Hilton London Kensington {GBR}

Old Jan 11, 2002, 4:11 am

This really depends on your status with HH, which you don't mention (as well of course on the hotel’s occupancy rate!).

Assuming you are Diamond, you shouldn't have any problems, you could always call the hotel in advance, speak to the GM or duty manager and get him/her to confirm an upgrade as well as acknowledge your late arrival.

I’ve never stayed at this hotel so can’t say much more, but the principle stands for all properties I’ve stayed in.

Hope this helps.
Old Jan 11, 2002, 10:34 am

We are only gold, but this particular hotel usually does upgrade gold if they have the room available.
Old Jan 11, 2002, 12:56 pm

I agree that you could call and request the upgrade from the GM.
Old Jan 11, 2002, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is not too much difference in the nice K-Hilton rooms except the front-facing rooms on the 7th floor (the exec lounge floor) are actually *SMALLER*. In late arrival situations like this, and if upgrading is really important, I will move to a u/g room on day 2 if a u/g room is available. They usually are. I have done it at the particular hotel twice. Not a problem.

MisterNice
Old Jan 11, 2002, 2:50 pm

Thanks for all the help. MisterNice, that is a very good idea.
Old Jan 12, 2002, 12:30 am

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
And one thing many Hotels have been good about is doing something special for special events.

On my Honeymoon (over 3 years ago) the Cavalieri Hilton (in Rome, Italy) upgraded us to the executive level, gave us a great welcome of wine and fruit, etc.. excellent. (was Diamond then)

Last year at the Hilton HV in Honolulu, again no problem.. and nice corner room! (as Gold)

Now, this year another anniversary stay and upgraded (with help from another member) to a nice room.. etc. Hiltons are very good about that.

So if it is a special occasion ask to speak to the Rooms Manager or the General Manager on getting a nice room for the occasion
Old Mar 3, 2002, 1:02 pm

Hilton London-Kensington

I'm an HHonors Diamond and will be staying at this hotel in a couple weeks (my first trip over the pond). I've searched both current threads and the archives regarding the hotel. Overall, it seems that they are pretty good about Diamond upgrades/lounge access. I do have a couple questions for those that may have stayed here recently. First, what floor(s) are the executive floors. I'd hate to ask for an upgrade to the exec. level if I've already been assigned a room there. Second, what is the quality of the exec. lounge breakfast and is there any "evening" service. Thanks in advance for those that can help provide some additional insight.
Old Mar 3, 2002, 1:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
There were evening hot snacks that you could make a meal of. I don't remember floor number for executive floor but it is on the elevator and it is fully staffed so you come off the elevator to staff who can check you in--easiest way to ensure upgrade perhaps, although it wasn't a problem even for this lowly ubiquitous gold.
Old Mar 3, 2002, 1:23 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I can't remember the floor, but I was using points for a 4 day stay for 2 rooms. After some discussion at the desk, we were given 2 suites on the exec floor, very nice.
They have a real nice breakfast, better than the usual spartan European type. Open bar all day, evening snack.
Old Mar 3, 2002, 3:58 pm

The executive floors are 6 & 7. The exec lounge is on 7. Enter the hotel and take the first left, ignoring check-in and take the next left. There are 4 elevators with gold doors, take any one to the seventh floor. On leaving the elevator look to the left or right depending which elevator you have used and you will see the entrance to the lounge. You can check in there. I stay here weekly and as a diamond and have never been on any floor except six or seven.
Old Mar 4, 2002, 10:03 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AA ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire/Ambassador
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ryker:
I stay here weekly </font>
Couple of questions Ryker:

what is the average rate you pay?

What has been the best rate you've had?
Old Mar 4, 2002, 10:06 am
Original Member

Best rate I have had is 76 GBP per night for two people, weekday and weekend during "high" season (July).
Old Mar 4, 2002, 10:19 am

Blonde Bomber you say...76 GBP per night for two people, weekday and weekend during "high" season (July).

Is that the rate you were given for the executive floors of the hotel?

I stay in London a great deal, and if this is true... will definitely be looking into booking this hotel.

Old Mar 4, 2002, 10:22 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nobody-elite:
Blonde Bomber you say...76 GBP per night for two people, weekday and weekend during "high" season (July).

Is that the rate you were given for the executive floors of the hotel?

I stay in London a great deal, and if this is true... will definitely be looking into booking this hotel.

</font>
I stayed there in November for GBP 89,90 (price incl. breakfasts). Exec floor given automatically.

Absik001
Old Mar 4, 2002, 10:34 am
Original Member

Yes, executive floor with breakfast for Hilton HHonors Gold members. This rate was advance booking though, prepaid (3 or 10 day advance?), non refundable.

There are even better rates now
ESCAPEAWAYS BB (W5) DOUBLE HILTON GUESTROOM
CONTEMPORARY ACCOMMODATION
- RATES INCLUDE BED AND BUFFET BREAKFAST
for 54 GBP

HILTON VALUE PLUS (HS) TWIN HILTON GUESTROOM
CONTEMPORARY ACCOMMODATION
- FULL PAYMENT NON REFUNABLE AT TIME OF BOOKING
for 74 GBP

We found the hotel executive floor rooms quite nice (still smallish-but that's London). The nonexecutive floor rooms were definitely not as nice (read--stay somewhere else).

Breakfast on exec floor was more than adequate. Executive floor has rooftop balcony that is nice to sit out on warm summer evenings.

Location is good close to tube. We actually walked across Hyde Park to downtown on one occasion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.