Hilton London Kensington {GBR}

Old Jan 4, 2004, 6:23 am

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
My stay at the Hilton Kensington have always been pleasant. The lunge is very nice, where one can get a nice glass of wine and unwind.
Also, across from the SB Tube, there is mall where one can catch a movie if needed.

Walking towards Holland Park Tube, one can find many nice restaurants also.

Overall, my experince was a positive one at this hotel.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 10:50 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
I stayed there for 4 days in October 2003 and the hotel was adequate if unremarkable. Would agree staff a bit stiff. Ditto the Asian restaurant; good, but very expensive. Lounge has nice goodies but is very small; breakfast can be a madhouse trying to find a seat.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 4:46 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
we were just there and agree it is nothing to write home about - BUT the staff were exceptional so maybe there were new staff or changes made? Breakfast was crowded but almost no wait for seats for 2 the days we were there

Front desk and housekeeping were very helpful , dealt with a lot of special requests, (altho still disorganized!) Given the drink coupons cause lounge closed, etc,

I like the Holland Park neighborhood (and NottingHill, a longish walk or short bus ride) a LOT - good restaurants and a few shops, so I'd stay there again if the price was right.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IMHO without the executive lounge I would not consider staying there. The small busy exec lounge makes it passable with frequently favorible rates. This hotel has a very high employee turnover and hires many, if not almost all, from the former behind-the-iron-curtain countries. Lately the Metropole (and the Paddington) have been looking better and better and my Kensington stays are diminishing.

MisterNice
Old Mar 7, 2004, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT.UA EX, HH DIAMOND
E mail address for G.M. at Kensington?

Hi all,

I am on a one night award at London Kensington next week and would like to
e mail the GM and ask for an upgarde ahead of time if at all possible. Anyone have an address for the GM or anyone with power over the room assignments?

Thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2004, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe "upgrades" are subject to availability at time of check-in. Check the HH T&C.

MisterNice
Old Mar 7, 2004, 1:47 pm

My experience in the past at Paddington and Athens was that an email ahead of arrival really helped with the upgrade chances even though it is not confirmed until check in. I always e mail ahead and at the very least get a response saying they will "do their best" and so far they have always come through with an upgrade.

Anyone have an address?
Old Mar 7, 2004, 2:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Try [email protected]
...gets you the Assistant General Manager responsible for advance reservations, room selection, etc.

Old Mar 7, 2004, 10:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
The UK Hilton website has e-mail addresses for most of their properties. I believe it is www.hilton.co.uk.

I sent an e-mail to the reservations manager at the London Olympia property but never got a response.

Good luck.
Old Mar 7, 2004, 11:04 pm

Programs: AAExecPlat MM, DL MM, HH Platinum
I'm HH gold and was at the Kensington last week. Was upgraded when I registered. Club is on 7th floor, but 6th is also an upgraded floor. Small room, but robe, etc. Best part is the club. Not much table space for breakfast, but from 6-10 each night, hot nibbles and an open bar where you serve yourself. Also was at Gatwick last week, and the staff in the club insist on serving you. They get very upset if you try to pour yourself a drink
Old Mar 7, 2004, 11:11 pm

Thanks yyzflyer, Jeeves and TexasFlyer!

Great input from all of you!
Old Mar 8, 2004, 7:17 pm

Just staying here @ Kensington... upgraded during checkin without asking for it. Staff friendly, happy with food in the lounge.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 1:10 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
We (HHonors Diamond) were at the Kensington Feb 27 - Mar 1, and were upgraded to a Junior Suite. Actually a room with an adjacent room made up as a lounge (good for business interviews.) We could take breakfast in the lounge, or the hot buffet in the restaurant.

Most staff was fairly attentive. Good location, two distinct neighbohoods with varied eating etc. (Holland Park and Shepherd's Bush tube stations.) A2 Airbus from LHR drops directly at hotel.

We'll return in April.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP
I was upgraded in Jan. on 2 stays by requesting on web reservation. This person responded on hotel information so she may be able to respond on upgrade request. Eva Alley - Revenue Manager:Hilton London Kensington ([email protected])
Old Jul 24, 2004, 3:51 pm

Hilton London Kensington

Hi,

We are staying at this hotel in August, but as we are booking a leisure package, and have JUST joined HHonours, we are staying just in a STANDARD bedroom. What I was wondering is, is this hotel recently refurbished, as one review on TRIPADVISOR says that the room is 'tatty and tired' (STANDARD) but that was last year, and a recent review says 'our room fely newly done' or something along the lines of that. Also, does the bedrooms have duvets, or basic blankets. Any help will be most appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.