Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences {NCL}

Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences {NCL}

Old Dec 26, 13, 4:54 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Plat, UK AMEX Plat
You can't really fault this hotel for the view!

We're currently in a a one bed appartment, which has some things which are very new and nice, plus some things which feel a little dated. We've had a few issues, but after a chat with the manager I believe they should mostly be fixed by lunchtime...

I'll post some more about the hotel in a day or so, when I've been here long enough to properly experience it!
Old Nov 22, 14, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Gagravarr View Post
You can't really fault this hotel for the view!

We're currently in a a one bed appartment, which has some things which are very new and nice, plus some things which feel a little dated. We've had a few issues, but after a chat with the manager I believe they should mostly be fixed by lunchtime...

I'll post some more about the hotel in a day or so, when I've been here long enough to properly experience it!
Hey I know it's been almost a year since your post but any chance you can provide an update about your stay?
Old Nov 23, 14, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Plat, UK AMEX Plat
I think I can probably still remember most things about the trip. What stuff are you especially interested in?
Old Nov 24, 14, 4:02 pm

Just wondering what if any issues you had? How's the beach, pool, lounge, etc. I'll be there in a few days so I guess I'll find out soon enough
Old Nov 25, 14, 5:39 am

The pool is pretty small, and could be quite busy at times. However, the beach is pretty much right there, so no big issues with that! You just head down, through one of the walkways through (lifts/entrances/reception are on the side away from the sea), down the paths through the park and cross the road. Public showers close to where you cross. There was a platform / pontoon thing a short way out, which was fun to swim to them jump off.

The beach in front isn't all that deep, so for lazing about you might want to head round to one of the other bays. For a swim or similar, it's perfectly good. You could also head out to one of the little islands in the bay for a few hours on a fancy beach if you wanted.

The hotel restaurant was ok but not amazing, but there's quite a lot of nice ones within a 5 minute walk, including several in the block the hotel sits on top of. Loads more at la Baie des Citrons, which was a short drive or 30 minute walk. You also have a full kitchen if you want to cook!

Breakfast is taken in the restaurant, but the restaurant isn't owned by the hotel, so when we were there it could be a bit odd. Some days they were quite friendly and relaxed, letting us take from the whole buffet, no issues with us being a party of 3 but only technically getting 2 breakfasts. Other days someone else was in charge, and they were very strict and unfriendly, serving only a subset of the buffet. A bit odd, but I guess that's the trouble with it not being part of the hotel. Staff were, after a small initial hicup, very friendly and helpful.

If you're expecting the Le Meridien Ile de Pins, you'd be dissappointed. If you want a nice appartment with stunning sea views, fair bit of space, lots of restaurants nearby, where you can earn/burn hhonors it's good!

(We stayed here, then went to Ile de Pins for a few nights, then back. We liked both, but they're quite different, and you want to be in the right frame of mind for each!)
Old Nov 25, 14, 3:39 pm

thanks, appreciate the info, looks like I have to make a last minute change of plans but I'll look into staying at the hilton again in the future
Old Jun 18, 17, 4:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, AC, GA, Hyatt, Marriott
Can anyone provide transportation options between the hotel and the airport. It seems the airport is a long way away.
Old Jun 19, 17, 4:18 am

You'll want to get a hire car at the airport. There are some touristy thing you can do with buses or taxis, but you'll probably want/need a car on the trip, so you might as well get it at the airport and drive yourself down to the hotel!
Old Jun 19, 17, 6:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, AC, GA, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Gagravarr View Post
You'll want to get a hire car at the airport. There are some touristy thing you can do with buses or taxis, but you'll probably want/need a car on the trip, so you might as well get it at the airport and drive yourself down to the hotel!
Thanks for that. The hotel has replied to my email offering a shuttle bus service by a third party for XPF3000 one way. A car sounds like a good option.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: