Hilton London Kensington {GBR}

Old Oct 28, 2003, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Stayed in Kensigton w/wife 2 nites in Aug.
Selected because the Airbus A2 bus has stop right by it. It starts at LHR 4 terminals (T1/stop10, T2/5, T3/1, T4/15), Cost 4 pound per person. Worked great both ways, abt 30-40 min ride. Hilton has schedule brochure (to plan which dep-time to take back).
Booked via Londontown.com at $125 (tax + breakfast included) -got points+mileage.
Got no upgrade (Gold). Room not big but reasonable. Walk to subway reasonable. Overall recommended.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Don't overlook the airport transit info available under FT Airports!!! Click on FT Airports, find London and click on LHR, and that takes you to the official LHR website. Plenty of detailed transit info there.

Kathy
Old Oct 29, 2003, 2:33 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Thanks everyone ! I shall take the bus!
Old Oct 29, 2003, 5:44 pm

Programs: CO-Plat, HH-Diamond, MR-Gold, SPG-Gold
My wife and I did a reward stay at the Hilton Olympia last year and it wasn't bad. We were Gold at the time and they upgraded us to a slightly better room than normal. The only problem was whenever housekeeping went in or out of a room they always let the doors slam shut. It sounded like a gunshot each and every time. We complained and they gave us 50,000 points back from our award. Not too shabby...
Old Oct 30, 2003, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed there last week for 69GBP/night and will stay only if itsa 89GBP/night or less and only for the HH points. They served deep fried cheese (I think) versions of onion rings and they were definately not chewable and not edible. Only the crisps were edible. I add ice to all drinks there so thats no problem (the ice machine is down the hall and down one floor). The breakfasts are fine. The bottled water is free. The lounge is smoke-free. I am glad the booze is free as one needs it anymore.

MisterNice
Old Oct 30, 2003, 7:00 pm

The lounge at the Kensington is not really so bad, but you do need to like potato chips.
Old Oct 31, 2003, 4:09 am

I stay here frequently, because it's convenient for LHR on those late arrivals and early departures. I don't use the lounge (I don't usually eat breakfast, and during the evening hours I'm out and about) so I don't care what it's like.

This morning when I checked in I was assigned a suite, on a rate of 59 (inclusive of tax). I'm pretty pleased.
Old Nov 20, 2003, 4:51 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, HHonors Gold
Just stayed at the Kensington Hilton at a 68 pounds rate - no problem getting an upgrade because of my Gold status. Lounge is so-so (very small indeed), but staff is very friendly. Upon returning from dinner I checked out the lounge after 10pm to find it closed, but one of the girls gave me half a bottle of white wine to take back to my room.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 2:49 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by OttoGraham:
if you are coming in from Heathrow, it is a direct bus ride on the Airbus, terminal-to-front-door.</font>
I took the bus - it was great. Nice, fast, clean and door to door. Great tip. Thank you very much!
Old Nov 21, 2003, 3:13 am

I would look at the paddo hilton. I know it is a bit more but I got it for 115 pound with tax.great for coming from heathrow
Old Nov 21, 2003, 3:16 am

Programs: OnePass
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GoldCircle:
I took the bus - it was great. Nice, fast, clean and door to door. Great tip. Thank you very much!</font>

Is it still 4 single (one-way)? When I was there, the concierge said it was 8, and the customer service hotline said 10. Since I had just one bag to carry decided to ride the tube to LHR for 2.30.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 8:42 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by anthonyanthony:

Is it still 4 single (one-way)? When I was there, the concierge said it was 8, and the customer service hotline said 10. Since I had just one bag to carry decided to ride the tube to LHR for 2.30.
</font>
I believe it was 8, paying on board, though I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention.

Nice views sitting upstairs - better than the the HEx, and certainly better than the tube
Old Nov 21, 2003, 8:53 am

Will be staying at the H Kensington 3x over the next few months including 11/30-12/1. Will post updates & DIA experiences. Was looking for something inexpensive (69GBP incl. tax & brekkie) but decent with good access to LHR; looks like this is quite acceptable.

Thank you for the Airbus tips, looks like (combined with a 1 day off peak tube pass) to be a good way to get around LHR for the 24 hours we'll be there this trip.

Dutchbird, (or others), do you have any idea how the AMS City Centre is in AMS? We couldn't find anything 3* for less (looks like a good location) while staying 28 Nov - 30 Nov.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by anthonyanthony:
Is it still 4 single (one-way)? When I was there, the concierge said it was 8, and the customer service hotline said 10. Since I had just one bag to carry decided to ride the tube to LHR for 2.30.</font>
The bus has different prices depending upon how far you are going or coming from. To Bayswater it is only 6; to the area of the Kensington Hilton - 8; Kings Cross - 10. Return tickets are all 15 or thereabouts.

Old Nov 22, 2003, 9:09 am

I might be getting ahead of myself, but while there's an active thread on this hotel I'll post this question. I'm thinking of taking an award stay at the Kensington Hilton next July, since it seems to get the best ratings for a cat. 3. I'll try to arrive at LHR and take the airbus, but I'll need to leave from LGW. I've looked at www.journeyplanner.org to see public transport routes to LGW. One option they give is to walk from the hotel to the airport in 17 minutes, but it isn't too clear how that happens . Another option is to walk 20 minutes to Kensington Olympia station and take the South Central train to Gatwick. I might take a cab for the short ride to Olympia and take that train; I wouldn't take a cab to Victoria. So, as long as I'm aware of the hourly schedule from Olympia instead of the trains every 15 minutes from Victoria, does using Olympia seem like a good option?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.