Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sydney {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:29 pm
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Those of you that said rates at this hotel drop like a rock as you near your stay dates....were absolutely right. Tracking closely....I may actually change my mind and book two connecting rooms here after all.

Always worth booking a cancelable rate, then monitoring.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:23 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by DC9
I’ve been googling this new enhancement without luck. Is there a link to this?
Edit: I hope that it’s just some mis-communication.
Guess its related to this thread
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...traliasia.html

Possibly its an upcharge from Continental to Full breakfast
(which is pretty poor at Sydney given its a fairly average Full breakfast selection in the first place)
DC9 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Anything other than Americano
ow.

David
Old Mar 6, 2020, 5:01 am

Programs: HH: Diamond, WofH: Globalist, UA: 1k, Longterm member only post when I have something new to ask/say
Originally Posted by ozztraveller
I was at Christchurch DT a few weeks a go and received full buffet but someone has just said they had been asked to pay an extra $10 recently. It could be a DT thing and not Hilton.

One more data point. I was charged the upcharge at the Christchurch DT for a very bad quality hot breakfast, and told it was a new system as of March 1.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 5:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, SQ Gold, VA Platinum, QF Gold
Just checked in at Hilton Sydney. I can confirm that they've started the $10 upcharge for a full breakfast as of March 1st. Even for Diamonds
Old Mar 6, 2020, 6:12 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Guessing the EL will be more crowded in the mornings then.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 7:00 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by yaromac
One more data point. I was charged the upcharge at the Christchurch DT for a very bad quality hot breakfast, and told it was a new system as of March 1.
Originally Posted by wongfn
Just checked in at Hilton Sydney. I can confirm that they've started the $10 upcharge for a full breakfast as of March 1st. Even for Diamonds
I assume that everyone who has complained over the years about a lack of "consistency" will be thrilled that Hilton has apparently decided to impose consistency by reducing the international benefits to match the domestic ones. Just great.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 7:03 am

For a recent week-long stay I had been debating one of the Meriton Suites properties (serviced apartments) but decided to stay at the Hilton because of the Glass breakfast. With that benefit gone, my next stay will be at the spacious rooms of a Meriton Suite. If I'm going to buy my breakfast anyway, I may as well buy it at Woolies and prepare it in my own kitchen.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 7:23 am
DC9

Those staying at the Hilton Sydney may see the affable GM, Ronald van Weezel, getting about the hotel. He would be well versed in any up-charging for the Glass breakfast (and the coffee tax).

Mr van Weezel seems to be a very likeable fellow who enjoys chatting with guests.
Attached Images  

Last edited by DC9; Mar 6, 2020 at 7:31 am
Old Mar 6, 2020, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Guessing the EL will be more crowded in the mornings then.
I'd say this is inevitable due to the policy change. Get there early!

Only question is will they continue to charge extra for the "proper" coffee now?
Old Mar 6, 2020, 11:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Wow - my stays will drop. The free breakfast was always a good offset for the small rooms.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:28 pm

See the thread "Alignment" of Benefits Across Australia
Old Mar 10, 2020, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by anabolism
See post 572.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:59 am
DC9

Originally Posted by teemuflyer

... Only question is will they continue to charge extra for the "proper" coffee now?
I appreciate that your question is probably rhetorical.

However, the implementation of the $5 coffee tax at Glass Brasserie (Hilton Sydney), coincided with the arrival of the current GM, Ronald van Weezel, in 2015. Mr van Weezel’s crowning glory at his former roost, Hilton Brisbane, was ......... You guessed it ......... Implementation of a $5 coffee tax in the hotel restaurant.

In fact, Mr van Weezel may be credited with pioneering the $5 coffee tax in Hilton hotels within Australia, as it’s caught on in most by now. A feather in his cap.

I refuse to buy the coffee in Glass Brasserie anyway, as it’s never served hot enough for my liking, even though I ask for ‘extra hot’. I get one to-go (which is way better) at ‘Caffe Cino’ in the lobby on the way to Glass. Mr van Weezel still wins, I guess, as I’m still paying for the coffee. LOL.

Edited
moa999 and teemuflyer like this.

Last edited by DC9; Mar 11, 2020 at 2:48 pm
Old Mar 11, 2020, 8:29 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
When I was Diamond and staying there I had a tea downstairs, then went to the EL for coffee to avoid the tax.

Whats the coffee like in the EL now that the Nespresso machines are gone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.