FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Miami Airport Blue Lagoon {US-FL} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/123156-hilton-miami-airport-blue-lagoon-us-fl.html)

JDiver Mar 9, 2013 1:53 pm

We stayed twice recently on the basis of better reviews, reasonable MVP rates (I did request the upgrade to a "Lagoon View" room offered "eStandby Xtra Offer" for $0), and were not at all disappointed. The GM is Raul Aguilera now.

The van both times was driven by a Eurpoean chap who enjoys classical music and is very helpful and friendly. The check-in personnel were welcoming and gave us:
● Chit for two nonalcoholic beverages or hors d-oeuvres at the bar (value ~$20, we basically had a glass of wine each and shared our appies as a light supper).

● Chit to put out for the two bottles of water in our room.

● Chits for breakfast (Continental breakfast in restaurant, a decent breakfast with any cold items and oatmeal, upgrade to hot cooked breakfast is $10 per person).

● Letters - one welcoming us from the manager with a recompilation of facilities and hours, the other with our free WiFi access code.
One time we were upgraded to Suite 650, the next to 1340. 650 faces northeast and the main runway for landing during normal wind conditions; 1340 faces the bay and east enough to hear some aircraft noise - but not so much in the bedroom. 1340 has a nice balcony to boot, and is far from the elevators.

Note: The Cove bar (open 3:00 PM - midnight) is accessed through the restaurant, as the lobby bar and back area is being renovated currently. The restaurant hours are 6:30 - 11:00 AM for breakfast, 11:30 - 3:00 for lunch, and 6:00 - 10:30 PM for dinner, daily.

The 2nd floor Business Center is credit card operated - but there is a free provision for printing boarding passes. ^

All in all, nice stay in a very busy hotel; we were welcomed warmly and treated well. (For further information see my and others' reviews upthread.) If you are noise-sensitive, it may be time to use those earplugs unless you enjoy the sounds of aircraft engines. Otherwise, this hotel has been renovated, has all the facilities of a decent business hotel and is close to the airport.

JohanSlam Mar 9, 2013 2:39 pm

^

Originally Posted by MIKESILV (Post 7038697)
Next time stay at the Hampton Inn - South just a stones throw from the Hilton. Newer property almost everytime I get a suite and the first early shuttle at 530 am and quite reliable.
Free internet, secure parking and access to HH Floors by keycard.
Rates often half the Hilton plus if you drive you have to pay parking at the Hilton.

Since I am usually out of there pretty early, while lounge at Hilton may not yet open you can always get danish, muffins and coffee at the Hampton no matter what time you are up.
mike

poochie2013 Oct 27, 2013 9:21 am

Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport

I stayed on October 15 for a night, there is construction going on at 1st floor, find it inconvenient. Reception is currently located in one corner in the breakfast area. Unless a significant discount is offered there are other hilton group hotels in the area as alternatives that are on the price range.

NDDomer86 Oct 28, 2013 12:02 am

Originally Posted by poochie2013 (Post 21676781)
I stayed on October 15 for a night, there is construction going on at 1st floor, find it inconvenient. Reception is currently located in one corner in the breakfast area. Unless a significant discount is offered there are other hilton group hotels in the area as alternatives that are on the price range.

Being in a completely different city of three to four hours away, what does this have to do with the Hilton Miami Airport?!? :confused::confused::confused:

FieldEngineer Nov 25, 2013 5:20 am

Hilton Miami Airport

Originally booked a 2 double bed balcony (No single beds were available). At the front desk, I asked if any upgrades were available and was told I could upgrade to a King balcony for an extra $30/night.

Shouldn't this have been free for a Gold?

3Cforme Nov 25, 2013 6:30 am

That depends on whether the hotel considers a king balcony room more than one room class up from the type reserved.

The latest in an endless string of room upgrade benefit threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-upgrades.html

CMK10 Dec 30, 2013 10:04 pm

Stay Report 12/25-12/26

Check-In: I called for a ride from the shuttle and waited a little over 20 minutes to get one, off to a bad start. At check-in I asked about an upgrade and was told they could give me an "upgraded view" but that was it, I couldn't even get out of the cheaper two beds into a King. I also had to ask about my breakfast coupon.

http://cmk10.smugmug.com/Other/Nicar...DSCN0072-L.jpg

Christmas Tree in the lobby, last year when I was here there wasn't furniture yet.

Room: A two bed room as pictured, you can even see the "upgraded view" :rolleyes: It was far from the elevator which is not what my profile asks for but other than that it was fine. There was an outlet near the bed, the shower was great, and wifi worked fine so no complaints there.

http://cmk10.smugmug.com/Other/Nicar...DSCN0073-L.jpg

http://cmk10.smugmug.com/Other/Nicar...DSCN0074-L.jpg

http://cmk10.smugmug.com/Other/Nicar...DSCN0078-L.jpg

Breakfast/Other: As a Gold I was given a coupon for a continental breakfast in the lobby. This meant cereal, yogurt, fruit, pastries etc. The service was really good and the waitress kept trying to get me to drink more drinks and was very kind. She said the upgrade to the full breakfast is $9.07. Shuttle back to the airport was no problem.

http://cmk10.smugmug.com/Other/Nicar...DSCN0080-L.jpg

Note: this is not a good touch to leave in someone's room:

http://cmk10.smugmug.com/Other/Nicar...DSCN0075-L.jpg

I'm traveling solo, my name is Charles, pick me a gender, please.

Somewhat disappointing stay but hey, it was $104 and near the airport.

JohnnyColombia Apr 16, 2014 7:55 am

I stayed here last night and my experience was pretty much the same as CMK10's

Two free bottles of water
My My Way preference is the points but they gave me two breakfast vouchers despite my leaving before breakfast and telling them there was just me
Also got a coupon for an appetiser in the bar plus a soft drink. Went to the bar but didn't use it.
I got the 11th floor. I requested a room with a bathtub and was told that none of their rooms have them. So was surprised to find a bathtub in my room

Very dead this morning, got the overnight receptionist to book me a taxi because the shuttle does not start until 5am

HVAC is quite noisy but that I think that's on purpose to raise the ambient sound level. Planes taking off didn't bother me

tkelvin69 Oct 21, 2014 9:02 am

"You've been upgrade to a king bed!"

2 nights on different stays. Nothing fancy here and don't expect an upgrade although I was told my king bed was an upgrade. Both times they charged for the free bottled water and had to have the charges removed. First time there wasn't much noise but the second time there was - perhaps depends on which side?

Okay for $120/nt but not very impressed.

CMK10 Oct 21, 2014 9:11 am

Originally Posted by tkelvin69 (Post 23710862)
2 nights on different stays. Nothing fancy here and don't expect an upgrade although I was told my king bed was an upgrade. Both times they charged for the free bottled water and had to have the charges removed. First time there wasn't much noise but the second time there was - perhaps depends on which side?

Okay for $120/nt but not very impressed.

That's about how I feel. At least you got the upgrade to the King Bed, my last stay there I couldn't even swing that :rolleyes:

IsleOfMan Oct 21, 2014 9:37 am

Seems like things have changed at this property... back in the '07-'08 time frame I received upgrades ranging from Jr. Suites all the way up to their 2-floor suites, all on very low corp rates for a local business.

Occasionally these room types were even bookable on the rate codes... once I booked the 2-floor suite, only to find my room type had been reassigned to a standard double prior to check-in. The front desk wasn't willing to help, but when I brought it to the attention of the GM they comped the first nigh of the stay, got me into a corner Jr Suite, paid for dinner for 2 at the restaurant, and upgraded me to the 2-floor suite on my next stay.

LucWise Oct 21, 2014 9:58 am

I stayed there last month. Asked for an upgrade and was denied and remained in my two-room bed (not even a King). Food in the restaurant was dreadful. Slept well... but annoyed that they won't put the bill under the door anymore.

CMK10 Oct 21, 2014 10:16 am

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan (Post 23711060)
Seems like things have changed at this property... back in the '07-'08 time frame I received upgrades ranging from Jr. Suites all the way up to their 2-floor suites, all on very low corp rates for a local business.

I agree, my first stay here was December, 2012 and I was upgraded to a Junior Suite. Something changed in the next year I guess.

FlugE Oct 21, 2014 11:54 am

Stayed here one night in April. Booked room with "Romance package" since it was no extra cost (a glitch?) but didn't receive any wine. Didn't mention it at once since we arrived late and just wanted the sleep but told about this on checkout and got $50 off the bill and an apology. Nice gesture imo!

aww3583 May 24, 2016 9:26 am

Any additional or more recent info on this property?

Considering a 2-night stay here for business in July, but am open to any other HHonors property in the area.

How loud is the airport?