it's 9th and 10th floor). But what kind of room should i book to at least ask for these two rooms?

Hawkeyefan Mar 11, 2021 9:59 am

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc (Post 33089312)
I want a room with runway view. I've read that room number 920 or 1020 (assuming it's 9th and 10th floor). But what kind of room should i book to at least ask for these two rooms?

We stayed here last spring as a Diamond. Hate to tell you, but booking this hotel with hopes of watching air traffic is going to be a disappointment. Hotel is across the lagoon and a highway from the airport. I'd book on convenience to MIA alone.

aww3583 Mar 11, 2021 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan (Post 33093394)
booking this hotel with hopes of watching air traffic is going to be a disappointment. Hotel is across the lagoon and a highway from the airport.

Agreed on this. We had a suite on the top floor facing east. We were able to see air traffic departing eastbound but it was well into the climb-out phase.

uclacolumbiaunc Mar 11, 2021 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan (Post 33093394)
We stayed here last spring as a Diamond. Hate to tell you, but booking this hotel with hopes of watching air traffic is going to be a disappointment. Hotel is across the lagoon and a highway from the airport. I'd book on convenience to MIA alone.

Originally Posted by aww3583 (Post 33093511)
Agreed on this. We had a suite on the top floor facing east. We were able to see air traffic departing eastbound but it was well into the climb-out phase.

the view of runway seems pretty nice from the photo in this blog if you can get the right room. is this the room you guys got? this looks like a room in the north east corner of the building.

did you guys have problem with aircraft noise at night?

Plane Spotting Miami | Plane-Spotting-Hotels

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...a63316415d.jpg